SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    In my opinion, they're all equally easy so its more of a matter of preference when it comes to CFW.
    ReiNX: https://reinx.guide/
    Atmosphere: https://guide.sdsetup.com/#/
    ChoiDujour, ChoiDujourNX, or updating officially.
    Yes, you install all .NSP files with Tinfoil.

Fuses primarily prevent downgrading. The console's bootloader checks the fuse count with the current firmware; if there are more fuses burnt than the firmware, it refuses to turn on the console. You can check for a full list here.

2. HoTsHoTz79

HoTsHoTz79 GBAtemp Regular

May 9, 2018
    Canada
    Weird thing happened today, which im unsure why it happened in the first place.

I was playing Dark Souls Re last night; put it on charge... took out wire @ 95~% battery.. went to sleep

this morning i woke up, pressed only the Home button ... saw the battery was like 92% something... left it as is

Put it in my laptop bag > Drove to work > pressed Home / Power button, and its not waking up

Since i'm at work still and use Windows to push payload, im not sure what happened or if its in RCM mode.

Anyone ever experience that? automatically shutdown even @ almost full battery?
    (i know when i placed the switch in my bag, the power button was facing up, so it couldn't have accidentally shutdown)

---------- EDIT

So it did somehow shutdown ... i held power for 10-15 seconds... connected to windows and it allowed me to push payload
    Got into Horizon and battery was 60%... so i dont know how it even shutdown... first time it happened

TL;DR all good now

Last edited by HoTsHoTz79, Nov 15, 2018
  3. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Try holding down the power button for 15 seconds then let go then hold it for 2-3 seconds. You'll be back on OFW and have to get back to RCM.

Last edited by NoSoul81, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Eleczoro

Eleczoro Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2017
    United States
    Super newbie who has never hacked a switch before. I intend to buy a switch from GameStop tomorrow in order to save a hackable one before Black Friday.
    Should I go for new or used ones and how likely is it I'd find a good one?

5. ArviDroid

ArviDroid Infamous GBATemper

Mar 26, 2016
    Sweden
    Hello. My Switch was updated through stock, from 4.1.0 to 5.1.0, and I have a backup of 4.1.0. There´s no way for me to downgrade to 4.1.0 and be able to use a potential warmboot exploit on that fw, right? Thanks in advance.

6. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2016
    United States
    There's new switches out there that have been patched thus unhackable. It's by serial number. This thread will tell you which ones can/can't.

https://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/154355-GUIDE-How-to-know-if-a-Switch-is-currently-unhackable-(August-2018)

That doesn't automatically mean just buying used will = hackable. But buying new probably means unhackable. It's kinda tricky. I got mine at a pawn shop yesterday and looked at the serial number before I purchased it, I was given no crap for asking. But Gamestop has a lot of douchebags that might straight up ask you why you're asking. If it ends up being unhackable you can probably exchange it though and say it was defective.

Last edited by NoSoul81, Nov 14, 2018
    Eleczoro likes this.
  7. Dominator211

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    Upstate, New York
    nobody seemed to answer my question about the NES online thing.

8. Eleczoro

Eleczoro Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2017
    United States
    Thanks. Should I get a jig or should I use tinfoil? what are the benefits of a jig?

9. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Get a jig off Ebay they're like $2. I just got my Switch yesterday and I'm using tinfoil but I got a jig coming. I read about the possibility of the tinfoil ruining your Switch and/or joycon, not worth it for $2.

10. Eleczoro

Eleczoro Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2017
    United States
    Which one do you recommend?

11. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2016
    United States
    I'm not the expert because again I haven't even gotten mine in yet but this is the one I bought https://www.ebay.com/itm/Precision-...h=item3d791a636e:g:NuoAAOSwSYdbznWl:rk:3:pf:0

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Have another ? myself is it normal that you have to detach your joycons from the main screen to play backups? I was wondering if that was normal or that was because I was using tinfoil.

Eleczoro likes this.
  12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Nope

ArviDroid likes this.
  13. RunFwrd

RunFwrd Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2017
    United States
    hello community !
    as soon as the n64 and ps1 and ps2 emulators come out for switch is when ill be jailbreaking.
    tell me, what is nice about jailbreaking a switch right now ?? just to be clear?
    besides the obvious im sure NES or SNES emulators, what good ones do you think we will see in near future ?? perhaps dreamcast??
    i also have seen it emulates gamecube very well so im sure it has some power.

Last edited by RunFwrd, Nov 15, 2018
  14. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2016
    United States
    There's zero reason to believe PS2/Dreamcast will be emulated on Switch, none. If they are, it will have like 5% compatibility or less. If those are so important to you you could buy each system for cheap, or emulate on PC. If those are the only reason you want a Switch, maybe you don't need one at all. You could get a PC pad for about the price of the Switch or sometimes less that could emulate PS2/Dreamcast much better right now.

Last edited by NoSoul81, Nov 15, 2018
  15. RunFwrd

RunFwrd Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2017
    United States
    that is not the only reason i want to own a switch. i have owned my switch since it came out.
    im saying that is why i would want to jailbreak my switch
    a dreamcast emulator was absolutely sought for the wiiu
    so i wish that the switch would eventually get to that point because so many people said that wiiu could never do half of what it does now.
    im just a fan of having my games on my nintendo console personally but the PC pad is a cool idea that i will keep in mind. thanks for your response.

16. Lidorsho

Lidorsho Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    Hi.
    I installed nsp and the game wants me to update the fw.
    I'm on 5.1.0, as far as I know , there is no game out there that requires fw 6.
    What should I do?
    Thx.

17. nswuser007

nswuser007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    United States
    update to 6.1 why not?

18. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I have no fucking idea.
    Ill definitely take a look! Thats all I needed for my Switch, but I bought my brother a Switch for Christmas yesterday, and I want to be able to load backups and stuff because hes young and cant afford games. I assume that part is covered in the guide?
    Buying SXOS isnt an issue for me, its quite cheap.

19. Palion

Palion Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    Belgium
    Sooo , I succesfully inject the payload on my switch but when I restart my switch nothing as changed and the homebrew launcher doesn't work when I go to the album

Any ideas? the part with the 10th pin was so difficult I hope I won't have to do it again :(

EDIT : I went to the discord of ReinX guide and they were really nice to me and help me a lot , my Nintendo switch is functionnal now ! I just have to find some good homebrews so if you guys, have any ideas feel free to tell me :) !

Last edited by Palion, Nov 15, 2018
  20. ConraDargo

ConraDargo Flashback Fanatic

Dec 29, 2003
    Sweden
    Currently backing up my Switch’s NAND using Hekate and, well, it’s been 7 hours now and counting... X’D So, how normal is this, because I’ve read that it would only take 1-2 hours?

It’s currently at rawnand.bin.05 and still writing ^^