SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

epickid37 Nov 1, 2017.

1. werneck14

werneck14 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2017
    Brazil
    Yeah, you can remove it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You could update the game using an "nsp" while offline with Goldleaf (tinfoil) if that helps. I also found this https://gbatemp.net/threads/play-ns...e-reinx-hactool-tinfoil-extracted-nsp.512921/

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Follow this guide to remove the update nag, assuming you're talking about a system update. It's also recommend that you do something to block updates from automatically downloading, like disconnecting from the internet or using a DNS.

If you're talking about the requirement for a game update, you need to either install the update (using the internet or installing the NSP) or use DevMenu to reset the game version requirement.

Last edited by Lacius, Feb 10, 2019
    JustKasto and NFates like this.
  3. p3el05

p3el05 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2019
    Tokelau
    Can you run goldleaf within SX OS? When launching the .nro file from within the homebrew menu it crashes my Switch every time..

4. werneck14

Jan 19, 2017
    Brazil
    Edit2: Everytime I install a DLC or UPD nsp, ReiNX or Atmosphere crashes and i need to poweroff the switch. Although the DLC or UPD is applied after reboot this is very annoying.

5. Horacegoespeeing

Horacegoespeeing Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hi

I bought a sx os pro dongle set up and all I'm getting is the red screen with logo for a second and then it goes black. I have put the boot.dat file on the root of two different memory cards formatted in fat 32. Both ending with the same result. I have a 3.00 firmware switch. I have been on this for hours now and I'm about to admit defeat and give in. Any advice would be great for this old guy.

Edit..

I have got into the menu now after formatting it with exfat. Hopefully no more problems. Still to figure out where license file is!

Last edited by Horacegoespeeing, Feb 10, 2019
  6. werneck14

Jan 19, 2017
    Brazil
    How to show all my games library when using some custom themes? When using some themes just 5-6 games are shown on home screen and there isn't and option to show the others.

7. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    you need to have 10-12 games for it to appear

8. werneck14

Jan 19, 2017
    Brazil
    But i have like 7-8 games and only 5 are shown, there is no way to show the other 2-3 games having less than 10-12 games?

9. Adran_Marit

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    nope, you need that minimum at all times to show all games. I know, it sucks

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

what I normally did was install a few small apps such as youtube, devmenu, goldleaf and a burner game or two so I could have all my games show

werneck14 likes this.
  10. werneck14

Jan 19, 2017
    Brazil
    haha ok, that's weird. I think I'll just stick with stock home menu until I put more games.

11. EnSAn

EnSAn Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2018
    United States
    Question. How do you know what is the correct order to install Updates and DLC. If there are multiple updates do you need to update them in lowest version to highest or just the latest? Does DLC overwrite the update if the versions or incorrect?

Example. BASE GAME 1.0 , then DLC came out followed by the Update. If you installed the Update then the DLC would that overwrite that update?

THANKS!

12. Adran_Marit

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    This is quite simple. Game, update and DLC can be installed in any order, as for updates, you only need the latest update version :)

EnSAn likes this.
  13. erk

erk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    United States
    Giving botw another go. Obtained 2 nsps for UPD 1.5 and DLC and installed to SD card with SX OS installer (the regular installer in the album). I'm using the actual game cart and still have the 1.5 update installed in system storage from before I added CFW.

DLC is not showing up- do I need to delete the legit update from system storage so the system recognizes the UPD nsp I installed with the DLC nsp (i.e. do these 2 nsps work together?)

Or do I need to grab an XCI/NSP of the game itself? This my first time even trying a cart while running CFW..

14. Adran_Marit

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Are you using emunand? make sure you install to that

updates and DLC should be applied no matter what format you run the game in

15. erk

erk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    United States
    No not using emunand.. that's what I need to do in SX OS?

16. Adran_Marit

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    It should be fine, try with the update nsp you got

17. erk

erk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    United States
    Yea they didn't work- what does emunand have to do with anything?

18. Adran_Marit

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    I haven't played much with sxos but wasn't sure if games installed into emunand would detect games installed elsewhere

19. erk

erk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    United States
    No disrespect but if you don't know the CFW why reply to my issue?

20. Adran_Marit

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    I have it, I haven't used it much compared to reinx and atmosphere though.

I won't pretend to understand how SXOS rom menu does things, but if they doesn't work try reinstalling the updates through goldleaf or tinfoil

Last edited by Adran_Marit, Feb 11, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted