SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Xenth

Xenth Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    United States
    I'm having trouble with SX OS seeing my nsp files. I’ve tried reformatting the SD cards I’ve made sure to uncheck the archive flag from the files and folders, and I’ve tried moving all the files to subfolders, /switch, and root. I’ve tried other SD cards, I’ve tried Fat32 format, and nothing seems to be able to make homebrew recognize the fact that I have files on my SD card. All my folders were created on Windows 10, my NAND is 2.0, my emunand (which is what I’m referring to) is 6.0.1 with exFat support, homebrew is 2.0 and I’m using SX OS 2.2 beta.
    Any suggestions?

2. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    using tinfoil in sxos? use reinx to install then go back to sxos once installed?

3. Xenth

Xenth Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    United States
    Would I be abale to boot into my SX OS emunand using reinx?

4. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Not sure, I don't have sxos personally but I helped a user just before who was using sxos and they couldn't install nsp files til they booted reinx

5. Katcher

Katcher Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Scotland
    Any substitutes for a paperclip to bridge pins 1 and 10 on the right joycon rail? Can't seem to find any lying around in the house and I'm not gonna buy a jig yet. I did find bobby pins though but I doubt they'd work. Could tweezer work?

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Anything that conducts electricity should do well. I myself use a paperclip. Its not perfect but it gets the job done...eventually. Anyway, here's a list of items that you can use: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-ultimate-list-of-mods-to-enter-rcm.502145/

7. Hirojp

Hirojp Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2018
    Japan
    Thanks for the quick reply! It turns out I only had the update nsp, not the actual dlc. I was confused because I converted a xci file that was suppose to have everything.

All seems to be well. Thanks again.

Draxzelex likes this.
  8. AlphaBravo

AlphaBravo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hey dude.
    So just read that info and something flagged in my head. So after installing CTF and installing nsp, ive always been in sleep mode but did not delete wifi settings. I have not done any updates of any kind nor have i used eshop,etc. WHat are the chances that my switch has been banned? Not got round to installing original untouched nand to find out...

Last edited by AlphaBravo, Oct 17, 2018
  9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If your Wi-Fi settings haven't been removed, then the console will connect automatically to the Internet. Even if its in Airplane Mode, it can still connect since Airplane Mode gets disabled when you switch between docked/handheld/sleep mode. Not everyone has been banned for using .NSP files but the risk remains nonetheless.

AlphaBravo likes this.
  10. AlphaBravo

AlphaBravo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    So what exactly happens when your sd becomes corrupted? I got the windows alert about the sd card so i just scan and it was supposedly fixed. But is it actually fixed or will there be problems with programs, saves, etc? Im running fat32 sandisc and think corruption happened because i wasnt exiting homebrew apps properly.

11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Basically some of your files get borked and other affected folders do not work properly. Although when I had corruption, Windows didn't automatically fix it even after the scan; I had to format the entire SD card to repair it.

AlphaBravo likes this.
  12. AlphaBravo

AlphaBravo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Good to know. I will start making regular backups in future of SD card. Programmers are doing amazing work but i think until corruption issues are sorted their apps in homebrew should force you to exit without using homescreen button. East to forget this stuff lol. Thanks bro

13. AlphaBravo

AlphaBravo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Is the switch connecting periodically in sleep mode because just went to router to disable it, but i didnt see it at all in any of the lists among my other devices?

Last edited by AlphaBravo, Oct 17, 2018
  14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    As long as the Wi-Fi settings aren't deleted, its constantly streaming data. Not so sure about what goes on in sleep mode; maybe those processes are suppressed in order to save battery life.

15. Lidorsho

Lidorsho Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    so ive been gone for some time now from this forum and didnt touch my switch for a while...
    i left just before sxos2 and 6.0ofw came out...
    so i just want a quick update...(and questions)
    -should i update to 6fw? (im on 5.1 right now).
    -is sxos still fine or is there any better cfw?
    -should i load xci or nsp on my switch? which is better now?
    -is CDNSP still a thing?
    thanks.

16. desgrassia

desgrassia Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2018
    Italy
    Okay... now I only have my new 200GB microSD and cannot find anywhere an old one <32GB to test if it is working.

I succesfully dumped everything with hekate, now wanted to run ReiNX but I am unable to boot into CFW, I followed all steps in the guide, but it just won't boot. I think I also need to update my OFW to support exFAT, am I right? If so, is this the only way to do it if I am unable to run a CFW and load ChoidujourNX? Is there anything a little easier than that? (I cannot post links but I am referring to "How to add exFAT support to the Switch Console on any OFW without update!" thread by Finalxfantasy May 25, 2018 at 1:02 AM)

17. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    You can format the card as fat32 for a temporary fix

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    • I'd only recommend updating to firmware 6.X if you plan on playing online, wish to un-link/link a Nintendo Account, or want to use some Toad icons without DevMenu
    • If you already paid for SX OS, you can continue using it. They've got cheats and HDD support for .XCI files (not .NSP currently) while the other CFW allow more customization, have anti-telemetry features such as creport, and are free
    • .NSP is objectively better than .XCI for being smaller, faster, and can load updates/DLC. The only advantage .XCI has is loading them off of an HDD
    • https://gbatemp.net/threads/cdnsp-is-not-dead-they-just-dont-want-us-to-use-it.520819/

Lidorsho likes this.
  19. desgrassia

desgrassia Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2018
    Italy
    Oh, I didn't even know that was supported on SD cards > 32 GB. A quick Google on that shows that I might need unofficial tools to achieve that, I am going to try this then. Thank you for the heads up :)

20. eoinzy

eoinzy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2015
    I'm trying to update from 3.0.0 with ChoiDuJourNX.
    My understanding is that I need to get a copy of a game with an update.
    Is it better to get an NSP or XCI?
    Also, how to I extract it? Can ChoiDuJourNX extract it for me?
    Thanks.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted