SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. WillV

WillV Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2018
    Brazil
    Can i update Software in "Config" while using Atmosphere?

2. mikeyt1998

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    United Kingdom
    North West England
    Well, I use the highlighted payload in this screenshot to boot the console... I'm not sure why it states AMS 0.9.4|S as the CFW.

Regardless, and unfortunately, this still doesn't answer why it's the only game out of any that doesn't install correctly. I tried an alternate download for the game too but it has the same error so I'm at a serious loss on this one.

Attached Files:

3. jucaa

jucaa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2012
    United States
    Ok, so pokémon sword has leaked and it requires fw 7.0 to play.
    Im on 8.1 but i got an error when i try to install it.

Invalid NCA (might mean missing sigpatches or a too low firmware)

From what i remember, i have sigpatches from 9.0

Atmosphere is 0.9.3, could be this?

Last edited by jucaa, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Teletron1

Teletron1 Space Tech Engineer

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    EARTH
    wanted to update my emmu to 9.4 atmos from 9.3 unpatched 8.0.1, is this a matter of just changing files on the sd card? is it that simple

saw something with nca's and using ChoiDujourNX

Last edited by Teletron1, Nov 11, 2019
  5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    1. While .XCI files are theoretically safer, they can still get you banned and have gotten numerous people banned already. Only ZeroTwoXCI and dOPUS/n1dus support .XCI file installation
    2. CFW
    3. Chainloading means booting one payload from another. Hekate is a payload and has the ability to load other payloads aka chainloading
    4. Depends on what you want
    5. Yes
    .NSP files are copies of digital content such as games, updates, or DLC while .XCI files are dumps of Switch cartridges.

There are no exploit planned for firmware versions above 7.0.1

Once you use a paperclip to enter RCM, you should enable AutoRCM with Hekate

Awoo-Installer is a title installer that installs .NSP files as well as few other minor features.

I would recommend doing a fresh installation of ReiNX by removing all folders except the Nintendo folder, any of your Switch homebrew applications in the switch folder, and any game mods in the titles folder.

Have you tried using ReiNX?

ChoiDujourNX is for updating your firmware. Updating your CFW simply involves updating the files on your SD card.

6. Mouser X

Mouser X GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    I'm pretty sure this is the wrong place to actually get the help I need (that'd be a psychiatrist :P), but hopefully someone can at least direct me to where I can find more advanced help.

In Dragon Quest Builders 2, in Malhalla (near end-game), there's a place where *everything* goes pitch black. In my game, the effect has been reversed. Instead of this small area going dark, the *regular* map is pitch black. The small area is still dark, but lights up with the headlights (the headlights stop working in the "normal" map areas, and therefore I can't see anything). The problem stays in effect when I load my game. I saved my game before I realised the lighting was broken, so I can't restore from a point before it broke. Any suggestions on how to fix this, or where to go to find people who can help me fix this?

It seems likely I can use a cheat engine to fix this (I suspect it's an environmental effect, and just needs the right variable to be switched back), but I don't know how to use cheat engines, or what to look for. :sad:

Any help would be awesome. I've already put 150+ hours in this game, and I *really* don't want to lose all the stuff I've built. :(

7. Yoshimaster96

Yoshimaster96 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2014
    United States
    My end goal is to dump and decrypt several games I have for use in Yuzu. However, I dunno how to do that. I also want to be able to "unhack" my Switch afterwards (I don't have an NSO subscription yet, but in case I get one).

My Switch was purchased basically right when it came out, so the Recovery Mode trick should work (haven't tested it yet though).

A way to do this would be nice. Also not sure if this should go in the Emulation and Homebrew section or not, so there's that.

8. AndreGalvez

AndreGalvez Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2017
    Mexico
    Is there a way to use NSP files and don't getting ban by Nintendo?

9. darkriku2000

darkriku2000 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2009
    United States
    Are you running a physical cartridge, the game downloaded from the eshop, or an xci or nsp? If it's an xci or nsp, especially if it's one you downloaded, that might be causing your problem so try a different source if possible. If it's one of the first 2 (official copy) I got nothing sorry. What FW/CFW are you running and do you have anything running in the background?

No. Well more accurately no 100% safe way has been found. If you're running NSPs and going online you'll eventually get banned.

10. LoganVirusX

LoganVirusX GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    trying to install an NSP I made with NCB from an XCI using goldleaf and it says invalid NCA or my firmware is too low.. I cant get this stuff to work.. what am I doing wrong?

11. KessonD

KessonD Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Italy

Thank you!

;)

Draxzelex likes this.
  12. darkriku2000

Apr 13, 2009
    United States
    What's your current firmware version and what cfw are you using? Also what game?

13. LoganVirusX

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    im on 9.0.0 and im working with pokemon sword here... nothing I do lets me be able to install my XCI or NSP..

14. LoganVirusX

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    yeah when I DO try and get the XCI or NSP so install it just shows up as a black square with a continuous loading icon.. whats the deal here?

15. Mouser X

Mouser X GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    I'm playing the game from a cartridge, on an unmodified Switch. My OFW version is 9.0.1. My Switch is hackable (I bought it Dec. 2017), and I have used L4T, and Lakka. I used Hekate to create a backup months ago.

Any suggestions on where (or who) else to ask for help? I didn't expect to have a fix here, but was hoping to be directed to where a fix may be found. Thanks for trying though.

16. AntonyB

AntonyB Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    France
    I wam currently on OFW 7.0.1 and AMS 0.9.2, would it be better to update to 9.1 via ChioDuJour and then update Atmosphere also or it's better to stay on a lower firmware?

17. HoTsHoTz79

HoTsHoTz79 GBAtemp Regular

May 9, 2018
    Canada
    my question got buried, so asking again

How do I remove emuNAND?

I have a 128GB and after emuNAND setup i dont have enough space... so I want to get rid of it and just have 1 partition.

How can I remove the sysNAND partition and have all my installed apps / albums / saves / etc?

18. darkriku2000

Apr 13, 2009
    United States
    Best ask on a dedicated game forum then I think, maybe the Dragon Quest subreddit or the forums at GameFaqs

19. mikeyt1998

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    United Kingdom
    North West England
    Is there a quick and easy link to update ReiNX? I always struggle finding the damn files for it.

Also, if they're not allowed to be shared then my apologies!

20. Joeli53

Joeli53 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    I'm running SX OS 2.9.2 on emuNAND 9.01. I need to get into my 8.1 sysNAND and deregister it as my primary Switch. I suspect I won't be able to access that option unless I update my sysNAND to 9.01. Deregistering online via the website is no longer an option for me. Am I safe to update my sysNAND, do the deregistration, and swap back to my emuNAND forever?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted