Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you cannot hence why I recommended setting up EmuNAND before restoring your clean NAND.
I'm just guessing here but wouldn't restoring your sysnand, after setting up emunand, wipe out your emunand since with SX OS the emunand is contained within the sysnand? So if your backup is 32gb and you have since installed emunand, which takes up about 16gb within your sysnand, that would only leave ~16gb left in your sysnand. So then if you do a backup of your original 32gb NAND, it would overwrite everything, including your emunand. Right?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just guessing here but wouldn't restoring your sysnand, after setting up emunand, wipe out your emunand since with SX OS the emunand is contained within the sysnand? So if your backup is 32gb and you have since installed emunand, which takes up about 16gb within your sysnand, that would only leave ~16gb left in your sysnand. So then if you do a backup of your original 32gb NAND, it would overwrite everything, including your emunand. Right?
Shit you're right. Hmm, maybe backup the EmuNAND partition in SYS as well as boot1 after setting up EmuNAND then restore the clean NAND to SysNAND?

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I probably asked this before but i can't find it anymore.

If i have a full nand backup (in parts) + boot 0/1 + cal0 from 5.1 and i need to restore it for whatever reason on later firmware (6.0 >) will this still work? (non burned fuses since 5.1). Or do i have to make a full nand backup once again on 6.0 > ?

Palion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So I checked my serial number and it appears that it's okay. But I've another question which is the easiest CFW to install and does it allow to play some games ? :) @Draxzelex

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably asked this before but i can't find it anymore.

If i have a full nand backup (in parts) + boot 0/1 + cal0 from 5.1 and i need to restore it for whatever reason on later firmware (6.0 >) will this still work? (non burned fuses since 5.1). Or do i have to make a full nand backup once again on 6.0 > ?
Your 5.1 NAND will work fine as long as no fuses have been burned since.

Reactions: zerohealinzz

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I just install an eshop game (from the internet, not eshop) via tinfoil same as other games?

Also what's this about burnt fuses? I updated to 6.1 yesterday. (just bought the Switch yesterday)

Last edited by ,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I checked my serial number and it appears that it's okay. But I've another question which is the easiest CFW to install and does it allow to play some games ? :) @Draxzelex
In my opinion, they're all equally easy so its more of a matter of preference when it comes to CFW.
ReiNX: https://reinx.guide/
Atmosphere: https://guide.sdsetup.com/#/
how to get from 5.1 sx os 1.9 to 6.1 sx os 2.1.1 the best way ? should I setup Emunand ?
ChoiDujour, ChoiDujourNX, or updating officially.
Do I just install an eshop game (from the internet, not eshop) via tinfoil same as other games?

Also what's this about burnt fuses? I updated to 6.1 yesterday. (just bought the Switch yesterday)
Yes, you install all .NSP files with Tinfoil.

Fuses primarily prevent downgrading. The console's bootloader checks the fuse count with the current firmware; if there are more fuses burnt than the firmware, it refuses to turn on the console. You can check for a full list here.

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Weird thing happened today, which im unsure why it happened in the first place.

I was playing Dark Souls Re last night; put it on charge... took out wire @ 95~% battery.. went to sleep

this morning i woke up, pressed only the Home button ... saw the battery was like 92% something... left it as is

Put it in my laptop bag > Drove to work > pressed Home / Power button, and its not waking up

Since i'm at work still and use Windows to push payload, im not sure what happened or if its in RCM mode.

Anyone ever experience that? automatically shutdown even @ almost full battery?
(i know when i placed the switch in my bag, the power button was facing up, so it couldn't have accidentally shutdown)

---------- EDIT

So it did somehow shutdown ... i held power for 10-15 seconds... connected to windows and it allowed me to push payload
Got into Horizon and battery was 60%... so i dont know how it even shutdown... first time it happened

TL;DR all good now

Last edited by HoTsHoTz79,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try holding down the power button for 15 seconds then let go then hold it for 2-3 seconds. You'll be back on OFW and have to get back to RCM.

Last edited by ,

Eleczoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super newbie who has never hacked a switch before. I intend to buy a switch from GameStop tomorrow in order to save a hackable one before Black Friday.
Should I go for new or used ones and how likely is it I'd find a good one?

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello. My Switch was updated through stock, from 4.1.0 to 5.1.0, and I have a backup of 4.1.0. There´s no way for me to downgrade to 4.1.0 and be able to use a potential warmboot exploit on that fw, right? Thanks in advance.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super newbie who has never hacked a switch before. I intend to buy a switch from GameStop tomorrow in order to save a hackable one before Black Friday.
Should I go for new or used ones and how likely is it I'd find a good one?

There's new switches out there that have been patched thus unhackable. It's by serial number. This thread will tell you which ones can/can't.

https://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/154355-GUIDE-How-to-know-if-a-Switch-is-currently-unhackable-(August-2018)

That doesn't automatically mean just buying used will = hackable. But buying new probably means unhackable. It's kinda tricky. I got mine at a pawn shop yesterday and looked at the serial number before I purchased it, I was given no crap for asking. But Gamestop has a lot of douchebags that might straight up ask you why you're asking. If it ends up being unhackable you can probably exchange it though and say it was defective.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Eleczoro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs