SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. zerohealinzz

zerohealinzz GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2018
    Netherlands
    Simple question (i hope :P): Can the Nintendo switch adjustable charging stand also be used for data/usb installation?

would be nice to have it docked next to the pc in that way!

2. asdatoan

asdatoan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    Australia
    Hey guys - just wondering what the current situation for ipatch switches at the moment, can it be modded yet? any work around?

ZanderX420 likes this.
  3. hoonerbadger

hoonerbadger Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2019
    United Kingdom
    hi.. I have 8.0.1 and the latest ReiNX. I also have most recent es/fs sigpatches from this forum yet my games still will not run.

Do I need sigpatches for 8.0.1 specifically?

help!

Cheers

Last edited by hoonerbadger, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Bobbybumhead

Bobbybumhead Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I'm using sx os with emunand with auto rcm not enabled. Both the system nand and emunand are 6.2. I would like to update my emunand to whatever firmware allows me to play new releases (7.1? 8.01? 8.02?).

So, I should download the new sx os beta cfw and copy to my memory card and then either 1) update firmware via ChoiDujourNX or 2) update via the Nintendo servers (burning fuses). Is this correct?

My next problem is that I have a new sd card. I would like to have a bunch of games on each memory card and switch em out as needed. How does this work with the emunand? Would it be as simple as copying over the boot1 file from my original memory card to the new one or is it a bit more complicated than this? Thanks in advance for any help

5. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Not yet. Don’t update to 8.0.0 if you ever want to run CFW on your patched switch.

Someone had the same problem. He switch to atmosphere and it works fine.

Download the last supported firmware (7.0.1) for SX OS. Update with ChoiDujourNX offline.

6. Bobbybumhead

Bobbybumhead Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Ok, what about the memory cards. Can I just copy the sxos files over along with some games and expect it to work like that. I expected the emunand partition to cause problems. Thanks

7. hoonerbadger

hoonerbadger Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Thanks...tried that and i can load the games...thanks! I Guess its normal to not be able to launch purchased games in stock firmware anymore, only in CFW?

Last edited by hoonerbadger, Apr 25, 2019
  8. ZanderX420

ZanderX420 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2018
    United States
    i was wondering about the same thing.

9. drag0n77

drag0n77 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2019
    Canada
    How do I transfer save files between firmwares? currently using SX OS

EG. I bought overcooked on the eshop on my OFW, but want to continue the save file on CFW. How do I extract and transfer the save file?

Also is there a way to delete (and add via usb) xci/nsp files off of the SD card without removing it.

Thanks

Last edited by drag0n77, Apr 25, 2019
  10. Krayziezay13

Krayziezay13 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    So im running 7.01 on my switch with atmos 0.8.7 and when using tinfoil 1.55 and when I run nut and plug in my switch it says fail to send usb packet any idea on how to fix that

11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    June 15th.

Have the same Nintendo Account linked on both consoles and either use the Cloud saving feature or the local save transfer feature.

I don't know of any Tinfoil build past 0.2.1. If by off-chance you are using DZ which is a tool made by blawar/vertigo, then you should use a better title installer, one that the community actually supports such as Tinfoil by Adubbz or Goldleaf (or DevMenu if you don't mind dumpster diving for a .NSP or LayeredFS version of it).

12. drag0n77

drag0n77 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2019
    Canada
    Sorry, maybe I was unclear. I want to do this on the same switch. Transfering a save files from OFW to my emunand without connected to nintendo online.

Also is there a way to delete (and add via usb) xci/nsp files off of the SD card without removing it.[/QUOTE]

13. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Ok its lithium v1.55 from this site right here
    http://tinfoil.io/

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Don't think that's possible since we have no way of injecting stuff into EmuNAND. And now that I know you are using EmuNAND, going online is not an option. The only solution is to make a new EmuNAND partition because EmuNAND is just a copy of SysNAND which means it will just copy your progress from SysNAND. You can also just delete any files with NX-Shell, it is a file manager homebrew application.

My previous response still stands no matter if you were using DZ or Lithium.

15. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Ok ill look for the one you were talking about

16. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Ok ill look for the one you were talking about

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Dev menu lets you install via usb because I already have dev menu and gold-leaf I know once when I tried to install a nsp via gold-leaf I received and error once I tried to run the game and it told me to reboot the system but Ill try it again

17. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    DevMenu lets you install via USB? Nevermind that. I personally don't really recommend Goldleaf has it has been too buggy for many people as you can see. Tinfoil by Adubbz has never failed me once and is the one I actively recommend.

18. Krayziezay13

Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Ok just downloaded the file now and will install it

19. TyrantZero

TyrantZero Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2017
    Ireland
    Hi.
    I recently just updated to the latest stock firmware (8.0.1, starting to wonder if that was a huge mistake...) I'm injecting hekate ctcaer 4.10.1 and trying to load the most recent version of atmosphere 0.8.8. It goes into 'Sept' and quickly returns me back to the hekate main menu. When I try to load cfw again it states 'no mandatory secmon or warmboot provided, failed to launch cfw'.

I'm quite the noob when it comes to this switch stuff, although I read that you could launch the latest version of atmosphere on the latest switch firmware. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Have I screwed up my chances of using cfw now? Any help would be appreciated.

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Are you using Kosmos or did you simply download Hekate and Atmospehre separately? If its the former, wipe your SD card and start over. If its the latter, you don't launch stock Atmosphere via Hekate, you do it through Fusee more specifically fusee_primary.bin

21. TyrantZero

TyrantZero Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2017
    Ireland
    I downloaded them separately. Sorry, quite the noob here. I know I can launch the fusee_primary.bin in hekate. Is there another way I should be doing it? I was launching into atmosphere just fine through hekate for a long time when I was on 6.x switch firmware.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sorry, forgot to quote you in the above message. Also, when I launch the fusee_primary.bin from hekate, atmosphere tries to launch, then after the nintendo logo I get 'an error has occurred' screen.