Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Thrumptus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A few months ago I used hacdiskmount to move my emunand Pokémon violet save to my sysnand, I tried using the same account from my emunand to boot the game but the save wasn't detected, however a secondary account was able to detect it for some reason, it was working fine up until a few days ago when I tried to transfer the save to a new switch using Nintendo's official tool, the save was deleted from the source console but was also not present on the target, I had a backup so restored it and tried again, same result, I tried a third time and now both consoles are stuck in a save transfer loop with the source console throwing error 2002-1002, I tried factory resetting and re entering the save transfer but no luck there either, I restored my restored my nand backup, unfortunately I forgot to make a backup of boot 0 and boot 1 so I backed them from up from the factory reset nand and then restored those, I'm currently wondering if, 1 the consoles will eventually be banned, I've only messed around with one but can the untouched one still be banned, 2 how do I go about figuring out what file the save transfer wants so I can escape the loop, from what ive been able to find so far the error either seems to be something general about corruption or that it can't find the save

mike4001

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Keep goldleaf installed, but try another installer and see if we get the same issue.

Tinwoo or DBI spring to mind as good candidates…

Installers​

• DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.

@binkinator

Thanks, I tried Tinfoil and could install Mario Kart 8 for instance without problems.

On other games (I installed before ... so the file is definitely OK) Tinfoil wrote that the file might be modified and I have to turn on the installation of modified code. I did that and could install the other nsp's!

So it´s basically working now but something is still not right because until yesterday and the update to Firmware 16.0.0 I could install everything using goldleaf without any problems.

I even replaced the whole Atmosphere + Hekate + Sigpatches Folders and it did not change.

But anyway ... working for now. Maybe installation is back to normal on Firmware 17.0.0 :D

Reactions: binkinator

Vladjaye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any possibility of having NSO-like functionality for certain games? Like replacing endpoints for what would be a "nintendo server"? It just happens that certain great games exist, but they support "online" multiplayer only vs some viable "local wireless" mode.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@binkinator

Thanks, I tried Tinfoil and could install Mario Kart 8 for instance without problems.

On other games (I installed before ... so the file is definitely OK) Tinfoil wrote that the file might be modified and I have to turn on the installation of modified code. I did that and could install the other nsp's!

So it´s basically working now but something is still not right because until yesterday and the update to Firmware 16.0.0 I could install everything using goldleaf without any problems.

I even replaced the whole Atmosphere + Hekate + Sigpatches Folders and it did not change.

But anyway ... working for now. Maybe installation is back to normal on Firmware 17.0.0 :D
Looks like there is an update for Goldleaf and FW 16.0.0 in the works

https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf

B4F3ADE6-07AF-4252-8EC8-46B88E611CD8.jpeg

No new release yet though, so prolly need to compile yourself for now…

e: I just read through the change and it’s adding libnx and addressing the new changes in fs module, so yeah, those breaking changes from 16.0.0 strike again (but are actively being fixed very quickly by the Devs)

Post automatically merged:

Is there any possibility of having NSO-like functionality for certain games? Like replacing endpoints for what would be a "nintendo server"? It just happens that certain great games exist, but they support "online" multiplayer only vs some viable "local wireless" mode.

Which games are you looking at specifically?

Last edited by binkinator,

Vladjaye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which games are you looking at specifically?
The first one that comes to my mind is Crash Team Racing. I just prefer it over MK8 because of its drifting mechanics.
Also, there is actually a ton of them. Like, for example, casual Knight Squad 2 - it is either 1 console only 8 players mode or online. So, I was wondering if some kind of NSO spoofing would ever be possible for all these games. Ofc online games like MMO or whatever would not work this way, but getting "NSO" functionality over Local Wireless would just be a killer feature really. Theoretically, if the relay stuff is done the same way as through "lan-play" - it would be super useful regardless of CFW - imagine trying to play the beforementioned CTR game on two consoles on the go without reliable internet connection.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first one that comes to my mind is Crash Team Racing. I just prefer it over MK8 because of its drifting mechanics.
Also, there is actually a ton of them. Like, for example, casual Knight Squad 2 - it is either 1 console only 8 players mode or online. So, I was wondering if some kind of NSO spoofing would ever be possible for all these games. Ofc online games like MMO or whatever would not work this way, but getting "NSO" functionality over Local Wireless would just be a killer feature really. Theoretically, if the relay stuff is done the same way as through "lan-play" - it would be super useful regardless of CFW - imagine trying to play the beforementioned CTR game on two consoles on the go without reliable internet connection.

Lan-Play and Xlink Kai are the only ones I’m aware of.

Anyone else know of other homebrew that might fit the bill?

Reactions: Vladjaye

mike4001

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Looks like there is an update for Goldleaf and FW 16.0.0 in the works

https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf

View attachment 358587

No new release yet though, so prolly need to compile yourself for now…

e: I just read through the change and it’s adding libnx and addressing the new changes in fs module, so yeah, those breaking changes from 16.0.0 strike again (but are actively being fixed very quickly by the Devs)

Ah ok, thanks very much!

Then this was basically my whole problem that Goldleaf is just not 16.0.0 ready yet :-)

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
this is just me looking out for you and creating a Backup of your current data before we proceed. Then if you run into trouble we can always get back to your known good state.

I highly recommend PC method. The Switch method is for when you update a lot and really have things down to a science and know how to fix things if they get sideways. Infrequent users tend to expect tools to know how to handle all edge cases and are surprised when things go sideways often resulting in extended troubleshooting. Doing it by hand allows you to see what’s happening in real time.

Choi is no longer updated. You will need to use daybreak.nro (comes w/ Atmosphere) to upgrade your Firmware after yoI’ve upgraded your CFW and Bootloader (Atmosphere and Hekate). It is the next section of the guide…

Ahhh thank you very much! Then i will back them up, just in case :)

Then PC method it is, I'm going to follow that guide very carefully before doing anything.
Also good to know that Choi is no longer updated, in that case I can remove it from my Switch.

Also Sorry for this stupid question, but where can we obtain Switch firmware in order to update it? Also is it safe to update to the latest FW version?
I remember when I updated my Switch 2 years ago, to not update it to the latest version, since Hekate etc wasn't compatible yet. So I got the version below the latest (back then).

Last edited by Naxster,

Lazlo_Woodbine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fantastic stuff, I'm starting to get my head around it now. Thank you very much for your help.
So I got a Sandisk 512GB SD card which I formatted to FAT32 using GParted.
I placed this lot on it;

Screenshot at 2023-03-12 12-05-04.png

SD card went back in the Switch. I put it into RCM and connected it to my laptop via USB.

Now I'm running Mint 20.1 so I've tried both Web Fusée Launcher on Chromium and fusee-interfacee-tk-linux but although both acknowledge APX is there when I try to inject "hekate_ctcaer_6.0.2.bin" the Switch won't boot into Hekate as I'm led to believe it should.
I've tried two different USB cables but it makes no difference.

This is what I get with each programme. Both just sit there doing nothing.

fusee-interfacee-tk-linux;
Screenshot at 2023-03-12 12-14-55.png

Web Fusée Launcher;

Screenshot at 2023-03-12 12-06-13.png

I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I got a Sandisk 512GB SD card which I formatted to FAT32 using GParted.
I placed this lot on it;

View attachment 358625

SD card went back in the Switch. I put it into RCM and connected it to my laptop via USB.

Now I'm running Mint 20.1 so I've tried both Web Fusée Launcher on Chromium and fusee-interfacee-tk-linux but although both acknowledge APX is there when I try to inject "hekate_ctcaer_6.0.2.bin" the Switch won't boot into Hekate as I'm led to believe it should.
I've tried two different USB cables but it makes no difference.

This is what I get with each programme. Both just sit there doing nothing.

fusee-interfacee-tk-linux;
View attachment 358630

Web Fusée Launcher;

View attachment 358631

I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what?
I feel your pain. I never could manage to inject a payload with Linux. On Windows 7, tegraRCMGUI works flawlessly on the same PC (dual boot PC). I always wondered what's the secret to succeed with Linux. I don't actually depend on it, since I have a few RCMLoader One injectors, but I would still like to know what's the problem. Can you link the two methods you listed? Maybe they're different from what I tried before.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When i boot my switch via Hekate (stock/emunand) the Atmosphere logo (cfw) or Nintendo logo (stock) flashes red for a split second before its the normal white color again. Does this mean anything?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh thank you very much! Then i will back them up, just in case :)

Then PC method it is, I'm going to follow that guide very carefully before doing anything.
Also good to know that Choi is no longer updated, in that case I can remove it from my Switch.

Also Sorry for this stupid question, but where can we obtain Switch firmware in order to update it? Also is it safe to update to the latest FW version?
I remember when I updated my Switch 2 years ago, to not update it to the latest version, since Hekate etc wasn't compatible yet. So I got the version below the latest (back then).

My buddy Darthsternie knows about firmware but we don’t link to it so you are on your own. Make sure you have updated Atmosphere and Hekate and it’s all working before you update FW.

Almost everything has been updated to 16.0.0 at this point. You will probably want to pick up the next release when it comes out.

When i boot my switch via Hekate (stock/emunand) the Atmosphere logo (cfw) or Nintendo logo (stock) flashes red for a split second before its the normal white color again. Does this mean anything?

As long as it still boots and plays games you are fine.

Reactions: Veralyn

Lazlo_Woodbine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks! I'm gonna try them tomorrow. Don't have any time today. I'll report back with the results.

I've just been playing with ns-usbloader and, having written a new udev/rule in accordance with the recommendation within the programme, it works!

Screenshot at 2023-03-12 13-46-44.png

This rule may well enable the previous two methods I tried to work too.

You can find ns-usbloader at https://github.com/developersu/ns-usbloader/releases/tag/v7.0
The ns-usbloader-7.0.jar version worked for me.

So my Switch is now booted into hekate! I'll be back when I'm struggling again, won't be long at this rate...

tommaloney

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey everyone,

I am looking for information that describes how to use the RCM loader. info like describes the fake one with the file size compare to the real one with a different file size. Also it goes into great detail about how to reset, update and what the buttons do to change from SXOX (RED light) to atmosphere (BLUE light) and a few other things. can anyone help me please. looking for something I can print out. I had a webpage but lost that :(

Thanks

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I forgot a step when I was updating my CFW to Atmosphere 1.5.0. I updated Hekate and sigpatches. I was able to boot up and checked that system was at 1.5.0. I went to the albums to update firmware, and it asked to reboot as normal so I did. But I ended up with "A fatal error has occurred when running Fusee. Unable to identify package1!" Press power to reboot. It stays in that mode. I don't know if I need to update Fusee or if there is a way to bypass this.

C0MP1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I get error 2002-1002 when trying to launch any game on emummc. They Work fine on ofw and sys cfw. And when i launch software like YouTube IT says Could not start software please try again.

Edit: i checked for corrupted data and all My games Have corrupted data, but i cant download it, because i am in emummc and not connected to Nintendo servers.

Edit: i did a backup and a new emummc.

Last edited by C0MP1,

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My buddy Darthsternie knows about firmware but we don’t link to it so you are on your own. Make sure you have updated Atmosphere and Hekate and it’s all working before you update FW.

Almost everything has been updated to 16.0.0 at this point. You will probably want to pick up the next release when it comes out.

No problem, i understand :)

Hmm so is 16.0.0 compatible with the latest Hekate, Atmosphere, incognito etc? Or should I use 15.0.1 just to be safe? :)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

As long as it still boots and plays games you are fine.
Also remember what is a github for the firmwares, is great.

• Love

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :cry: You arent'? :cry:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bake them a cake :ninja:
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I can change my name back tomorrow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, what will your new username be?
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    My original one
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about the actual reasons behind it. For most it's just another reason to get shit faced drunk and spout off hyper-patriotic nonsense. The Trumpers around here going to be out in full force with their trucks and guns and flags making noise all over town. Hard pass.
    +1
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about... +1