SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    That depends on the game and I would feel like it would belong in the ROM Hacking Section. Also, there is technically no way to "unhack" the Switch because CFW is not installed on the console. If you want to make the console "clean" again, you have to restore a clean NAND dump that was made before ever running any CFW or homebrew.

I'd recommend updating to firmware 8.1 than 9.0.1 as not all homebrew applications work properly on firmware 9.X

https://reinx.guide/

Why do you want to deregister it as your primary Switch in the first place?

2. Joeli53

Joeli53 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    I need to register a new Switch as my primary Switch and already hit my 12 month limit via the website awhile back before I started using CFW. I want to keep my OG Switch and keep using emuNAND on it.

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Well I guess your only choice is as you said which involves updating to firmware 9.0.1. So long as your sysNAND is clean in that you never ran CFW or homebrew on it, or have a clean NAND backup of it that you can restore, you should be fine.

4. Yoshimaster96

Yoshimaster96 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2014
    United States
    In regards to games, I just wanna dump XCIs of the cartridges I have. How would I go about that? Do I need CFW to do so?
    As for NAND, how do I save and restore it?

5. blindseer

blindseer Past Generation Gamer

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    Earth
    Does running the rcm test payload make the switch nand dirty? I am preparing to hack my switch and the only thing I have done so far is run the test payload. Hoping that that hasn't ruined my chance to get a clean nand dump.

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Well how you dump them without CFW :P

NAND is both dumped and restored with Hekate

Majority of the RCM payloads do not touch the NAND so running them is safe from a banning perspective.

blindseer likes this.
  7. blindseer

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    Earth
    Thanks, that is what I thought especially because every guide had you do it first, still good to double check though.

Draxzelex likes this.
  8. AntonyB

AntonyB Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    France
    Ok i'll give that ago. So i'll update Atmosphere and Hekate to the latest current version, then to 8.1 using chioNX, then again to 9.1 if I'm correct ?

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    No, I do not suggest updating to firmware 9.X as I've said not all homebrew support it.

10. stefanbk

stefanbk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2017
    Gambia, The
    How can I check which firmware my GC Controller has?

11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You try booting a cartridge on a firmware below 4.0 and below 9.0. Remember that there were two updates for the cartridge slot. Also remember you have to do it without using the nogc patch.

12. WillV

WillV Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2018
    Brazil
    My switch is in 4.0.1. I want to update the fw to 9.0.1, how can i do that?

13. blindseer

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    Earth
    Okay last question, I have hacked my switch, went well, I went with the emunand so I can go online safely on sysnand. Which leads to my question, which way will get me a clean sysnand boot, disable autorcm and boot normaly or use launch sysnand from hekate_ctcaer_5.0.2.bin?

14. footsoldier

footsoldier Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2016
    United States
    I doubt that I have a clean Sysnand since I hacked it before emunand days and probably lost my sysnand backup. I do not know if my OFW is banned because I have always been in airplane mode, 90dns, etc. Is it worth it for me to setup a new emunand and hope that my sysnand is clean? I am swapping to a larger SD card which is why I am asking

15. Tekimoto

Tekimoto Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2018
    Austria

Last edited by Tekimoto, Nov 14, 2019
  16. Azeon

Azeon Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2017
    Brazil
    Quick questions guys :

1 - All my friends have a unlocked switch with Atmosphere, we're playing Pokémon Shield, is there a way to transfer the Pokémons without using the internet ?

2 - If the only way to transfer is through Wifi how do we transfer ? LanPlay ? Is there any other way ?

Thanks and Best Regards!

17. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX. But I personally recommend updating to firmware 8.1 over 9.0.1 as not all homebrew are supported on firmware 9.X

You could disable AutoRCM and boot sysMMC normally however I have been booting Stock mode via Hekate for a couple of months now and have not been banned (yet). No one has been banned for only using AutoRCM so it is believed to be safe for the most part but if you are paranoid, you can remove AutoRCM.

I would check if you are banned on sysMMC before setting up emuMMC. If you're not banned, you can use emuMMC to reduce the risk of a future ban. If you are banned, then emuMMC is not useful as a ban shield but it can be useful for other things such as a brick shield.

1. Shield? Only Sword was leaked unless they got their copies from a store that broke street date? Anyway, local trading has and will always be a thing
    2. See #1

18. Azeon

Azeon Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2017
    Brazil
    My bad, it is Sword, hehe.

Oh ok, so locally I will be able to trade/battle? How about online ?

19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Assuming it is the pirated version, you literally cannot play the game online. The game has a fake ticket which prevents you from going online. Only games with tickets signed by Nintendo can be used online.

20. Azeon

Azeon Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2017
    Brazil
    I used to play online using Lan Play, Street Fighter, Mario Kart and even Splatoon 2.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted