SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Firmwares 7.0 and higher require an encrypted payload called sept in order to boot CFW. This makes booting CFW a little more complicated which might explain why its not working. I've personally never tried booting fusee_primary through Hekate (not that I see the need to when I can just launch Atmosphere directly via Hekate) but the solution I see is to simply send fusee_primary.bin as the initial payload instead of Hekate.

2. TyrantZero

TyrantZero Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2017
    Ireland
    I tried to inject the fusee_primary.bin as the initial payload and atmosphere is still crashing? Do I need a new fusee_primary.bin file because I updated or something like that. It's been awhile since I've messed around with my switch so I'm kind of forgetting things :unsure:

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I am pretty sure both fusee_primary and fusee_secondary need to be updated mostly due to the changes sept introduced.

4. Bobbybumhead

Bobbybumhead Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hi I have another question about using multiple SD cards with sxos. I think I've figured out I can simply copy over the sxos boot files to a fresh SD card and then create an emunand as I did with my first SD card. Does anyone know if I can install different firmware to each SD card. E.g. can I continue to run 6.2 on my old SD card and update the new SD card to 7.01 and just switch between both SD cards?

5. TyrantZero

TyrantZero Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2017
    Ireland
    Sorry, but do you know how would I go about updating them?

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Yes, you can have EmuNAND on multiple SD cards running different firmware versions.

Wipe your SD card except for your Nintendo and Switch folders. If you have mods or themes, back those up too. Then put the new files on your SD card.

Bobbybumhead likes this.
  7. Bobbybumhead

Bobbybumhead Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the help

8. Looking123

Looking123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2018
    Australia
    I have a couple of game carts i'd like to convert and install onto my switch. Do i need to do anything special to ensure my save games are still available beyond using checkpoint to backup my saves?

9. TyrantZero

TyrantZero Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2017
    Ireland
    Thanks, I managed to get into Atmosphere.

Does anyone know if there's a problem launching NSP's from atmosphere on the latest switch firmware? I'm getting a message saying 'checking whether this game can be played' and it then prompts me to connect to the internet.

10. ShanaZ

ShanaZ Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2019
    Dominican Republic
    Quick question here. How do I install games larger than 4gb? I'm using Atmosphere and everytime I tried to transfer them using nxmtp, the transfer stops and the games only shows like 4.99GB. If try to use the sd card in the pc then I get error D:

11. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ リザードン

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    No, saves still works. Use Checkpoint for backups.

You use FAT32? Try to split them: https://github.com/AnalogMan151/splitNSP/releases. FAT32 doesn’t allow files bigger than 4GB.

12. nswuser007

nswuser007 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    my switch died again , 3rd or 4th time now at least this taken place but this time im not able yet to get it on, left it charging on "charger" for 3 hours watching end game earlier :)

but no luck i have since got the usb to usb c nintendo cable plugged that into wall sub and put it into the switch held power down for 30 seconds and going to wait overnight i suppose.

anyone got a better suggestion?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i was running sx os on latest 7.x

i actually got it to bring up the xecuter boot menu holding down etc and then when i hit cfw it had not enogh battery the next time i plugged it in and or tried this etc prior to me leaving it like i mentioned it is now. it barely showed the screen and powered off just seems really dead and it seems like its hard to determine when its actaully in a state where it can accept a charge or not holding this button down is what it seems since it happens so rarely its hard to say :(

13. drag0n77

drag0n77 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2019
    Canada
    Have a SX OS on 2.6.1 firmware 7.0.1 emunand. I keep getting error messages when installing NSP from USB. Any common fixes?

14. SwTan

SwTan Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2019
    United States
    Hi there, 2 questions.

- If I get my switch banned (not yet luckily) can I still updating the console? (I mean officially, not with rabbit)

- If I upgrade only emunand to 8.0 and hold sysnand to 7.0.1. If I boot OFW from any reason, will I get any problem? or sysnand just still running work version fine?

Thanks in advance.

15. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States

16. SwTan

SwTan Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2019
    United States
    @Hayato213 The NAND is separated, currently SX OS doesn't support 8.0.0, you just gonna get a black screen. Sysnand would just be fine.

Yeah, I mean when they update (if they do) the SX FW. So If I only update emunand, sysnand will be fine at a lower version?

17. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Yea it is separated when Emunand is first created.

SwTan likes this.
  18. nswuser007

nswuser007 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    so in lamens terms if you set up an emunand you can put that online and if you get banned you are still okay with updating the SYSNAND via nintendo udate servers to get the current OFW on your console :D

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

turns out that my issue with my "dead switch" was actually the DONGLE being too low - LOL not the switch i simply had to charge that thing for 10 secondsa nd my problems were gone. amazing! yessssssss

19. ThaDraGun

ThaDraGun GBAtemp Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    I ordered an XKIT RCM Loader and should be getting it on Monday. So Im trying to figure out whats the best way to set everything up and which cfw I should use.
    I know that it comes with built in Atmosphere, ReiNX and SXOS payload files (of course will need to be updated)

I'm kind of interested in the SXOS. I like the fact that you can play games off of a USB drive. My micoSD card is only 32GB so a bigger HD would probably be better so I didnt have to keep moving games on and off the sd card.

Is there any other CFW other then SXOS that can play off USB drive? I like that feature but don't really want to spend another $40 on the SXOS OS licence.

20. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ リザードン

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Only SX OS supports usb for now but Atmosphere is working on it.

ThaDraGun likes this.