Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Skinborik

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Hello, how can I turn off autoboot android if I can't initiate hekate since that config? How to boot hekate again? I boot directly android sistem and I want to boot hekate. Thanks!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, how can I turn off autoboot android if I can't initiate hekate since that config? How to boot hekate again? I boot directly android sistem and I want to boot hekate. Thanks!
Change the autoboot= setting in /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini to 0 (no autoboot)

More details in the Global Cinfiguration section here: https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Skinborik

monkeyfeet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO:
Most immediate way is Tinfoil and a donation to Tits Pro (download and install in one step)
For local installs I use Tinwoo over USB or DBI over MTP
NS-USBloader works great on the PC side.

e: You must have the software in order to play often results from installing an update instead of the base nsp.
It turned out it was installing the patch. Nut was "helpfully" rearranging the files after I checked them :/

Reactions: binkinator

Valkri599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Small problem, one of our Switches was reset and while re-injecting the payload we forgot to put the jig in the right side. At the heckate screen we powered off and tried to redo to process but it won't boot anymore/is at a black screen.

-Tried holding the power button for 20+ seconds
-Tried re-Tegra'ing it but it won't located it

-Charges/is charging and displays the little charge icon when in the dock.

-fake edit-

It now starts but after injecting the payload it acts like the switch is factory reset. My profiles are gone and it says I have to format the SD card for the "new" switch. How should I go about getting back into my cfw side/SD card access or removing this random block if possible. The base profiles still exist on the default side, the partitioned EMUNAND is the one that seems like it reset for some reason.

Or should I let it, and just reinstall all my CFW stuff (after making a backup of course.)

Last edited by Valkri599,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small problem, one of our Switches was reset and while re-injecting the payload we forgot to put the jig in the right side. At the heckate screen we powered off and tried to redo to process but it won't boot anymore/is at a black screen.

-Tried holding the power button for 20+ seconds
-Tried re-Tegra'ing it but it won't located it

-Charges/is charging and displays the little charge icon when in the dock.

-fake edit-

It now starts but after injecting the payload it acts like the switch is factory reset. My profiles are gone and it says I have to format the SD card for the "new" switch. How should I go about getting back into my cfw side/SD card access or removing this random block if possible. The base profiles still exist on the default side, the partitioned EMUNAND is the one that seems like it reset for some reason.

Or should I let it, and just reinstall all my CFW stuff (after making a backup of course.)

It sounds like your SDCard might be having issues. Can you see data on the card from your PC?

The results of that test will dictate what we do next…
(fingers crossed)

Valkri599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It sounds like your SDCard might be having issues. Can you see data on the card from your PC?

The results of that test will dictate what we do next…
(fingers crossed)
Yeah, the SD card data is still in tact.

It will be annoying to format and copy/install again but its not too huge a deal for me to have to make a new profile again or something if I have too, though depending if its that easy or if there is a massive pain in the but coming my way beyond that.

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Not exactly a noob here, but you'd forward me here anyway. Been on Kefir/Atmosphere since April, installed via Kefir bat file, injected hekate via TegraRCM (AutoRCM), had no issues.

>> Today home button stopped working and I've decided to reset, and after injecting payload now it goes to Kefir logo, then Atmosphere logo (more briefly than usual) and black screen. <<

I've updated hekate, atmosphere and kefir, same story. Did clean kefir install, no luck. Did atmosphere install with no kefir, just goes to hekate, and after launching Atmosphere same black screen. Did kefir helper tool, tried to enter Tegra explorer payload - system is accessible. Did the suggested "proper" atmosphere update complete with sigpatches, fusee, exosphere. Still the same. Even tried to clean install older kefir, hekate and atmosphere, all bad.

Usually, I can sort all this stuff myself and did a couple of times, but now I'm 3 hours into nothing at all and looks like nothing helps. There may be a chance that I could update the firmware at some point since April. Could it be the problem? And is there a way to downgrade firmware locally, when Switch doesn't turn on like this?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the SD card data is still in tact.

It will be annoying to format and copy/install again but its not too huge a deal for me to have to make a new profile again or something if I have too, though depending if its that easy or if there is a massive pain in the but coming my way beyond that.

Back up the data to your PC first (you knew that was coming) and then try to Fix Hybrid MBR in Hekate. If that doesn’t work you’re going to have to let the Switch have it’\s way with the card to get it to hush and then let’s see if that fixes it. If at either step your data disappears (there‘s a good chance of that happening) we can restore from backup. Let’s see how you get on with this bit first and then we’ll see what’s next…

Ichigo-Bankai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oii lads,

I'm having this problem with botw. i installed the game and everything was fine, untill I launched it and it told me to go out of airplane mode. I did that and tried to launch the game. then it said

Checking whether this software can be played.​

renderTimingPixel.png

after this message it says that I have to buy the game and this user cannot play the content or something like that. whats the problem here? any help is greatly appreciated!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly a noob here, but you'd forward me here anyway. Been on Kefir/Atmosphere since April, installed via Kefir bat file, injected hekate via TegraRCM (AutoRCM), had no issues.

>> Today home button stopped working and I've decided to reset, and after injecting payload now it goes to Kefir logo, then Atmosphere logo (more briefly than usual) and black screen. <<

I've updated hekate, atmosphere and kefir, same story. Did clean kefir install, no luck. Did atmosphere install with no kefir, just goes to hekate, and after launching Atmosphere same black screen. Did kefir helper tool, tried to enter Tegra explorer payload - system is accessible. Did the suggested "proper" atmosphere update complete with sigpatches, fusee, exosphere. Still the same. Even tried to clean install older kefir, hekate and atmosphere, all bad.

Usually, I can sort all this stuff myself and did a couple of times, but now I'm 3 hours into nothing at all and looks like nothing helps. There may be a chance that I could update the firmware at some point since April. Could it be the problem? And is there a way to downgrade firmware locally, when Switch doesn't turn on like this?
Try moving /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk temporarily and see if that gets you up and running. This just moves any sys-modules you have set up to run on boot and fixes you a clean slate. If it does work, we’ll have to move the contents back one directory at a time to see what’s blocking your boot.
Post automatically merged:

Oii lads,

I'm having this problem with botw. i installed the game and everything was fine, untill I launched it and it told me to go out of airplane mode. I did that and tried to launch the game. then it said

Checking whether this software can be played.​

renderTimingPixel.png

after this message it says that I have to buy the game and this user cannot play the content or something like that. whats the problem here? any help is greatly appreciated!

Did you switch player profiles? This feels like you’re playing using another profile rather than the one that “installed” the game.

If not, try deleting and reinstalling the game. This won’t hurt your game saves but I recommend you back them up using JKSV beforehand just in case I’m an idiot on the Internet.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Ichigo-Bankai

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Try moving /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk temporarily and see if that gets you up and running. This just moves any sys-modules you have set up to run on boot and fixes you a clean slate. If it does work, we’ll have to move the contents back one directory at a time to see what’s blocking your boot.

Try deleting and reinstalling the game. This won’t hurt your game saves but I recommend you back them up using JKSV beforehand just in case I’m an idiot on the Internet.
Actually "clean Kefir install" and "clean Atmosphere install" I mentioned meant I've deleted all but Nintendo and EmuMMC folders. So at the moment in /atmosphere there's no such folder as /contents at all

Valkri599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Back up the data to your PC first (you knew that was coming) and then try to Fix Hybrid MBR in Hekate. If that doesn’t work you’re going to have to let the Switch have it’\s way with the card to get it to hush and then let’s see if that fixes it. If at either step your data disappears (there‘s a good chance of that happening) we can restore from backup. Let’s see how you get on with this bit first and then we’ll see what’s next…
Is fix hybrid mbr and option or is it a process, will try this after my backup finishes copying.

Ichigo-Bankai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Did you switch player profiles? This feels like you’re playing using another profile rather than the one that “installed” the game.

If not, try deleting and reinstalling the game. This won’t hurt your game saves but I recommend you back them up using JKSV beforehand just in case I’m an idiot on the Internet.
Did the trick bud! thanks a lotttt!!!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is fix hybrid mbr and option or is it a process, will try this after my backup finishes copying.
It’s an option you can tap in Hekate.

Go to Tools, Click Partition SD Card, Click OK, and then try Fix Hybrid MBR at the top. It’s a long shot but it just might work.

Did the trick bud! thanks a lotttt!!!
You bet! Glad you’re sorted. Enjoy!

Reactions: Ichigo-Bankai

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually "clean Kefir install" and "clean Atmosphere install" I mentioned meant I've deleted all but Nintendo and EmuMMC folders. So at the moment in /atmosphere there's no such folder as /contents at all

The fact you didn’t just overwrite eliminates quite a few issues. That’s good…and bad since a lot of the rookie mistakes are out of the picture it might be more difficult to solve. Do you have another SDCard we can use as a blank slate?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work