Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I would like to know if i install updates via tinfoil , do i install them by order of their version number or is there another method?
You only need to install the last update.

Hi tempers just getting started to get my new switch hacked. Creating the SD setup may i select the signature patches ES ACID from the options displayed at the setup, it seems that this option is not on by default when selecting the KOSMOS bundle or is there a better option for those? are we needing those to be able to load our NSPs? are there or after there other must options i should be adding to it ?
You need sigpatches for playing and installing unlegit games (NSP) and also for homebrew. You definitely want this option on.

I just stopped playing my switch last year, but i already had it hacked. I bought the new link's awakening remake and i want to play it but have no clue what to do about the old hacks. The switch runs official firmware 5.1.0, and this loader hekate ctcaer mod 3.2 , with autoRCM enabled. It's possible to preserve the hacked system and update to a newer/more stable hack version, if not, how i can go ahead and restore everyhting to factory settings safely. So much time has passed that i don't know where to even start without damaging the system.

All my games are cartbridge based, before i had 2 different versions of the 5.1 FW installed, one that did this and one that didn't is still possible to do this? From hekate launch 2 different FW, one that still reads carts and the other CFW (or this issue just presens itself when someone wants to play backups).
First you need to update your SD files. Put the latest hekate release, the latest homebrew files, the latest atmosphere release on your sd card. Now you should still be able to boot to CFW. Download ChoiDujourNX and the firmware files for 8.1.0 (Google them) and update to 8.1.0.

So everytime we update atmosphere (or in my case jailbreak it for the first time) does atmosphere comes with the latest sigpatches and exefs patches? or do I have to download those from elsewhere? if so wfrom where? Thank you
You need to download them seperately. https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You need sigpatches for playing and installing unlegit games (NSP) and also for homebrew. You definitely want this option on.

First you need to update your SD files. Put the latest hekate release, the latest homebrew files, the latest atmosphere release on your sd card. Now you should still be able to boot to CFW. Download ChoiDujourNX and the firmware files for 8.1.0 (Google them) and update to 8.1.0.

You need to download them seperately. https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/
Is this the ones I need if I using atmosphere with hekate? I tried installing a NSP with gold leaf and it said Im missing sig files or have a low version. Im on 9.0 and used this exact patches. I had to replace the old sig patches (the ones that came bundled with atmosphere 0.9.4) folder for this new download right? thanks

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Is this the ones I need if I using atmosphere with hekate? I tried installing a NSP with gold leaf and it said Im missing sig files or have a low version. Im on 9.0 and used this exact patches. I had to replace the old sig patches (the ones that came bundled with atmosphere 0.9.4) folder for this new download right? thanks
If you boot with hekate you need different ones: https://github.com/Joonie86/hekate/releases/tag/5.0.0J

Nkrlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco

Thank you, its much easier than i thought it would be. Just one extra question if a run atmosphere would i be able to play my cart based games? O can i have 2 different versions one that works a-ok, and one with those extra patches that are being mentioned to run homebrew?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
@Nkrlz If you want to play cartridge games, you need to disable nogc patch either in BCT.ini (if you boot with fusee primary) or hekate ipl ini (if you boot with hekate). Keep in mind that this will update your cartridge slot and you won’t be able to use it on lower firmware (< 4.0.0) anymore. If you update to 9.0.0, what isn’t recommended yet, you can’t use the cartridge slot on firmwares <9.0.0 anymore.

Reactions: Nkrlz

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• Screenshot (50).png
    Screenshot (50).png
    115.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot (51).png
    Screenshot (51).png
    589 KB · Views: 122

Alanoide97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Using Atmosphere 9.4 on emummc (9.0) and some homebrew isnt taking input from the joycons. I read in the changelog that a temporal hid was applied. Is it normal to not work on everything?

Nkrlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
@Nkrlz If you want to play cartridge games, you need to disable nogc patch either in BCT.ini (if you boot with fusee primary) or hekate ipl ini (if you boot with hekate). Keep in mind that this will update your cartridge slot and you won’t be able to use it on lower firmware (< 4.0.0) anymore. If you update to 9.0.0, what isn’t recommended yet, you can’t use the cartridge slot on firmwares <9.0.0 anymore.

Now that you mentioned this i do remeber this, so do you know if there a guide or somthing were i could configure the hekate ini file to have both versions running (the one with the updated GC port) and one that does run homebrew?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Only the patches.ini in the zip? Have you tried to copy it to bootloader?

Now that you mentioned this i do remeber this, so do you know if there a guide or somthing were i could configure the hekate ini file to have both versions running (the one with the updated GC port) and one that does run homebrew?
Once your GC slot is updated you can’t revert. Simply set autonogc in the ini file to 0.

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only the patches.ini in the zip? Have you tried to copy it to bootloader?

Once your GC slot is updated you can’t revert. Simply set autonogc in the ini file to 0.
No, thats the one thing I didnt do. So are the patches in the right folder. (inside atmosphere and not root?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?