Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Capo2901

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
So I was given s friend's switch to hack it and put in some games, so I downloaded some games for his switch, and more than half of them ask me to connect to the internet, and if I select no, I can't open the game. I'm definitely not turning off airplane mode, and even less connecting to the internet, because I don't want to get my friend's switch banned. I asked on reddit and I was told that maybe it is because some of this NSPs were the eShop versions of the games, and that's why they needed connection, to verify if I can play them. If that is the case, isn't there any way around this? No way I'm deleting all the games and reinstall them one by one.

BTW, the switch is on 15.0.0, latest Hekate, and latest atmosphere, and installed all the games through DBI MTP

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being a dummy, but this is the part I don't know how to do.

I've named the backup rom.z64 but I get back [Errno 2] No such file or directory 'rom.z64'
It needs to be in the same directory as the python script. I’m learning how to add roms to CaVE at the moment. Hoping I have the right patches…the first attempt started but halted. Not sure if it’s my rom or how I added it…we’ll figure it out.

e: make sure you're running it from the command line too...no drag and drop business.

Last edited by binkinator,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It needs to be in the same directory as the python script. I’m learning how to add roms to CaVE at the moment. Hoping I have the right patches…the first attempt started but halted. Not sure if it’s my rom or how I added it…we’ll figure it out.

e: make sure you're running it from the command line too...no drag and drop business.
It is in the same directory. I am running from command line. I'm stumped.
Post automatically merged:

To use Cave is pretty easy, but with N64 you need something called a dtz file. Go to help, and then the compatibility list, and download them from the list. Only some have been made, and compatibility is pretty low.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-07 161227.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-07 161227.png
    410.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by regnad,
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To use Cave is pretty easy, but with N64 you need something called a dtz file. Go to help, and then the compatibility list, and download them from the list. Only some have been made, and compatibility is pretty low.
Don’t type that big old line.

Navigate using the cd command to here:

F1BE46B7-A454-4FA7-8D86-1BAB1FE26B39.jpeg

Then run:

python3 gameshark_code_injector.py

Thanks for the tip in CaVE. I’ll try it now.

meccs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I currently have emuNAND running on a small SD card and I want to start fresh with a 400 GB one. I can just use JKSV to backup my saves and should be good right? Also what is the most simple up-to-date guide to install CFW from scratch nowadays?

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What's cd command?
Whoa it worked!

Seems that there aren't dtz files for the stock games. I wonder if there's a way to extract them. I'd like to apply a widescreen patch to Banjo to see if that works, but I can't even launch it without the dtz.

Last edited by regnad,
  • Sad

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa it worked!
Awesome! One step forward….
Seems that there aren't dtz files for the stock games. I wonder if there's a way to extract them. I'd like to apply a widescreen patch to Banjo to see if that works, but I can't even launch it without the dtz.

I added the widescreen patch from DarkAkuma‘s page to the plain rom of Paper Mario. There’s a dtz for it. Here it is, but it seems stretched out.

image.jpg

I think I have the gist of CaVE but I can’t get my modified rom to run. Will do more research tomorrow.

I currently have emuNAND running on a small SD card and I want to start fresh with a 400 GB one. I can just use JKSV to backup my saves and should be good right? Also what is the most simple up-to-date guide to install CFW from scratch nowadays?

If you’re OK with reinstalling your games then just backing up you game saves would be fine. Another option you might consider is migrating everything from the small card to the big one.

Here’s an up to date guide:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy]

Here’s how to migrate your Emunand from one card to another:

https://rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard

The rest of the card can be copied via copy-n-paste on your PC.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 17
Last edited by binkinator,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was given s friend's switch to hack it and put in some games, so I downloaded some games for his switch, and more than half of them ask me to connect to the internet, and if I select no, I can't open the game. I'm definitely not turning off airplane mode, and even less connecting to the internet, because I don't want to get my friend's switch banned. I asked on reddit and I was told that maybe it is because some of this NSPs were the eShop versions of the games, and that's why they needed connection, to verify if I can play them. If that is the case, isn't there any way around this? No way I'm deleting all the games and reinstall them one by one.

BTW, the switch is on 15.0.0, latest Hekate, and latest atmosphere, and installed all the games through DBI MTP
It might be an issue related to the title installer that you used. I don't advise using DBI. Instead, I highly recommend you to use TinWoo Installer instead. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues while using it.

Treedor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
if i install games on the switch on sd card with a program on pc will i get banned if i dont use internet?
if not when i want to play online i can remove the sd card and connect to internet?
by the way im not modding the console

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i install games on the switch on sd card with a program on pc will i get banned if i dont use internet?
if not when i want to play online i can remove the sd card and connect to internet?

You can't install pirated game without modding the console.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you are not modding the console there is nothing left to discuss.

Please read https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy to see why.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How can he actually come from his own thread, where those questions were already answered, over here and ask the same questions again? Like, why?
Not a single ounce of effort was invested to read the replies over there.

Capo2901

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
It might be an issue related to the title installer that you used. I don't advise using DBI. Instead, I highly recommend you to use [/URL] instead. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues while using it.
But it will be definitely time consuming to delete all games and reinstall them with the new installer. Do you know a way of "patching" the current games so that I don't have to lose a lot of my time?

LulamoonLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch will not boot into emuMMC after updating from 15.0.1 to 16.0.0 via Daybreak. I have updated Hekate, Atmosphere, and my Sigpatches, and am using NS-USBloader to inject the Hekate 6.0.2 bin. I deleted the contents folder from Atmosphere. I have tried the Fix Archive Bit tool but that did not help. There doesn't seem to be any crash dump file anywhere. My sysnand/sysmmc both boot just fine, it's just emuMMC that won't boot.

When I try to load emuMMC, my Switch immediately crashes, and when I reinject the payload I get the "HOS panic occurred!" message. I attached an image of what it looks like.

Any insight into what I can do?

EDIT: Sorry, am dumb - Atmosphere 1.4.1 does not support 16.0.0. Got the 1.5.0 prerelease and it works fine now!

Attachments

• 20230307_124621.jpg
    20230307_124621.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, i installed the first time the emuNand on a 32 GB sd card,everything went fine and i played for many days, but i realized that it was too small so i bought a 128 gb.
I searched a bit and found a guide, it said that if you have a file based nand, you can just copy and paste everything on the new sd (and so i did), then i inject the paylod, but when i launch emuMMC it just show me a black screen and i have to shut down the switch.
What am i doing wrong?

Which guide did you follow? It helps sus out where you got sideways.

On a side note, did you format fat32 or exfat and did you use files or partition based emunand?

Nic2609

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxh52g2HP3s