Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any difference between booting into stock sysnand through hakate and turning on the switch without RCM?
You will burn any anti-downgrade fuses that haven't been burnt yet if you boot the console without RCM unlike if you boot the console through Stock via Hekate,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any difference between booting into stock sysnand through hakate and turning on the switch without RCM?
Going through Hekate bootloader will skip fuse checks (so you can down/upgrade to any firmware w/o burning fuses). So far nobody has been banned for booting via Hekate alone*, if that is of concern.

(*downgrading your firmware on the other hand, will very likely get you banned.)

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Ghostplane64

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You just need this section added at the end.

Code:
[Atmosphere CFW Emunand]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

You will also need a copy of fusee.bin from here:
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/1.3.2

Place it in /bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

e: did somebody do an update on your other card perhaps? If fusee.bin is missing over there you will see a lockup during boot. Might want to double check…this could be the issue.
Finally the temporary SD has loaded into emuNAND correctly, what should I do next?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally the temporary SD has loaded into emuNAND correctly, what should I do next?

OK, we now know for certain it’s just a config tweak somewhere on your other card. Did you grab fusee.bin from the same place and are 100% certain it’s in the right directory? Just crossing off simple stuff first.

E: Let’s take a look at your emunand with NXNandManager, make sure it mounts and all that good stuff…it would be a good time to grab a backup of you emunand and put it on your PC.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was searching on Google and found a Wii U CBHC Unbrick without soldering, But when it said "requires NS for udpih", I am confused and don't know if using the udpih payload will ban my Switch? I am a noob at this keep in mind.
Only running CFW & homebrew can get Nintendo Switch consoles banned. Running payloads don't get them banned.

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
OK, we now know for certain it’s just a config tweak somewhere on your other card. Did you grab fusee.bin from the same place and are 100% certain it’s in the right directory? Just crossing off simple stuff first.

E: Let’s take a look at your emunand with NXNandManager, make sure it mounts and all that good stuff…it would be a good time to grab a backup of you emunand and put it on your PC.
Sorry, this app does nothing for me, scanning the drives, then says "NXStorage Not Found" - what should I be looking for?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, this app does nothing for me, scanning the drives, then says "NXStorage Not Found" - what should I be looking for?

With your old sd card in your PC (and your FAT partition browsable via Explorer), it doesn’t see any emunand? We might be in a bad spot since this is how we would get to all your game saves. Can you see the emunand on the temporary sdcard? Switch cards and restart the app to see.

if you can’t see it on your temp card either, let’s dump your prod.keys from your Switch using Lockpick_RCM while booted up on your temporary card. Once you have your keys, transfer them to NXNandManager and try again.

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
With your old sd card in your PC (and your FAT partition browsable via Explorer), it doesn’t see any emunand? We might be in a bad spot since this is how we would get to all your game saves. Can you see the emunand on the temporary sdcard? Switch cards and restart the app to see.

if you can’t see it on your temp card either, let’s dump your prod.keys from your Switch using Lockpick_RCM while booted up on your temporary card. Once you have your keys, transfer them to NXNandManager and try again.
Just rebooted my PC and it's showing my emuNAND now, where should I be looking? Changed fusee.bin on main SD to correct one, tried to load and it doesn't. Please advise. Thank you!

Last edited by pupuz,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just rebooted my PC and it's showing my emuNAND now, where should I be looking? Changed fusee.bin on main SD to correct one, tried to load and it doesn't. Please advise. Thank you!
So first and foremost make a backup of your emunand using NXNandmanager. This contains your game saves and such. Take a look in the /USER/Saves to make sure everything is intact.

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It doesn't let me open /User/Saves and dumps everything into single 30Gb .bin file. But says saves should be there. What can I do next?
Post automatically merged:

So first and foremost make a backup of your emunand using NXNandmanager. This contains your game saves and such. Take a look in the /USER/Saves to make sure everything is intact.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't let me open /User/Saves and dumps everything into single 30Gb .bin file. But says saves should be there. What can I do next?
I was going to go somewhere else with this but just had an idea. You can restore the emunand backup to your temp card and see if the temp card still boots. this will tell us if it’s the emunand or something on your FAT file system.

e: this is what the explorer window would look like to browse game saves:
1665336733371.png

Last edited by binkinator,

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I was going to go somewhere else with this but just had an idea. You can restore the emunand backup to your temp card and see if the temp card still boots. this will tell us if it’s the emunand or something on your FAT file system.

View attachment 331111
Spent hours to get NXNandManager to open my temp SD card, all the same error - Input file/drive is not a valid NX Storage, Iidk what to do, old SD card opens well

View attachment 331111
how to get to your screenshot? where is this explorer? I only see this (attached) and can't open anything else

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-09 215538.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-10-09 215538.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 30

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spent hours to get NXNandManager to open my temp SD card, all the same error - Input file/drive is not a valid NX Storage, Iidk what to do, old SD card opens well

how to get to your screenshot? where is this explorer? I only see this (attached) and can't open anything else
Any chance you made the emunanf file based on the temp card? Try open files in the tabs at the top.

To get to the explorer you click on the USER partition, like you did, and then the Folder button to the left of the Mount button is supposed to turn from grey to yellow and you simply click on it. Not sure why yours is grey.

e: ninja edit. I know what it is.

You Don’t have your keys. You need to use your temp sd card to run lockpick_RCM and dump your keys to your card and then move the, to your nxnandmanager directory on your PC.

‘’See where your Device ID says KEYS NEEDED? The keys will fix that And yiu will n]be able to browse your saves.

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Any chance you made the emunanf file based on the temp card? Try open files in the tabs at the top.

To get to the explorer you click on the USER partition, like you did, and then the Folder button to the left of the Mount button is supposed to turn from grey to yellow and you simply click on it. Not sure why yours is grey.

e: ninja edit. I know what it is.

You Don’t have your keys. You need to use your temp sd card to run lockpick_RCM and dump your keys to your card and then move the, to your nxnandmanager directory on your PC.

‘’See where your Device ID says KEYS NEEDED? The keys will fix that And yiu will n]be able to browse your saves.
Thank you for your time so much, didn't expect to spend my whole Sunday figuring out how to make Switch running, what a disaster... So - I've open my keys and I can see the saves on my main SD. The backup is from the main SD as well. It's that NXNandManager doesn't see my temp SD emuNand.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your time so much, didn't expect to spend my whole Sunday figuring out how to make Switch running, what a disaster... So - I've open my keys and I can see the saves on my main SD. The backup is from the main SD as well. It's that NXNandManager doesn't see my temp SD emuNand.
Can you go to Files in the top tab and instead of opening a disk, open files and navigate to your sd card? I’m thinking maybe you emunand is put on a disk partition but on the file system itself.

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Can you go to Files in the top tab and instead of opening a disk, open files and navigate to your sd card? I’m thinking maybe you emunand is put on a disk partition but on the file system itself.
I can't open a folder, need to choose a file - which file should I open?

I can't open a folder, need to choose a file - which file should I open?
Never mind - just opened some 00 file, first one in the first folder and looks like it worked. Restoring now

I've restored my emuNand to temporary SD and the problem replicated - black screen after second Atmosphere logo, what does it mean and what can I do now? Thx

Last edited by pupuz,
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

aTedNeedshelp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, i got this rcm loader device and it has these files on it. I’m a noob and unsure if I should try plugging this right into my switch and see if it works

Attachments

• 75F9AE60-1D5E-482E-86B6-2F8403EAD83F.jpeg
    75F9AE60-1D5E-482E-86B6-2F8403EAD83F.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 27

LastStranger

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Hello, I want to try my hand and try to write something useful on the switch and now I'm stuck on one thing. I want to write a sysmodule for atma as a test project that would turn on home highlighting ala this using a combination (only it doesn’t work on the latest atmosphere), but I didn’t find information on how to assemble modules for the atmosphere, I found only about .nro, which are purely like applications, but also some intelligible docks on how they will differ in terms of code from .nro and how to write them. Can anyone provide information about this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: lol