Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know if there has been any methods out there to mod a patched switch yet? or is it still not possible? last time i really dived deep for info it was around 2020 or so and I couldn't find anything. i've been getting back into modding my other nintendo systems and really wanted to give my switch a go since I haven't played it for almost a year.
Hardmod only

Got_Famous06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Time for my routine update errors lol I updated amto and hekate, and can boot fine but none of my games or tinfoil launch. I get unable to start software. Iv put what I think are the correct sigpatch files, and iv tried to use the app AIO to update the sigpatches. not sure what im doing wrong.

Edit- I cant see where to delete, but iv fixed the issue, I forgot to add some files lol

Last edited by Got_Famous06,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I know of. I was wondering if maybe it was either sys modules that had been installed OR the "graphics enhancing cheats" available on all in one downloader?
If you used the AIO tool, then it probably installed some type of bloat. Delete your /atmosphere folder and download a fresh one from the official GitHub page.
Can somebody help me? I had a working emuMMC on my hacked switch with firmware 16.0.2, when I saw that a new atmosphere version came out I decided to try AIO updater since I've never used it before, I clicked on update atmosphere, atmosphere crased and when I rebooted to hekate I could no access the emuMMC anymore, either by hekate or fusebin, I deleted the atmosphere and bootloader folder as well as the switch and config folders on the sd card, placed the new version of atmosphere, hekate and patches on the sd card but I still cannot access emuMMC, I get an atmosphere logo splash and then black screen up until I turn off my switch, what could possible be the issue and how can I fix it?
Did you have file or partition based emuMMC?
Hello,

Is it possible or is there some kind of applet that allows you to upload screenshots from the switch to Twitter?
My emunand has incognito enabled (blank serial number) and a edited DNS, so i don't think it will work the default way.
Someone made this a couple of years ago so you can go ahead and give it a shot.
So I haven't touched my switch in years, but now I wanted to start using it and decided to update everything. I followed the known guides, but while reading the page on Rentry about dumping your keys I saw that it said to copy both prod.keys and title.keys, but I only had a backup of one file so I decided to dump my keys again. Then I did something stupid and FORGOT to put my micro sd card back in my switch so I now I'm worried that it dumped the keys on the internal storage of the switch...

Does anyone know if that is what happened? And if so, is it harmful (as in will I now get instantly banned for "modifying" my switch)?
Keys are only stored on the internal storage of the Switch so having an SD card inserted or not doesn't affect the keys being dumped. Also, insta-bans are a myth; bans are distributed at random times whenever Nintendo feels like spreading a ban wave.
Hi!
I have a Switch v1 Erista with SX core installed. I run Hekate + Atmosphere with emuNAND and recently Atmosphere started giving this problem when I boot it:

A fatal error occurred when running Atmosphere. ProgramID: 010000000000002b Error Desc: std::abort() called (0xffe) Failed to save report to the SD card! (00000202) Press POWER to reboot.

I tried several options and couldn't solve it, so I'm thinking to format my microSD and make a clean install of everything.
Besides a backup of the savegames, do I need to keep anything from the SD? Or do I just wipe the SD and start over with the Rentry guide?
Maybe someone has a guide about doing this kind of cleanup?
Thanks!
There is an issue with one or more of the save files inside your console. Back them all up with a homebrew save manager such as JKSV or Checkpoint then get rid of all of them. Slowly restore it until the console encounters a problem or you're done restoring the save files. You don't have to touch anything on the SD card but if you do end up wiping it, do not follow rentry guide. Its not very good at all. Instead, I would highly recommend following switch.homebrew.guide instead.
Hello, Time for my routine update errors lol I updated amto and hekate, and can boot fine but none of my games or tinfoil launch. I get unable to start software. Iv put what I think are the correct sigpatch files, and iv tried to use the app AIO to update the sigpatches. not sure what im doing wrong.
The problem is you are using the AIO updater which is a very buggy tool notorious for causing many issues. Stop using it immediately and download the latest patches from this thread.

Reactions: Veralyn

hayashirice

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a true noob but a long time ago I was given a switch that I know is hacked by fusee-gelee and has hekate and atmosphere on it. I don't have auto-RCM on, so I'd have to use the little sliding gadget to run cfw (which I also forgotten how to do but maybe I can figure that out later). I use goldleaf on my PC. The thing is though, I've barely touched this in 2 years and I've forgotten everything about it.

I would like to update this to the newest firmware. The console firmware I beleive is currently 9-point something. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I'm thinking that I don't have start from the beginning, so that's why I feel like I don't know where to begin.

DevilzCY

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I just join in the atmosphere thingy yesterday with newest fw 16.0.3 and I do not have the launch option SYS CFW, how do I enable this? I have tried searching for answer and either it already there or they ask to modify the ini file but did not mention how. :((

Also here is my exosphere content:
[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=1
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0

I have blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=1 enable, does that blank the sys cfw as well? And if I want to play online with legit game on my sysnand is this option recommended?

Thank you

4nt4ttich3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
There is an issue with one or more of the save files inside your console. Back them all up with a homebrew save manager such as JKSV or Checkpoint then get rid of all of them. Slowly restore it until the console encounters a problem or you're done restoring the save files. You don't have to touch anything on the SD card but if you do end up wiping it, do not follow rentry guide. Its not very good at all. Instead, I would highly recommend following switch.homebrew.guide instead.

Thanks. Unfortunately JKSV boots to a black screen from Hekate, but it's not a problem because I have a recent backup.
How do I just delete the saves?
I tried mounting the SD and deleting the content of Nintendo/save and emuMMC/ER00/Nintendo/save but it didn't help.
Both folders contained two files, 8000000000000000 and 8000000000000124.
Did I delete the wrong stuff? How do I just wipe the saves?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Unfortunately JKSV boots to a black screen from Hekate, but it's not a problem because I have a recent backup.
I tried mounting the SD and deleting the content of Nintendo/save and emuMMC/ER00/Nintendo/save but it didn't help.
Saves r stored in nand not sd card if your using an emunand then its there

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok. I've just modded a mates switch. It worked. But he had stuff on it we didn't want to lose.

I did a system wipe in tegraexplorer (emmc). It's now stuck on the loading screen. Is this normal? I used systemwipe.te

I'll give it a while and see what happens. If it doesn't work I'll remake the nand remove everything one at a time?

Or I've seen somewhere a nand rebuild tool. If someone can point me to that?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a true noob but a long time ago I was given a switch that I know is hacked by fusee-gelee and has hekate and atmosphere on it. I don't have auto-RCM on, so I'd have to use the little sliding gadget to run cfw (which I also forgotten how to do but maybe I can figure that out later). I use goldleaf on my PC. The thing is though, I've barely touched this in 2 years and I've forgotten everything about it.

I would like to update this to the newest firmware. The console firmware I beleive is currently 9-point something. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I'm thinking that I don't have start from the beginning, so that's why I feel like I don't know where to begin.
Updating CFW hasn't changed. You simply delete the old /atmosphere folder and download the newest one from the official GitHub page. Hekate is easier to update since all you do is download the latest one then drag and drop it to the SD card. Firmware is the hardest out the three but not by much. To do that, you use the homebrew app Daybreak which comes bundled with the latest Atmosphere. The only struggle is you need to download the firmware files of the update you wish to upgrade to but since they are copyright protected, links cannot be provided. However rest assured they are readily available illegally on the Internet.
Hi guys, I just join in the atmosphere thingy yesterday with newest fw 16.0.3 and I do not have the launch option SYS CFW, how do I enable this? I have tried searching for answer and either it already there or they ask to modify the ini file but did not mention how. :((

Also here is my exosphere content:
[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=1
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0

I have blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=1 enable, does that blank the sys cfw as well? And if I want to play online with legit game on my sysnand is this option recommended?

Thank you
Its a bit complicated to make your own so you can download a pre-configured hekate_ipl.ini file that contains a launch entry for CFW sysMMC from the patches thread. Also blanking prodinfo on sysMMC blanks it only when you use CFW on sysMMC. Since its enabled only on CFW, its not enabled when you are using OFW meaning you can play your legit games online.
Saves are not stored in the Nintendo folder. Are you using partition or file based emuMMC?
Ok. I've just modded a mates switch. It worked. But he had stuff on it we didn't want to lose.

I did a system wipe in tegraexplorer (emmc). It's now stuck on the loading screen. Is this normal? I used systemwipe.te

I'll give it a while and see what happens. If it doesn't work I'll remake the nand remove everything one at a time?

Or I've seen somewhere a nand rebuild tool. If someone can point me to that?
You can rebuild the eMMC with EmmcHaccGen

Reactions: DevilzCY

DevilzCY

Trophies
XP
Country
Updating CFW hasn't changed. You simply delete the old /atmosphere folder and download the newest one from the official GitHub page. Hekate is easier to update since all you do is download the latest one then drag and drop it to the SD card. Firmware is the hardest out the three but not by much. To do that, you use the homebrew app Daybreak which comes bundled with the latest Atmosphere. The only struggle is you need to download the firmware files of the update you wish to upgrade to but since they are copyright protected, links cannot be provided. However rest assured they are readily available illegally on the Internet.

Its a bit complicated to make your own so you can download a pre-configured hekate_ipl.ini file that contains a launch entry for CFW sysMMC from the patches thread. Also blanking prodinfo on sysMMC blanks it only when you use CFW on sysMMC. Since its enabled only on CFW, its not enabled when you are using OFW meaning you can play your legit games online.

Saves are not stored in the Nintendo folder. Are you using partition or file based emuMMC?

You can rebuild the eMMC with EmmcHaccGen
You 're my hero. Can't thank you enough

Reactions: Draxzelex

Dandan0404

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is there an NRO or program where it would clean the files/updates i feel like if

Base Game + Update 1 + Update 2 = would take more space than
Base Game + Update 2 = less space

AliQ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Tinfoil v13, and I was trying to use NUT for the first time to install a +4gb game via USB.

First I've tried with NUT's latest release, but I kept receiving an error for missing keys.txt. I've found a post where a fellow user solved this problem by using either version 2.6 or 2.7 of NUT.

With both 2.6 and 2.7 I avoid the keys.txt error message, but then I get stuck at "begin recv", and I don't understand why.
I've installed the drivers, and NUT does show my NSP files in the secondary window, but the usbfs window in Tinfoil stays empty. I suppose it's because I never reach the "read complete" step in the "squirrel window".

I know there are several USB installers floating around, but I would like to stick with Tinfoil if at all possible, as to avoid juggling several apps at once when using my Switch.

Thank you for your help :)
Post automatically merged:

I have an old model Switch on firmware 5.1.0, has hacking these old models got any easier?
I hacked my nintendo switch v16.0.3 today and thats very easy!!

I'm on Tinfoil v13, and I was trying to use NUT for the first time to install a +4gb game via USB.

First I've tried with NUT's latest release, but I kept receiving an error for missing keys.txt. I've found a post where a fellow user solved this problem by using either version 2.6 or 2.7 of NUT.

With both 2.6 and 2.7 I avoid the keys.txt error message, but then I get stuck at "begin recv", and I don't understand why.
I've installed the drivers, and NUT does show my NSP files in the secondary window, but the usbfs window in Tinfoil stays empty. I suppose it's because I never reach the "read complete" step in the "squirrel window".

I know there are several USB installers floating around, but I would like to stick with Tinfoil if at all possible, as to avoid juggling several apps at once when using my Switch.

Thank you for your help :)

I hacked my nintendo switch v16.0.3 today and thats very easy!!
Helo?!

Last edited by AliQ,
Reactions: raxadian

arianlilnasx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to boot up my switch to free up some space for mods and stuff, but when I plug it in I get the regular “low battery-charging” screen (red battery with charging symbol in the top left corner of screen), but it constantly flashes on and off in about an interval of 10-15 seconds.

Is my switch bricked? How can I fix this?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an NRO or program where it would clean the files/updates i feel like if

Base Game + Update 1 + Update 2 = would take more space than
Base Game + Update 2 = less space
Installing a newer update will remove the space taken up by all of the previous updates.
I was about to boot up my switch to free up some space for mods and stuff, but when I plug it in I get the regular “low battery-charging” screen (red battery with charging symbol in the top left corner of screen), but it constantly flashes on and off in about an interval of 10-15 seconds.

Is my switch bricked? How can I fix this?
Do you have AutoRCM enabled?

Luigi31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I have a question, if I launched my switch just twice in SysNand CFW mode and I went to the menu where there were all the hombrew installs, is my switch still clean to play online? if I connect it to the internet and start it in OFW?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi