Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Check the game file with Switch Backup Manager you would get an idea what firmware you need it for it to run.

Ok
Check the game file with Switch Backup Manager you would get an idea what firmware you need it for it to run.

Ok if that’s the best prog I will read up on it then thx

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update to any firmware you want, via ChoidujourNX, keep it mind you can't play one while on CFW , you need a clean NAND to play online or you just going to get ban.

Thanks for your reply, but should I first clean my nand before the update?

edit:format[/QUOTE]You cannot clean your NAND. If you do not have a clean NAND backup, then there is no way to avoid risking a ban when you go online.

I'm kind of confused on the gamecart update in 9.0. I'm currently on 8.1 sysNAND and 8.1 emuMMC. Is it possible for me to update sysNAND to 9.0 to play online and play my gamecarts while keeping emuMMC on 8.1? (I assume I should keep emuMMC on 8.1 because of homebrew compatibility right?) To update my sysNAND do I need to update Atmosphere to 0.9.4? (And also set nogc = 0 to update my gamecart?)
The cartridge update in firmware in 9.0 is applied to the console. Both emuMMC and sysMMC use the same cartridge so if it is updated, that update applies to both partitions. The cartridge update in firmware 9.0 prevents cartridges from being used on any firmware versions below 9.0. You can keep sysMMC on 9.X and emuMMC on 8.X. However you do not need the latest Atmosphere to update your sysMMC.

Hey guys.

I just installed "Luigi's Mansion 3" and "Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD" through lithium and have a slight issue.

Luigi's Mansion works fine, but Super Monkey Ball doesn't want to load up. The Nintendo logo shows in the bottom right followed by the message "The software was closed because an error occurred". Any idea what this could be? I suppose my sigpatches are right because LM3 loaded, I'm not sure what's gone wrong here if I'm honest. No error code given whatsoever!

System is 8.1.0 and Atmosphere 9.4|S (According to the system screen).

Any help appreciated!
Have you tried using ReiNX?

flamesofdoom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed themes on my switch and now it crashes after the switch logo upon boot. Latest update to atmosphere(0.9.4) and switch(9.0.1). I do not know what to do. I was thinking about restoring my original (4.1) nand backup then updating my console back to 9.0.1. Would that work?

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm still trying to make the switch from reinx to atmosphere with kosomos.

But when I download sigpatches from sd setup and compare them with the sigpatches from
https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/

I get a difference in the folder "kip_patches":
sd setup:
kip_patches => default_nogc
gbaetmp sweet patches:
kip_patches => fs_patches

So what do I do with this? These are 2 completely different named folders and different content???

lukymut

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hi, I need advice. My nintendo switch has the latest 9.0.1 update. Installing Atmosphere and hekate was successful, everything works, but after turning off the nintendo, I won't get a combination of R and A into hekate. Something seems to be erased somewhere and I have to inject paylod again. Don't know what to do with it? Thank you

DrLivingstoned

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I use hekate and atmosphere (9.0.1)
I have been reading some posts that say that there is no auto shutdown when reaching low battery levels because the switch started up in the recovery mode. (Using RCM dongle). Some switch users could not boot up after that, at least that is what they say.

My question, can it do any harm if the modded switch battery is at 0% and crashes down because there is no power left ?
Does anyone have experience with this ?

Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do boot the console using the ReiNX Payload. Regardless, why would LM3 work but Monkey Ball not? I'm so confused by this, it's about the only game that hasn't installed with issue.
Your previous post indicates you are not booting ReiNX but Atmosphere as indicated by your system settings.

Hi, I need advice. My nintendo switch has the latest 9.0.1 update. Installing Atmosphere and hekate was successful, everything works, but after turning off the nintendo, I won't get a combination of R and A into hekate. Something seems to be erased somewhere and I have to inject paylod again. Don't know what to do with it? Thank you
Normally, you have to resend Hekate in order to get into Hekate. The alternative way is by using the Restart option.

I use hekate and atmosphere (9.0.1)
I have been reading some posts that say that there is no auto shutdown when reaching low battery levels because the switch started up in the recovery mode. (Using RCM dongle). Some switch users could not boot up after that, at least that is what they say.

My question, can it do any harm if the modded switch battery is at 0% and crashes down because there is no power left ?
Does anyone have experience with this ?

Thanks
The console will not boot at 0%. Even if it does boot into RCM at 0%, it will definitely not crash.

is there a reins 9.0.1 cfw??? or any cfw that can run on 9.0.1???
Both SX OS and Atmosphere support firmware version 9.X

Reactions: DrLivingstoned

A1pha0m3ga98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey y'all. I got a new microSD and put together a clean install of Kosmos + related software from SDsetup, but my switch keeps crashing after I attempt to launch emuMMC and boots back into the Hekate interface. It's formatted to FAT32 and partitioned the way it's supposed to. Additionally, I'm using all the new payloads and it's a fresh emuMMC. I'm on the latest OFW. Has anybody had this issue before?

rrdein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use the guide at a website beginning with "nh-server". On the page "SD Preparation" page, steps #2 and #3 both say to copy a folder named bootloader to the root of the SD card. Obviously this is impossible. Do they mean in #3 to copy the files from bootlogos.zip into the already-existing bootloader folder that we copied from Hekate.zip in step #3?

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUESTION

How do I remove emuNAND?

I have a 128GB and after emuNAND setup i dont have enough space... so I want to get rid of it and just have 1 partition.

How can I remove the sysNAND partition and have all my installed apps / albums / saves / etc?

Nickk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't done anything with my switch in a while and forgot how to update it correctly. I just went to install saints row 3 and luigis mansion and tinfoil wont install either.

I'm guessing I meed to update my firmware. I'm currently on 6.2 and use atmosphere and sometimes reinx. I'm not sure if I need to worry about burning fuses or not.

Can I upgrade to the newest official firmware and replace my SD files with the cfw files or Is there something else I'm supposed to do? Sorry if this sounds silly just dont wana mess up and upgrade too far.

Zantos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys i think i fucked up my clean nand.
I used emummc all the time and updated it to 9.0 while my sysnand stay on 8.x
I wanted to play my cartridge games on emummc and activated the gamecard slot. And now i cant boot into my sysnand because of the burnt fuses. Is there a way to still update my sysnand? Is my nand now flagged by nintendo?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't done anything with my switch in a while and forgot how to update it correctly. I just went to install saints row 3 and luigis mansion and tinfoil wont install either.

I'm guessing I meed to update my firmware. I'm currently on 6.2 and use atmosphere and sometimes reinx. I'm not sure if I need to worry about burning fuses or not.

Can I upgrade to the newest official firmware and replace my SD files with the cfw files or Is there something else I'm supposed to do? Sorry if this sounds silly just dont wana mess up and upgrade too far.
I recommend updating your firmware without burning fuses by using the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX. But before you update your firmware, update your CFW.

Hey guys i think i fucked up my clean nand.
I used emummc all the time and updated it to 9.0 while my sysnand stay on 8.x
I wanted to play my cartridge games on emummc and activated the gamecard slot. And now i cant boot into my sysnand because of the burnt fuses. Is there a way to still update my sysnand? Is my nand now flagged by nintendo?
emuMMC cannot burn fuses. The reason you cannot boot sysMMC is because you have a cartridge in your slot. Remove it and you will be able to boot sysMMC.

KessonD

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, this is my first post so greetings to the whole GBATemp community.

I'm definitely a Switch Noob, and I would like to ask some question.

First of all I'm currently running Switch FW 9.0.1, I bought my Switch on day 1, so it is fully compatibile with the hack.
I'm planning to install Atmosphere CFW, I found several guide online, but I think I'm gonna follow the one linked in this thread.

I do not have a payload injector only the Jig, so I'm planning to do that, following the guide, with my PC. So I have some doubts and questions and I hope you could help me.

1- Regarding the backup file I know there are two different files, NSP (Eshop dump) and XCI (Cartridge dump), and from what I understood it would be somehow safer from preventing bans to use the XCI files (I'll also use the DNS setting to block connections to Nintendo's server). It is possibile to install the XCI files with "Tinfoil" / "Goldleaf" homebrew?

2- What do I need to install in order to run properly "Tinfoil" / "Goldleaf"?

3- On the release note of Tinfoil V6.00, it is written: "Added XCI installation (does not work with Hekate / Kosmos unless you chainload fusee primary)" What does "chainload fusee primary" means? Can someone please explain that?

4- Which homebrew is better?

5- As long I don't reboot/turn off my Switch the hack will be active, right? So it will stays there also after a sleep mode? Is this correct?

So far that's all the questions I have.

Thanks in advantage.

Regards

Kesson

Last edited by KessonD,

krashton1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently bought a (day one) switch on 9.0.1. Hacked it following a tutorial from nevercholt tech (below). Made my backups (not particularly old ones since as I said, 9.0.1).

I want to set up emuMMC, as it seems like the smart thing to do to avoid getting console banned (I don't really have a reason to ever want online play but best to take precautions now). The creator of the video has a tutorial for setting up an emuMMC for 9.0.0, and through research I found people saying that emuMMC is updated for 9.0.0 and stuff, but nothing in particular for 9.0.1. Can I follow the same tutorial for setting up a emuMMC as a 9.0.0 switch?

emuMMC tutorial is below

My gut feeling tells me that this will be fine but I haven't found any statements online that corroborate that gut feeling.

Hikari_Ryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi everyone, newby here with some questions. I had someone install CFW on my unpatched switch with firmware 8.0.1, I'm running Reinx right now. Is there a guide or some links of what I should download to upgrade to 9.0.1 CFW and be able to play backups? I know that Reinx hasn't got updated to 9.0.1, so I should switch to Atmosphere, right?

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the difference between .NSP and .XCI?
When do you think Warmboot for the firmwares above 7.0.1 will come to fruition?
What should I do right after I were to use a paperclip to open up the Switch for Homebrew
Do you know about Awooinstaller?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse