Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Ryan1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok so some time ago I made a backup of my switch Nand using the following guide

https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

i succesfully made the backup and transferred it to my pc. Now I want to restore my Nand to update to 6.2 via wifi but got a problem.

in the guide it says the following:
It has come to my attention that some windows 10 operating systems with
builds 1507/1511/1607 will suffer a issue were when your transferring nand or switch system files from pc to say sd card or switch Will not copy Archive bits correctly which is needed for the switch to operate correctly,or restore of nand to work ..Our member here @Draxzelex Was nice to point this out so i thought i would add it to the guide before transferring your files, he recommends using a third party Application Called Total commanderTo transfer the backups to sd or when your moving the backup folders on pc, If your on one of those affected versions of windows 10

To check your windows 10 version
Goto windows search by clicking the windows key (start)
and type.... about your pc in your search bar, select about your pc in the search results and on the right hand side scroll down to Windows specifactions there you will see your build version if you are above build 1607 then ignore the information in blue.
If you are not above version 1607 then either please use windows update to update your build or use total commander to move your backups around your pc or to sd

Or to play it safe you could try a method of Using a compression program zip rar program like winrar to archive or compress the backup folder on your sd before you even think about transferring to pc,, and when you go to move backup back to sd card transfer your zip or rar to sd then extract it from there (Not tested )

Now when I made the backup some time ago I skipped this part (I know dumb of me) and when I look at my windows pc it says the build is 1607. Which is the build that seems to not transfer bits correctly. And of course since I made the clean backup some time ago I don't have it on my sd card anymore.
Can I still use the clean backup I made and transferred on my windows pc build 1607 or am I out of luck??
i don't really know what to do here.

Sabregod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm planning to set up EmuNAND into the internal memory of Switch because I've seen other posts that setting it up on the SD card is much slower. Are there any disadvantages assuming I'm never going to go online? Will it affect SysNAND in anyway?

Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so some time ago I made a backup of my switch Nand using the following guide

https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

i succesfully made the backup and transferred it to my pc. Now I want to restore my Nand to update to 6.2 via wifi but got a problem.

in the guide it says the following:
It has come to my attention that some windows 10 operating systems with
builds 1507/1511/1607 will suffer a issue were when your transferring nand or switch system files from pc to say sd card or switch Will not copy Archive bits correctly which is needed for the switch to operate correctly,or restore of nand to work ..Our member here @Draxzelex Was nice to point this out so i thought i would add it to the guide before transferring your files, he recommends using a third party Application Called Total commanderTo transfer the backups to sd or when your moving the backup folders on pc, If your on one of those affected versions of windows 10

To check your windows 10 version
Goto windows search by clicking the windows key (start)
and type....
about your pc in your search bar, select about your pc in the search results and on the right hand side scroll down to Windows specifactions there you will see your build version if you are above build 1607 then ignore the information in blue.
If you are not above version 1607 then either please use windows update to update your build or use total commander to move your backups around your pc or to sd

Or to play it safe you could try a method of Using a compression program zip rar program like winrar to archive or compress the backup folder on your sd before you even think about transferring to pc,, and when you go to move backup back to sd card transfer your zip or rar to sd then extract it from there (Not tested )

Now when I made the backup some time ago I skipped this part (I know dumb of me) and when I look at my windows pc it says the build is 1607. Which is the build that seems to not transfer bits correctly. And of course since I made the clean backup some time ago I don't have it on my sd card anymore.
Can I still use the clean backup I made and transferred on my windows pc build 1607 or am I out of luck??
i don't really know what to do here.
The archive bit only matters when you transfer from your Windows 10 computer to the Switch, not the other way around. You just have to use a program such as Total Commander to transfer the NAND from your computer to the Switch instead of Windows explorer.
I'm planning to set up EmuNAND into the internal memory of Switch because I've seen other posts that setting it up on the SD card is much slower. Are there any disadvantages assuming I'm never going to go online? Will it affect SysNAND in anyway?

Thanks
Nope, it just means some of your internal storage is going to be used for storing EmuNAND which if you buy games digitally on SysNAND will cause you to deal with using less space than usual.

Reactions: Sabregod

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any chance someone could let me know how to install a Smash Bros mod that allows for extra levels to be played?
I noticed the file is .prc and I am not sure how to enable it etc.....thank you very much for any help to anyone who may know!

Unrealjuanka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everybody from Spain, I would like to install Emunand and SysNand in my console, updating both to 6.2, because I do not find any reason to be in a old firmware when I paid for Team Xecuter. :)
The issues are several:
1. What is the best way to format and thus leave no trace of my history. On the other hand I just play XCI copies and at the beginning something of Layerded FS. I had never install NSP.
2. Do I need to make copies of the NAND before updating? Is it good for something?
3. Is it necessary to update without burning efuses? Is it good for something?
P.S.: I am currently in 5.1 and I have never connected to the internet since I have SX OS
P.S.: It's mostly to play original games online (Fortnite, Splatoon, ...) over SYSNAND and copies of XCI over EMUNAND

Thank you.

RomanC

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi everyone, recently i succesfully hacked my switch and managed to download and play octopath traveller without issues, the thing is if I turn off my console and turn it back on I won't be able to play the game or see all the files like tinfoil, etc in the album. So what I did was to put it into RCM mode again and inject the payload once more and then I would be able to play again and see the files. Is this normal? What could I have possibly done wrong? Should I try a clean install of everything on my SD card?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad English :)

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
+Draxzelex

Thank you. Now I can play in de-DE. Ha ha ha.

Does 4NXCI also work with NS-Atmosphere or just ReiNX? Because XCI2NSP has a terrible GUI...

(update)

4NXCI does indeed work on NSA. If are on 6.2.0 extracted prod.keys from Lockpick becomes your
keys.txt + keys.dat + keys.ini (They are the same file, do not understand why. :|)

Can I inject ReiNX payload by itself on my Switch without Hekate now that I made a backup of everything I needed?
(Still need answering this one ^)

How can I delete an update file on my Switch that was meant for the same game but different version. Have not
encountered this yet. But, it is certainly possible. And I do not want dead space on my SD card...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

+RomanC

Che Boludo. I think that is normal behaviour. You need to inject payload everytime you power-off or after battery discharges...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

+RomanC

Nevermind. I just tried on my Switch. Games should appear but they cannot be played because it has no license.
Must inject payload to play your games every time.

Last edited by WRO,
Reactions: RomanC

Xana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, recently i succesfully hacked my switch and managed to download and play octopath traveller without issues, the thing is if I turn off my console and turn it back on I won't be able to play the game or see all the files like tinfoil, etc in the album. So what I did was to put it into RCM mode again and inject the payload once more and then I would be able to play again and see the files. Is this normal? What could I have possibly done wrong? Should I try a clean install of everything on my SD card?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad English :)

yes, that's normal, CFW is temporary

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
How do I use 4NXCI? I can not get it to work.

(update)

Working now. Read post above if also struggling.

Last edited by WRO,

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
I don't see why not as doom and quake and stuff have been ported to it

Those game are very old games from the DOS era. Even if the port is inefficient the Switch will handle with no problems
as it several times faster. In order to port a mobile game to Switch you need Nintendo's proprietary Linux additions. Which
I think can be found in the Switch's SDK. Gear Club Racing Unlimited 2 for Switch is a good example of a mobile port.

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Crap. Did I brick my Switch. I entered RCM ran Hekate without SD card, forgot it was in PC. Trying to launch CFW launched original FW instead, then forgot to remove jig.

Can not turn on now...

S.O.S. Somebody help...

(update)

Fixed. Reset console. Press-hold Power for 15 long seconds. Then wait and press power again.

Last edited by WRO,

darkpleco416

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my switch is hacked and on 6.2. When i try to connect locally it says i need to connect a nintendo account. Will i get banned if i connect to wifi and link my account? I've never connect to the wifi on my switch before.

Reactions: WRO

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
my switch is hacked and on 6.2. When i try to connect locally it says i need to connect a nintendo account. Will i get banned if i connect to wifi and link my account? I've never connect to the wifi on my switch before.

I would not risk it. Block Nintendo's servers with DNS. And use Local LAN to play online, there is no reason to link your account.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/90dns-dns-server-for-blocking-all-nintendo-servers.516234/

http://www.lan-play.com/download
https://github.com/takashi1kun/lan-play-GUI/releases/tag/v0.0.1

Tutorial Video:

Last edited by WRO,
Reactions: darkpleco416

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
will be in the near future a cfw,hombrew,app etc. for avoiding bans. i wanna have "JUST" homebrew in my switch but i just keep worrying everytime about bans

There already exists such solution. But, it will cost you. SX OS supports emuNAND. I do not see why, you need the standard online functionality
though. The only reason that comes to mind is Smash, but Nintendo Online has terrible servers. Better served by Local Multiplayer and Local
LAN for other games such as Mario Kart. I think CFW is completely safe as long as backup all the required files (rawnand, boot0, boot1, keys, etc.).

Also why so much fright. What does Nintendo Online offer that you can not get from homebrew?

Online Saves?
Checkpoint + ( Mega / Dropbox / GDrive )

NES Classics?
Retroarch + NES Core + ROMs you dumped from your carts with GameBank

Online Servers?
Local LAN GUI

Game Updates?
Third-Party NSPs

There is nothing to lose, because Nintendo Online is terrible.

Last edited by WRO,
Reactions: Charli

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
will be in the near future a cfw,hombrew,app etc. for avoiding bans. i wanna have "JUST" homebrew in my switch but i just keep worrying everytime about bans
There already exists such solution. But, it will cost you. SX OS supports emuNAND. I do not see why, you need the standard online functionality
though. The only reason that comes to mind is Smash, but Nintendo Online has terrible servers. Better served by Local Multiplayer and Local
LAN for other games such as Mario Kart. I think CFW is completely safe as long as backup all the required files (rawnand, boot0, boot1, keys, etc.).

To add on that, making a clean nand backup before cfw is best way to avoid ban.

1) Follow this guide to backup everything (keys, nand, boot0/1 etc)
2) Use 90DNS to block telemetry to Nintendo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!