Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting about the SD card, it's unbranded so I can't check if it's a fake, but it says 1tb, so I suppose it could be a fake 1tb. Why would that stop Atmosphere from running though? Would it be because of the SD card is too slow? Or is it a capacity issue?
If you run the card through H2testw it will tell you if it's a fake (most likely if it's unbranded). You may be able to tell on the Hekate screen also. Example: https://rentry.co/SwitchSDInfo
Screenshot 2024-01-30 200419.png

unpatchedswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you run the card through H2testw it will tell you if it's a fake (most likely if it's unbranded). You may be able to tell on the Hekate screen also. Example: https://rentry.co/SwitchSDInfo
View attachment 417274

thanks, my understanding that H2testw effectively puts temporary data onto the SD card with the aim of filling it with 1tb of data? I'm just concerned that'd take hours to fill it up. Even if it's a fake and it's say, 120gb in size, that's still going to take an age to fill up?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, my understanding that H2testw effectively puts temporary data onto the SD card with the aim of filling it with 1tb of data? I'm just concerned that'd take hours to fill it up. Even if it's a fake and it's say, 120gb in size, that's still going to take an age to fill up?
Then wait for the Author of that tutorial to respond to your problem. Sorry, best I can do for you to try to help.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

unpatchedswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then wait for the Author of that tutorial to respond to your problem. Sorry, best I can do for you to try to help.
Hmm, passive aggressive or a just a mix up, but I'm detecting you've taken umbrage because I mentioned a youtube video, with those italicised "that"s. As I've already said, that youtuber doesn't post on youtube to engage in Q&A sessions. It isn't how youtube works. The MO of a content creator is to post a video and then quickly move onto recording and posting another, that's how they make money.

Regardless, thank you for the screenshots and the links for testing the SD card. If this fusee error code is indeed indicative of a fake SD card then I think it'll be easier if I try a branded SD card and see if the results improve.

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless, thank you for the screenshots and the links for testing the SD card. If this fusee error code is indeed indicative of a fake SD card then I think it'll be easier if I try a branded SD card and see if the results improve.
Yea I just don't like or trust Youtube videos. And yes that's another problem is you can't ask the author questions. But good luck. :grog:

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys. I just updated to Atmosphere 1.6.2, firmware 7.0.0, got the updated sigpatches etc. I'm trying to play the newest update 3.0 for pokemon violet. But upon launching the game, I just get a perpetual "checking if the software can be played". This doesn't happen to any other games, only this one.

What should I do?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I just updated to Atmosphere 1.6.2, firmware 7.0.0, got the updated sigpatches etc. I'm trying to play the newest update 3.0 for pokemon violet. But upon launching the game, I just get a perpetual "checking if the software can be played". This doesn't happen to any other games, only this one.

What should I do?
Where did you get the sigpatches from? Use them from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/
And usually that error means your Switch is not linked as the primary Switch on your N account. You can try this: https://github.com/rdmrocha/linkalho

Reactions: simsimsim

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where did you get the sigpatches from? Use them from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/
And usually that error means your Switch is not linked as the primary Switch on your N account. You can try this: https://github.com/rdmrocha/linkalho
Thanks! I got the sigpatches from here on gbatemp, though maybe not the page you linked. I will try!
I don't understand your second point. I only have one switch with one account, also never got this issue before.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I got the sigpatches from here on gbatemp, though maybe not the page you linked. I will try!
I don't understand your second point. I only have one switch with one account, also never got this issue before.
Ok then it's prob a sigpatch issue then, use those from that link and try. Download the zip from first page, unzip and copy all folders to your sd card.

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: simsimsim

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy all. My Switch is currently FW16.0.3 and AMS 1.5.4

I'm trying to back up my Mario Odyssey Save file using DBI or Checkpoint, but I'm not sure if it's getting backed up at all actually...

In DBI, browse to game, move tab to saves, press start then select backup. When going to the saves option and the backups tab it doesn't say any are available (Could it be that the game is currently open?)

I've just downloaded Checkpoint 3.8.0 but this doesn't even open for some reason. Clicking the icon flashes the screen black then straight back to the homebrew launcher page in album.

Any help appreciated

Bartho1omeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm looking for the animal crossing new horizons island transfer tool xci or nsp. I can't find it on Google and I've read that some tinfoil shop might have it.

blanknothing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Switch OLED on the current OFW. I am interested in installing cfw for homebrew purposes. Mainly cheat codes and save game editing. I have experience with the Wii going all the way back to when you had to hardmod it, but I am new to the switch scene. I am also fairly good at soldering. I have looked at the guide for the switch but I have a few questions, some of the terminology is messing me up and some of the info is confusing me as it contradicts things I have read from other sources.

1. Can a current ofw oled successfully install cfw and homebrew using a hwfly or picofly?
2. Which make and model (version) "chip" should I use?
3. Where is the best place to get it? (Specific seller or store not just marketplace site Ali/Amazon/Ebay)
4. Can someone please post a link to a good install guide for the appropriate chip?
5. Can someone please post a link to the necessary install files? Or link to mfg site that has them?
6. Lastly, is there a particularly good/active thread or reddit/server for discussing first time cfw installation on a switch? (Aside from the noob guide posted above.)

Thank you for your help. I realize that is a lot, but there is so much info out there (some of it contradictory or outdated) it is hard to find and figure this all out on my own. Sorry if this is a stupid set of questions, but everyone has to start somewhere. Thanks again.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Switch OLED on the current OFW. I am interested in installing cfw for homebrew purposes. Mainly cheat codes and save game editing. I have experience with the Wii going all the way back to when you had to hardmod it, but I am new to the switch scene. I am also fairly good at soldering. I have looked at the guide for the switch but I have a few questions, some of the terminology is messing me up and some of the info is confusing me as it contradicts things I have read from other sources.

1. Can a current ofw oled successfully install cfw and homebrew using a hwfly or picofly?
2. Which make and model (version) "chip" should I use?
3. Where is the best place to get it? (Specific seller or store not just marketplace site Ali/Amazon/Ebay)
4. Can someone please post a link to a good install guide for the appropriate chip?
5. Can someone please post a link to the necessary install files? Or link to mfg site that has them?
6. Lastly, is there a particularly good/active thread or reddit/server for discussing first time cfw installation on a switch? (Aside from the noob guide posted above.)

Thank you for your help. I realize that is a lot, but there is so much info out there (some of it contradictory or outdated) it is hard to find and figure this all out on my own. Sorry if this is a stupid set of questions, but everyone has to start somewhere. Thanks again.

Currently only the Hwfly RP2040 being sold on aliexpress, not the older v4/v5, you can get an Instinct V6 Black if you have an oled. Sthetix have some diagrams

https://github.com/sthetix/DIAGRAM

Anyway in term chip quality, hwfly v4 (mv1-7.1/7.2) with QFN fpga chip = Instinct NX (v6) > picofly/rp2040 >>>> v5 with BGA fpga chip

Doctorbeefy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently only the Hwfly RP2040 being sold on aliexpress, not the older v4/v5, you can get an Instinct V6 Black if you have an oled. Sthetix have some diagrams

https://github.com/sthetix/DIAGRAM

Anyway in term chip quality, hwfly v4 (mv1-7.1/7.2) with QFN fpga chip = Instinct NX (v6) > picofly/rp2040 >>>> v5 with BGA fpga chip
The Hwfly RP2040 is being sold on amazon as well.Just a heads up.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: Good choice +1