SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    There is no reason to update to firmware 9.0 at the moment unless you play online.

Its better to create an emuMMC partition of your sysMMC with all of its save data intact. Doing it after restoring a clean backup will make an emuMMC without any save data.

BCT.ini is only used by Fusee not Hekate.

Stock emuMMC is still broken as far as I know.
    Why not just continue using ReiNX? Also I don't recommend updating to the latest firmware.

pLaYeR^^ likes this.
  2. CatTheDestroyer

CatTheDestroyer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2019
    Italy
    Hello everyone!
    First post, and complete hacking noob (the only mod ive ever done was a super simple 3ds one, so all of this complicated stuff with the switch is real new to me lol).
    I have an unpatched switch that i i foolishly updated to 9.0.0 .
    I saw that Atmosphere's been updated as well.
    My question is: are the precedures to mod my switch exactly the same, so i can just follow the guides with just the latest releases of hekate, atmosphere, etc. Or is there something different?

Also, i have a 128gb sd card: do both partitions i need on my card need to be Fat or can the bigger one be exFat? Also, do i need to keep the copy of the Sys on the smaller partition for switching to a "legitimate" system?

Thanks, hope what i said made any sense!

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Arguably the Switch is easier to hack than the 3DS because all it takes is a paperclip and a USB cable but I digress. Unpatched consoles are referred to as unpatched because their hardware is and will always be vulnerable to the Fusee Gelee exploit so the process will be the same now and in 10 years. One partition can be exFAT although I do not understand your last question.

4. Yung_Shyne

Yung_Shyne GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    i disconected the joycons like it said. i skipped the system update portion because i would have had to connect to wifi on the vanilla vers(sysnand?)
    it still didnt work.
    then i tried to go into maintence mode using both volume buttons and power button. now my switch wont respond at all

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i just wanted to join the legion bros. i dont deserve a bricked switch ):

5. CatTheDestroyer

CatTheDestroyer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2019
    Italy
    Thank you for the quick answer!!
    Ok let's see if i can explain my poor comprehension on the matter ahahh

The only video tutorial i found in my language had this passage where the guy made two partitions, one of around 29gb (presumably to have the clean sys) and the rest for the emuSys + the games, so that he could switch between the two for when he'd need the clean sys for online gaming. What im asking, i guess, is if this rings any bell and i understood what he did correctly X)
    Hekate is for making a backup of the clean sys, right?

Last edited by CatTheDestroyer, Sep 15, 2019
    NoNAND likes this.
  6. A3660537JPN

A3660537JPN Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2017
    Japan
    It does not respond either on OFW or on Atmosphere?if so,restore rawnand,boot0,boot1.

7. Yung_Shyne

Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    Okay I got it to power up by injecting payload. So now I'm back to getting an error trying to boot up atmostphere. It worked a few times for me. I have no idea why its doing this. Should i system update even tho i have to connect to wifi on my vanilla vers? please help ): i dont kno wwhy this is happening

8. A3660537JPN

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2017
    Japan
    Restore rawnand,boot0,boot1 or do system update.if you do not want to burn any fuses,after installing autorcm,do system update on the Atmosphere 0.9.4 on sysnand. Do not worry,You will not get banned unless you have installed any nsp to sysnand.

NoNAND likes this.
  9. Spinsz

Spinsz Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2019
    United States
    Could anyone help me with this error while attempting to install any NSP file? I'm on 9.0, updated atmosphere and all homebrew. Installed patches and still can't install any NSP.

Attached Files:

10. Yung_Shyne

Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    I followed the directions that link gave which was disconnect controllers and system update.
    I still cant get into atmosphere.
    How do i restore ranand, boot0, boot1. I never installed autorcm. I dont know what a fuse is. Is emummc the problem?

should i just use sysnand?
    edit: I just tried the FSS0 SYS and got the same result. I guess sysnand means the vanilla version without hekate or CFW

Last edited by Yung_Shyne, Sep 15, 2019
  11. A3660537JPN

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2017
    Japan
    First,I want to confirm ,which does the error happen,on sysnand or on emunand?

12. Gh0sti

Gh0sti iOS Guru

Aug 19, 2009
    United States
    Inside you, all around you
    how do I go about running SXOS emunand and atmosphere emunand?

13. A3660537JPN

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2017
    Japan
    https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/nandrestore/

Last edited by A3660537JPN, Sep 15, 2019
  14. Yung_Shyne

Sep 14, 2019
    United States
    I dont read about those things yesterday but I forgot already. It happens when I am on hekate and launch FSSO Emummc and FSSO SYS. Hope that answers. I think Emu uses sd card while SYS uses system memory? Anyway, yeah

15. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Oh, I thought hekate load fusee secondary and fusee secondary uses the nogc patch.

Draxzelex likes this.
  16. evans05

evans05 GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2013
    ok o im trying to do my first cfw, im on system 9.0.0, iv downloaded atlas nx kosmo, iv got the sig patches, iv back up the nands, but when i go to launch sys cfw i get the splash screens but then it goes blacnk, booting into stock firmware is fine, im loosing my marble trying to figure this out

17. A3660537JPN

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2017
    Japan
    T
    Try using https://github.com/mtheall/ftpd/releases instead of FSS0.

yes,emu uses sdcard and sys uses system memory.

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    29 GiB sounds like the partition for emuMMC since that is around the minimum size you need to boot up emuMMC. Anyway, as long as one the formatted partitions is that size, the size of the other partition does not really matter.

I believe this is the best tutorial for that

Is your SD card formatted as FAT32?

19. evans05

evans05 GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2013
    no draxzelex its formatted in exfat

20. CatTheDestroyer

CatTheDestroyer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2019
    Italy
    Aaah, i see! So the clean sys is on the internal memory of the system?
    So the 29gb partition need to be Fat, while the bigger one can be exFat?

Another question, when Hekate does its backup, you need to keep it on the sd or can it be stored on your computer?

Cheers!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted