Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Starwarsfan2099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think the last thing i did was deleting a mod so probably its corrupted data what's causing this error. Also the sd card is FAT32.
Upon further investigation, 010000000000001f is ns-sysmodule. And crashes involving it have been linked to several different things before. Best to start over with new Atmosphere and Hekate honestly.

Reactions: Blythe93

brian698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what happened to the GitHub · ITotalJustice/sigpatch-updater.
I just got a Nintendo Switch and I was planning to install Atmosphere.

Thank you!

Last edited by brian698,

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
i think the last thing i did was deleting a mod so probably its corrupted data what's causing this error. Also the sd card is FAT32.
Can you boot into OFW / stock NAND?
Do you have a spare SD card to test whether it'll work with a fresh install?

Does anyone know what happened to the GitHub · ITotalJustice/sigpatch-updater.
I just got a Nintendo Switch and I was planning to install Atmosphere.

Thank you!
DCMA notice. You can download the latest release here.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys what's the default values for this registry key for faster usb connection? Or should I delete it?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_16C0&PID_27E2&MI_01\6&2ad25e3f&1&0001\Device Parameters]
"DeviceIdleEnabled"=dword:00000001
"DefaultIdleTimeout"=dword:0000EA60
"USBTimeout"=dword:0000EA60

-----

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbstor\11ECA7E0]
"MaximumTransferLength"=dword:00100000

Last edited by kheldar,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys what's the default values for this registry key for faster usb connection? Or should I delete it?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_16C0&PID_27E2&MI_01\6&2ad25e3f&1&0001\Device Parameters]
"DeviceIdleEnabled"=dword:00000001
"DefaultIdleTimeout"=dword:0000EA60
"USBTimeout"=dword:0000EA60

You should leave the registry key alone, it has nothing to do with the usb speed.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I understand. That is already done, what I want is to unblock nintendo servers on sysmmc but not on emmc.
You can use DNS MITM for that. default.txt will block on sysMMC, while emummc.txt will block on emuMMC. For your use case, you can just make emummc.txt. Make sure to read on how to avoid getting banned, depending on what you're about to do.

ShadowbannedAllstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I just got a 512gb SD card and I'm looking to use it to replace my current SD (256gb). I'm not going to even try to migrate the games, I know I'll have to resinstall them. I have some questions about the whole new SD process:

- I literally just took it out of the box, so it hasn't been formatted yet. I know that I need to use fat32 instead of exFat, but what about the other options? Which allocation unit size should I pick, and uh... what programs do I use to format it :rofl2: I have seriously forgotten how I formatted my previous Switch SD card. In my defense, it's been a couple of years, andI have a bad memory :P

- I was a very clueless newbie when I hacked my Switch for the first time, and as a result I never set up an emunand - I have been using a cfw sysnand the entire time. Is this going to come back to haunt me as I'm trying to setup/use the new SD?

merbiyatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it has been years since ive laste been here. great to be back after being stuck on hand held 3ds. im a little late to the party but managed to get myself a new hw modded switch LITE. gone through the hassle of loading up modules and figuring everything for the most part.

i do have a question regarding sysclk and fps locker. i understand some games are locked to 30 andsome at 60(hollow, dead etc.) what i like to do in those games is under clcok their profiles to still be a ble to run at 60 fps.

on highger end games. does fps locker do the same as increasing the value of cpu gpu on sysclk to achieve 60 fps?

on a side note, i also got the switch lite in 16.x.x, in the future if im at a point where i want to update hats, do i need to update the switch ofw as well?

enochlinux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to enter applet mode without holding R and opening a game? I have no games installed as of rn.
Post automatically merged:

Is there a way to enter applet mode without holding R and opening a game? I have no games installed as of rn.
* Non applet.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
yes to both questions.
I'd just start from scratch in that case. If you're using hidden partition emuNAND, it might be enough to just delete the SD card contents and start with a fresh Atmosphere, Hekate, sigpatches, etc. so see if that would work in your case. Backup your SD card contents (you don't need to backup games as you can reinstall them at any time, I suggest that you do it via DBI installer).

Make sure to test your SD card with h2testw before you proceed. Note that the bigger the card, the more time it'll take for the app to test it. If there are no errors, you can use that card. Otherwise, you'll probably need to buy another one unless you want to risk another data corruption.
I've recently replaced my 128GB ADATA with the 256GB Sandisk Extreme microSD card because the first one would every once in a while throw a data corruption error so it was only a matter of time when will I run into it again (it happened about two times before I replaced my microSD card).

I'd suggest that you follow either this or this guide. Additionally, you can grab sigpatches and/or sys-patch module so that you can play game backups.

Before installing mods, I'd suggest that you make a backup of you SD card contents, just in case they corrupt your files again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof