SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. lolcatzuru

lolcatzuru GBAtemp Fan

Apr 20, 2012
    United States
    alright folks im a bit of a pickle here. I was banned, but i updated with choidojur ( probably didnt say that right but you get it) and now im stuck on a black screen, i dont really know what to do. Auto RCM doesntl load, the main menu doesnt load, its just black preboot screen. any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

UPDATE: So i managed to get myself back on normal firmware but now im in even more of a pickle. none of my cfw works.

2. MSco

MSco GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2016
    Germany
    Thank you.

So, when I update my switch without fuses by entering RCM mode, will I be able to use the latest firmware without burned fuses later on, even if I remove the cfw after updating? Or will this burn the fuses?

3. lolcatzuru

lolcatzuru GBAtemp Fan

Apr 20, 2012
    United States

i fixed myself.

4. desgrassia

desgrassia Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2018
    Italy
    Ok... I have been waiting for a couple more days to be sure to have in my hands a newer and bigger microSD card... now I got that and... it just happened that Atmosphere got released a couple hours ago.

Now I am a bit stuck here: since I have been waiting so long to hack my Switch console, I think I could just wait a little more and wait for some guides on how to start with this CFW. I think I will just use the first part of the guide and backup my NAND with hekate... or should I just wait for a newer/better(?) way with fusee/atm? After the backup, I could just wait and see what happens in the next few days :)

5. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Backup your nand and keys by following cannas guide

6. rac

rac Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2014
    United States
    Is it possible yet to get on the eshop on a lower firmware switch without getting banned? don't want to burn fuses but also want to get some eshop games.

7. Dan-the-Rebirth

Dan-the-Rebirth GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    Is there an easy way wo use a browser and Netflix on my switch yet? Except rebooting and bootloading Linux.

8. Miles54321

Miles54321 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2010
    Gateway Headquarters with SonyUSA
    Been debating for hours which to get: 128GB/256GB... How many games can each fit? I also notice that 4 x 128gb = 256GB in terms of price! Could I just copy the necessary files to each Micro SD card each time I wanted to use a new one? Hard question to answer but i'm really debating

9. shanefromoz

shanefromoz GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 18, 2007
    Australia
    Is it true .xci files are safer then nsp files?
    Is there a wat to convert nsp files to xci?
    Thanks

10. Flare-be

Flare-be Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2017
    Belgium
  11. LuigiXL

LuigiXL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 19, 2016
    Solved thanks!

Last edited by LuigiXL, Oct 17, 2018
  12. Dan-the-Rebirth

Dan-the-Rebirth GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    Yes I did the same

LuigiXL likes this.
  13. sangweb

sangweb Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2008
    United States
    Hi,
    Thinking of hacking my sw, just a few questions:
    1. for CFW, I won't be using it online, can I switch back & forth b/w CFW & OFW (online)?
    2. if I install games on CFW, it won't shows up if I boot OFW correct?
    TIA.

14. werneck14

werneck14 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2017
    Brazil
    I'm currently at OFW 5.0.1 using ReiNX, all working fine. Is there any reason i should update to FW 6.0.1?

15. Hirojp

Hirojp Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2018
    Japan
    I can't seem to install any dlc via nsp files with tinfoil. I've been trying to get the Mario Rabbids dlc to install but no luck at all.
    I tried with Reinx and Rajnx. Firmware is 6.01 installed via choidujour from 5.10.

Any help would be appreciated.

16. ressit

ressit GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2018
    Vietnam
    Previously I hacked
    But now I can not hack anymore
    but i can go to rcm
    FW 6.0.1
    XAJ70027 series
    Anyone know how to fix it?

17. Hannes_custom

Hannes_custom Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2018
    Germany
    I am using version 6.0.1, can I restore my nand without a ban?

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Outside of downloading the games in .NSP format on the Internet and installing them into your console via homebrew, not yet there isn't. I believe there was something like this for the Wii U?
    I think the Switchbrew DNS has a web broswer.
    Yes, you can just copy the files from one SD card to another as they are tied to the console and not the SD card. As for how big you want to go, it depends on what you can afford and how many games you're willing to play.
    Safer is not the same as safe as people were banned for using .XCI files before .NSP support came along. Anyway if you want to convert anything to .XCI, you can use XCI Builder.
    1. No because you can still risk a ban as traces of CFW are left into the console even if you Switch to OFW
    2. They will still show up but they cannot be launched
    Unless you intend on playing online, or want to link a Nintendo Account, there is currently nothing that requires updating to firmware 6.0.1. All of the 5.X firmware the most supported with CFW currently.
    What is the error code that is displayed in Tinfoil? It is possible something may be wrong with your SD card or even the .NSP files you are trying to install.
    This is not very descriptive at all. We require a lot more information than this. You may have messed something up on your end.
    Only if it was made in Hekate before you hacked the console. And you must restore boot0/boot1 along with the rawnand.bin

rac likes this.
  19. ressit

ressit GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2018
    Vietnam
    I can access the RCM and OFW mode
    But I can not boot CFW
    XAJ70027 series

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You understand that a million different things could have gone wrong? Please for your own sake be more specific or I literally cannot help you. I'm not a mind reader.