Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally updated the system (I turned on Internet) and when console restart system show me a fatal error
"a fatal error occurred when running fusee. unable to identify package1! Press POWER to reboot."
What I can do it? Need I install to SD Card fusee and updated atmosphere?
Well you don't install fusee or Atmosphere but you can update the Atmosphere files on your SD card with the latest release from the official Github page.

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if I'll be able to dump my game, not with NXDumpTool. It wouldn't work to have to wait 30 hours.

Is there a program to dump to the pc instead? it doesnt seem to work right with my sd card or something.

Edit : it sped up a little, but still wondering the same thing in case this doesn't work or for the future.

Last edited by Windsall,

BC5

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys

Sorry if this is not the correct place to ask for help about this, but I honestly don't know where to begin:
I modded my switch to install games a few year back and was keeping everything up do date until around when tinfoil became an app that could be run inside the switch to download and install games from several different shops. Then the pandemic happened and life got... complicated... didn't had time to play games at all, so my switch sat in a corner collecting dust.

Long story short, tried booting it up today to get back into gaming and finally noticed that none of the shops are working anymore.

What I needed to know is, what do I need to do to be able to install games again? Is tinfoil still an option somehow? Should I update anything and if yes, how?
My switch firmware is 11.0.0 and I have no ideia what is my atmosphere version.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally updated the system (I turned on Internet) and when console restart system show me a fatal error
"a fatal error occurred when running fusee. unable to identify package1! Press POWER to reboot."
What I can do it? Need I install to SD Card fusee and updated atmosphere?
if you update to latest then yes, you will need to grab the latest Atmosphere, fusee.bin, Hekate and Sigpatches.

Here’s a guide that includes links: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy
Post automatically merged:

Hello guys

Sorry if this is not the correct place to ask for help about this, but I honestly don't know where to begin:
I modded my switch to install games a few year back and was keeping everything up do date until around when tinfoil became an app that could be run inside the switch to download and install games from several different shops. Then the pandemic happened and life got... complicated... didn't had time to play games at all, so my switch sat in a corner collecting dust.

Long story short, tried booting it up today to get back into gaming and finally noticed that none of the shops are working anymore.

What I needed to know is, what do I need to do to be able to install games again? Is tinfoil still an option somehow? Should I update anything and if yes, how?
My switch firmware is 11.0.0 and I have no ideia what is my atmosphere version.
Check out this guide for the updated methods and software you need:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

I was looking at a page for it, and seems like it only dumps on the sd card?
But also I thought I needed to have the game and updates and dlc merged? but doesn't seem to have that option. Though maybe I just don't understand what I need ..
Yeah, not sure. I’ve not gone through the Linkle mod to know what all you need. NXDumptool is how I know to dump games. Do they not cover this in a Linkle guide somewhere?

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The dump of the game I was doing did speed up and finished, but I checked the output folder of nxdumptool and the folder is not even 1mb big. What happened?

14gigs is still being used on my sd card but I dont see where it is

Edit: dbi wasn't able to see the files. not sure why. i might be able to manage it with hekate

Last edited by Windsall,

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country
I just accidentally updated my Switch to firmware 16 (the prompt appeared as usual which I attempted to bypass but I hit update. There was no further prompt or option to cancel the update).

1) What would happen if I tried to launch CFW in the usual way I did before accidentally updating?

2) Is it now safe to install game updates (eg. Splatoon 3) now that my system is on firmware 16? I’ve also been ignoring these.

Thanks

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I give up... Can I reset factory or back to OFW?
I don’t understand. What is causing you to give up? Did you try the update and it didn’t work?

(as mentioned by @Dust2dust younjust remove the SDCard and you’re back to normal but first you should try to upgrade.)

The dump of the game I was doing did speed up and finished, but I checked the output folder of nxdumptool and the folder is not even 1mb big. What happened?
Not entirely sure. Every time I’ve run it it just works. Please share a screenshot of what you are seeing.
14gigs is still being used on my sd card but I dont see where it is
again, not sure. Is this 14G of new data or just 14G being used.
Edit: dbi wasn't able to see the files. not sure why. i might be able to manage it with hekate
What files were you looking for with DBI?

I just accidentally updated my Switch to firmware 16 (the prompt appeared as usual which I attempted to bypass but I hit update. There was no further prompt or option to cancel the update).

1) What would happen if I tried to launch CFW in the usual way I did before accidentally updating?
You would likely see an error. It won’t do anything bad to your system…it will just not work.
2) Is it now safe to install game updates (eg. Splatoon 3) now that my system is on firmware 16? I’ve also been ignoring these.

Thanks
Assuming you updated your Sysnand? Sure. If you upgraded your Emunand then you will need to get the update files from somewhere else and install them via an installer. Your Emunand shouldn’t be online anyway.

mikeshinoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Your CFW is only on your SD card. If you delete it, you're back to OFW. Very simple. But I think you give up way too fast.
I don’t understand. What is causing you to give up? Did you try the update and it didn’t work?
Thanks everyone for helping. Problem was with autorun atmosphere... When I didn't have sd card atmosphere want fusee.bin.
I held (+) and power button for 10s to power off console and I could inject payload. Now I have latest firmware and AMS :)

Reactions: binkinator

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country
Weirdly, I can still enter CFW without any issues. To be clear, I updated to system firmware 16 on stock (switching the system on without entering RCM or anything). This shows up in System Settings as current system version 16.0.0.

When I launch CFW - emuMMC by using my jig and RCMloader through hekate, it reads current system version: 15.0.1 | AMS 1.4.0|E.

Did I just get lucky or is this normal?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weirdly, I can still enter CFW without any issues. To be clear, I updated to system firmware 16 on stock (switching the system on without entering RCM or anything). This shows up in System Settings as current system version 16.0.0.

When I launch CFW - emuMMC by using my jig and RCMloader through hekate, it reads current system version: 15.0.1 | AMS 1.4.0|E.

Did I just get lucky or is this normal?

Sysnand and Emunand are seperate, they don't touch each other once they are seperated.

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not entirely sure. Every time I’ve run it it just works. Please share a screenshot of what you are seeing.

again, not sure. Is this 14G of new data or just 14G being used.

What files were you looking for with DBI?
I was looking for the dump of the game (romfs). It showed the folder with dbi but there was practically nothing in it. thankfully hekate sees all the files so i was able to get it. I'll be trying the next steps of modding it tonight

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, thanks. Why would I need to update my emunand to 16 eventually? Will newer games start needing it to run on emunand?

Eventually it will catch up, Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon base firmware is 15.0.0 so other game base firmware will eventually catch up, you would need to update once you have game that won't run on 15.0.1

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country
Eventually it will catch up, Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon base firmware is 15.0.0 so other game base firmware will eventually catch up, you would need to update once you have game that won't run on 15.0.1
Thanks for clarifying. Just to confirm, I can update my firmware anytime and install all game updates on STOCK without it having any impact on my ability to play backup games on emuNAND?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    @cearp At a plumber convenstion. Loads of cracks!
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A plumber is either on crack or in crack or showcasing crack
    +2
  • cearp @ cearp:
    or of course, dealing with cracks (in pipes)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sure he could be on cracked flooring causing the leak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much you bet delta going to be DRMd to hell and back
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @linuxares the dev just ends up at 0
    it's no worse than if you pirated
    it's probably better, because not all keys on key sites are stolen
    plus piracy is not always an option
    i heard a related story for a dev actually
    from a dev*
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    DRMs are getting stronger these days
    they bought their own game on a key site and checked where they came from and it turned out they were review copies he had given out by email to someone
    *all* of them
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    no storefront I'm aware of (at least on pc) requires the devs to pay for the keys they generate
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    they don't lose money doing this, even if someone decide to chargeback
    so that seems to be a pretty common thing, i kinda blame the dev for that one though as they were giving out like 5 keys to someone just because they asked for multiple copies for review for whatever reason and there were multiple people doing this. he should've seen the red flags
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    @The Real Jdbye Yet devs tell US that they get charged possible charge backs? Its no idea we keep this up since I have to trust the devs more than key reseller sites.
    +1
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    (the chargeback is a penalty fee from the Credit card company, apparently around 30$)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i decided to watch serial experiments lain subbed bc the audio in the latin spanish dub is in bad quality (probably bc that anime hasnt been oficially rereleased with that dub)
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www-nbcnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna157141?amp_js_v=0.1&a...