SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. befensor

befensor Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2019
    Italy
    Network connection do you mean without connect usb? Do you mean to navigate with browser to an opportune address?

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Atmosphere fully supports firmware 9.X. Its just that homebrew applications do not. And maintaining such a list is tedious and unpractical as there are too many homebrew applications to keep track of.

Yes

DrDoctor likes this.
  3. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Is it safe to format the console back to factory?

Or is there a method to follow?

I have only ever used RCM/fusee primary and atmosphere.

4. venom19910

venom19910 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2019
    Ecuador
    Hello to everyone, my noob questions are:
    1 - Should I update my Nintendo switch?, currently I am on 6.2.0 using ns atmosphere (0.8.1), my concern is that I can't install new nsp games, goldleaf don't work.
    2 - The person who sold me the nintendo switch told me that if i format the nswitch i can go back online, is this true?

5. alexj9626

alexj9626 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 2, 2016
    Panama
    Does Kosmos has some type of "Incognito mode" built in, like SXOS? Or if i want to connect to the internet i need to use some app?

6. flamesofdoom

flamesofdoom Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2010
    United States
    Can I restore my 4.1 nand backup on my updated 9.0.1 switch? Fuse count is 5.

7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Factory reset is fine, but it doesn't make the NAND clean @KiiWii.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It doesn't come with it bundle, you can use Blawar's Incognito if you want, but keep a backup of your prod.info, in case you want to restore to the original state.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Update to any firmware you want, via ChoidujourNX, keep it mind you can't play one while on CFW , you need a clean NAND to play online or you just going to get ban.

venom19910 and KiiWii like this.
  8. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Thanks @Hayato213

another question:

If I were to format the console, set it back up, delete the Nintendo folder from sd but leave on the atmosphere folders, reinsert sd, go into RCM, fusee primary: the switch would be running atmosphere again?

just trying to figure out how to start cfw again from a freshly formatted console.

9. venom19910

venom19910 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2019
    Ecuador
    Update to any firmware you want, via ChoidujourNX, keep it mind you can't play one while on CFW , you need a clean NAND to play online or you just going to get ban.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply, but should I first clean my nand before the update?

edit:format

Last edited by venom19910, Nov 9, 2019
  10. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You can as long the files are in the proper place.

KiiWii likes this.
  11. dxxshore

dxxshore Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2019
    United States
    Magalia
  12. megamanbassx

megamanbassx Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I'm kind of confused on the gamecart update in 9.0. I'm currently on 8.1 sysNAND and 8.1 emuMMC. Is it possible for me to update sysNAND to 9.0 to play online and play my gamecarts while keeping emuMMC on 8.1? (I assume I should keep emuMMC on 8.1 because of homebrew compatibility right?) To update my sysNAND do I need to update Atmosphere to 0.9.4? (And also set nogc = 0 to update my gamecart?)

13. phillyrider807

phillyrider807 GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2009
    United States
    Is there anyway to install nsz files through usb? I normally use goldleaf and i can install nsp files fine but not nsz.

Last edited by phillyrider807, Nov 9, 2019
  14. mikeyt1998

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    United Kingdom
    North West England
    Hey guys.

I just installed "Luigi's Mansion 3" and "Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD" through lithium and have a slight issue.

Luigi's Mansion works fine, but Super Monkey Ball doesn't want to load up. The Nintendo logo shows in the bottom right followed by the message "The software was closed because an error occurred". Any idea what this could be? I suppose my sigpatches are right because LM3 loaded, I'm not sure what's gone wrong here if I'm honest. No error code given whatsoever!

System is 8.1.0 and Atmosphere 9.4|S (According to the system screen).

Any help appreciated!

15. master0root

master0root Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2019
    United States

16. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    The Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 I was wondering in can use it on fw8.0.1 there few diff updates etc?

Can u still ignore FW?
    Wats the current best way to ignore FW atm ? I use sx os

17. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Most recent games bypass method no longer work, you should update if you can't run games you want to play.

18. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

Ok thx for that info. I do want to update to due to issues of sx os yet. Im not sure I do need to update to get the game working?

19. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You should be able to go to 8.1.0 fine, using the previous version 2.8 I believe, if you are really working about bricking have a NAND backup on hand.

20. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom

I’m on 8.0.1 If the game can work there I stay as just that game I’m looking atm
    I seen a repack was reported to work on 8.0.1 but not sure about the EUR update files or normal base game for Mario and sonic game?

Last edited by Zap2000, Nov 10, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted