Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should be ok getting those new games?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
Absolutely, by the time a breaking FW on a cart gets to you, it’s high time to upgrade anyway. Nothing will be coming out with FW16 for many months and we’ve already got the majority of homebrew updated.

Last edited by binkinator,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for posting this crucial update!

I will make note of it in my Russian speaking people friendly download link and hope fences can be mended soon!
DBI 504 released. It looks like it's back to normal, with an english version (not tested yet, but no r in the version number is a hint). Thank god the "crisis" is over. I'm not about to give up on my favorite homebrew for the Switch.

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DBI 504 released. It looks like it's back to normal, with an english version (not tested yet, but no r in the version number is a hint). Thank god the "crisis" is over. I'm not about to give up on my favorite homebrew for the Switch.

Tested. It works great! Posted in downloads.

(and I don’t have to scan w/ Google translate.)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My nintendo switch was automatically updated to version 16.0.0, I have autorcm activated and when today I went to play in emunand mode (atmosphere) the switch turned on directly and did not stay with the black screen as it normally does. It doesn't detect rcm on the tegra either. Is there a way to activate the autorcm again without using the jig?
First off, the Switch does not "automatically" update. It always the prompts the user if they want to update or not. Accidents do happen so lying won't get you anywhere. Secondly, there is no way to install RCM without hacking the console so you do need a jig.

• Haha
Reactions: BigOnYa and impeeza

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been having a couple issues after updating the CFW. The screen either goes yellow or I get this error. Any help would be appreciated on resolving this matter. I have done multiple things and attempted to resolve this issue in every way possible that I have seen. Starting from a fully clean SD card.
Upgrade or delete Tesla.

better yet, move/rename /atmosphere/contents/ to /atmosphere/contents.bk and reboot, and see if that fixes things for you.
Post automatically merged:

I don't have tesla or I don't have the file named tesla is that the ovlmenu OVL file?
Yes, you do. Look at the title ID in the error you posted.. It spells 7E51A (TESLA) in leet-speak.

A718189E-AEFD-4CA0-B6E4-CB493390AC11.jpeg

The files causing the problem are located in /atmosphere/contents

move/rename /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk and reboot and you will know instantly.

if that works, you can restore and upgrade.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/updated-edizon-overlay-added-feature.603725/

DaddyDingDong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check nogc and autonogc setting in Hekate and Atmosphere to enable/disable GC (Game Card)

Autonogc settings are set up in Hekate based on this doc:

Nogc setting are setup in Atmosphere based on this doc:
I found it that the Hekate Nogc setting was enabled but nothing in Atmosphere unless I'm doing it wrong. Now I get this when inserting a game...

Attachments

• PXL_20230228_041653421.jpg
    PXL_20230228_041653421.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 37
Last edited by DaddyDingDong,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found it that the Hekate Nogc setting was enabled but nothing in Atmosphere unless I'm doing it wrong. Now I get this when inserting a game...
So it’s booting without the game card inserted but crashes the instant you put in a GC? Is it any GC or just one in particular?

What firmware version is on your Sysnand and what version is on your Emunand?

e: I just re-read you OP…this happens in stock as well? Can you just let the system boot w/o hax and see if it will play that way?

DaddyDingDong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it’s booting without the game card inserted but does the instant you put in a GC? Is it any GC or just one in particular?

What firmware version is on your Sysnand and what version is on your Emunand?

e: I just re-read you OP…this happens in stock as well? Can you just let the system boot w/o hax and see if it will play that way?
OFW 9.1.0 Hekate 6.0.2 Atmosphere 1.4.1
It will give the same error regardless of what I boot into. I bought this switch pre-modded (V1 no chip) and it appears they had the NOGC activated. If I update the switch to OFW to the latest firmware could that possibly cure it?

I just took off auto RCM mode and removed the SD card and to get it to boot normal and the picture is what I got.

Attachments

• PXL_20230228_060351465.jpg
    PXL_20230228_060351465.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 30
Last edited by DaddyDingDong,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatthe fuck is this is it real

What the fuck is this it is it real

@Milenko knows:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/who-said-switch-gamecube-emulation-was-impossible.626870/

will he tell?

I’m thinking yes.

OFW 9.1.0 Hekate 6.0.2 Atmosphere 1.4.1
It will give the same error regardless of what I boot into. I bought this switch pre-modded (V1 no chip) and it appears they had the NOGC activated. If I update the switch to OFW to the latest firmware could that possibly cure it?

I just took off auto RCM mode and removed the SD card and to get it to boot normal and the picture is what I got.
It could very well. The error you’re getting is sometimes related to the GC firmware level mismatch. It’s different than the Switch FW. GC has way fewer versions but I’m less familiar with the cut offs…mostly because with a hacked Switch, who needs game carts? ;-)

Here’s link for the various fuse level:

https://gbatemp.net/blogs/fuses-gc-fw-key-versions.19175/

If you’re too low you will have to update and again, I’m less familiar but I think the update is one way?

DaddyDingDong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Milenko knows:

will he tell?

I’m thinking yes.

It could very well. The error you’re getting is sometimes related to the GC firmware level mismatch. It’s different than the Switch FW. GC has way fewer versions but I’m less familiar with the cut offs…mostly because with a hacked Switch, who needs game carts? ;-)

Here’s link for the various fuse level:

If you’re too low you will have to update and again, I’m less familiar but I think the update is one way?
Just updated to OFW and now it reads games. wild stuff but thanks for the help.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely, by the time a breaking FW on a cart gets to you, it’s high time to upgrade anyway. Nothing will be coming out with FW16 for many months and we’ve already got the majority of homebrew updated.
Hey again. I bought Kirby and the gamecard did work :)
Unfortunately, I was unable to find gamecard version of Metroid Prime Remaster. I am on a wait list at a local game store (Based in Iowa and Illinois).

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I updated Atmosphere and the Fuuse file and did the injection it won't load it just shows the battery charging than a black screen I am freaking out and idk what to do I am on latest atmosphere but not latest switch update I was updating my atmosphere and fuse before I did system update if anyone can help will be appreciated

Also the atmosphere logo that shows up flickers and turns red than disappears

Move/rename /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk and reboot to see if that fixes you.

Iorkca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey folks is there a set of cheats for MH Rise Sunbreak that work with Edizon, can't seem to find a thread about it here but i might be looking it up wrong

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WiseDan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
howdy
wise dan (in progress) here
i have 2 interesting questions for now.
1. why is no bazar subforum here?
2. patron of this gbatemp forum is invited to explain the meaning of the ''gbatemp''. is it a word? is it a plane?

Animage55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
howdy
wise dan (in progress) here
i have 2 interesting questions for now.
1. why is no bazar subforum here?
12. patron of this gbatemp forum is invited to explain the meaning of the ''gbatemp''. is it a word? is it a plane?
What should be in this "bazar" subforum? xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate...