Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Valkri599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It’s an option you can tap in Hekate.

Go to Tools, Click Partition SD Card, Click OK, and then try Fix Hybrid MBR at the top. It’s a long shot but it just might work.
Post automatically merged:

You bet! Glad you’re sorted. Enjoy!
No go, "No Valid GPT was found"

Guess I should boot to the EMUNAND and let it format from there? Unsure about how much I'll be redoing now.

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The fact you didn’t just overwrite eliminates quite a few issues. That’s good…and bad since a lot of the rookie mistakes are out of the picture it might be more difficult to solve. Do you have another SDCard we can use as a blank slate?
Yeah, but wow, I don't want to lose my games and saves, the kid would be crying a bunch. Or do you mean get it back running and then change the SD back to the previous one? What should be the next steps? The usual Kefir clean install ?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No go, "No Valid GPT was found"

Guess I should boot to the EMUNAND and let it format from there? Unsure about how much I'll be redoing now.
After the backup, yes. Let it do it’s thing. It won’t stop complaining until you do.

Yeah, but wow, I don't want to lose my games and saves, the kid would be crying a bunch. Or do you mean get it back running and then change the SD back to the previous one? What should be the next steps? The usual Kefir clean install ?
This is just for easy troubleshooting to get things to a known state and completely eliminate any hardware/system issues in one step. We shouldn’t need to stay on the new card. Even if we end up staying on this card we will be able to move things over w/o any issues. If we can’t get back to square one, it’s useless to troubleshoot what’s on the other card. This takes all the guesswork out of it.

Last edited by binkinator,

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
After the backup, yes. Let it do it’s thing. It won’t stop complaining until you do.

This is just for easy troubleshooting to get things to a known state and completely eliminate any hardware/system issues in one step. We shouldn’t need to stay on the new card. Even if we end up staying on this card we will be able to move things over w/o any issues. If we can’t get back to square one, it’s useless to troubleshoot what’s on the other card. This takes all the guesswork out of it.
Thanks, what's the best way go from here with the new card? Install atmosphere and hekate and create emunand in Hekate?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, what's the best way go from here with the new card? Install atmosphere and hekate and create emunand in Hekate?
Correct. Hack it like a brand new Switch. Longest part will be the copying of the *nand. Please note any “issues” going through the process.

Valkri599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hmm I let it reformat, now its giving me "Unable to access microSD card" reinsert etc. The various CFW programs can detect it but in the switch settings it doesn't seem to.

Now I'm really confused.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I let it reformat, now its giving me "Unable to access microSD card" reinsert etc. The various CFW programs can detect it but in the switch settings it doesn't seem to.

Now I'm really confused.

Might try a firmware upgrade (if you’re not on 14.1.2 already.)

Your reader may have gone bad. You can double check your card is good with h2testw.

If the card comes back good you can look at buying a new SDCard reader on Amazon for < $10.

Valkri599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Might try a firmware upgrade (if you’re not on 14.1.2 already.)

Your reader may have gone bad. You can double check your card is good with h2testw.

If the card comes back good you can look at buying a new SDCard reader on Amazon for < $10.
It's definitely up to date, and it gets detected on the OFW boot. I'll reformat the card completely and try repartitioning etc.

Would be quite sudden if the reader died, but I guess it does happen.

Reactions: binkinator

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

So I've made it from scratch on a new SD card. It's finally loaded atmosphere to start screen with no games, but I can't tell if it's SysNAND or emu NAND. I remember setting the sysNAND to dark theme years ago, but never opened it. So now it's dark, says firmware is 4.1.0 - so what can this mean and where we go from there? Thanks so much in advance!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've made it from scratch on a new SD card. It's finally loaded atmosphere to start screen with no games, but I can't tell if it's SysNAND or emu NAND. I remember setting the sysNAND to dark theme years ago, but never opened it. So now it's dark, says firmware is 4.1.0 - so what can this mean and where we go from there? Thanks so much in advance!
Check out your Firmware version again. If it has AMS and a version number followed by an E (for Emunand) or and S (formSysnand) at the end it‘s on CFW. If it has just the firmware version and no AMS version and no E or S then it’s just OFW. Check it out real quick and we’ll take next steps.

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Check out your Firmware version again. If it has AMS and a version number followed by an E (for Emunand) or and S (formSysnand) at the end it‘s on CFW. If it has just the firmware version and no AMS version and no E or S then it’s just OFW. Check it out real quick and we’ll take next steps.
Custom Firmware Version: 4.1.0 | AMS 1.3.1 | S - stupid me, I've even named it "sysnand"

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You we’re having issues w/ Emunand though, correct? Let’s make sure that works…just superstition.
I didn't have any issues, but yes, I was using EmuNAND all the way, it's just Switch didn't get past Atmosphere logo. How do I load emuNAND now? I see, noob questions begin))

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't have any issues, but yes, I was using EmuNAND all the way, it's just Switch didn't get past Atmosphere logo. How do I load emuNAND now? I see, noob questions begin))
There should be one or two CFW options called out in your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file. They will be named something custom for your ”distro”. you want the one with emunand enabled.
The options are documented here: https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate#boot-entry-keyvalue-combinations

23D7386D-5E7F-4732-816C-25423FAB6664.jpeg

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
There should be one or two CFW options called out in your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file. They will be named something custom for your ”distro”. you want the one with emunand enabled.
The options are documented here: https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate#boot-entry-keyvalue-combinations

View attachment 331081
[config]
updater2p=1
{------ Atmosphere ------}
[Atmosphere FSS0 SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sys_cfw_boot.bmp
{}
{-------- Stock ---------}
[Stock SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[config]
updater2p=1
{------ Atmosphere ------}
[Atmosphere FSS0 SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sys_cfw_boot.bmp
{}
{-------- Stock ---------}
[Stock SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp
Interesting setup.

This only has two options:
1) Atmosphere CFW on Sysnand (emummc_force_disable=1)
2) Stock

Perhaps you have a different hekate_ipl.ini with CFW on Emunand on your other card?

e: I downloaded Kefir and there is a /bootloader/hekate_ipl_.ini (note the extra underscore) with a version of the CFW stanza that will boot into Emunand. It’s missing this setting
Code:
emummc_force_disable=1

The default is to boot emunand if no setting is declared.

Code:
[Atmosphere]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
cal0blank=1
kip1patch=nosigchk
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo_kefir.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/atmosphere.bmp
{}

Last edited by binkinator,

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
On my other Sd is

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

==

Should I copy this one there?

Interesting setup.

This only has two options:
1) Atmosphere CFW on Sysnand (emummc_force_disable=1)
2) Stock

Perhaps you have a different hekate_ipl.ini with CFW on Emunand on your other card?
Actualy it was some default setup from this instruction (https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/sysnand/sd_preparation/) which probably got fixed by Kefir for me at some point.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my other Sd is

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

==

Should I copy this one there?
You just need this section added at the end.

Code:
[Atmosphere CFW Emunand]

You will also need a copy of fusee.bin from here:
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/1.3.2

Place it in /bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

e: did somebody do an update on your other card perhaps? If fusee.bin is missing over there you will see a lockup during boot. Might want to double check…this could be the issue.

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You just need this section added at the end.

Code:
[Atmosphere CFW Emunand]

You will also need a copy of fusee.bin from here:
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/1.3.2

Place it in /bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

e: did somebody do an update on your other card perhaps? If fusee.bin is missing over there you will see a lockup during boot. Might want to double check…this could be the issue.
Well, actually like I said, I've tried the clean installs twice, manually adding fusee.bin later

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi