Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a bit tricky but I am in the HBmenu accessed via the album and its only shwoing daybreak,snes,reboot to payload and tinfoil .

That‘s your HB Menu. That’s perfect. Hit the Home button to get out of there.

Games should be on the main page. If not we might have to reinstall them. If you want to grab game saves before reinstalling games we can do so with NXNandManager.

Reactions: DonAndy321

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Games should be on the main page. If not we might have to reinstall them. If you want to grab game saves before reinstalling games we can do so with NXNandManager.
Ok so the games dont load via the album menu like sx os? I tried loading them via the home menu but it keeps asking me for a game card

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so the games dont load via the album menu like sx os? I tried loading them via the home menu but it keeps asking me for a game card

Also are the games that are backed up meant to be on the root of the sd card like sx os?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

HB Menu is just homebrew. Games will install in the Home Menu. You might have been mounting XCIs and only installing DLC/Updates? You can actually use the Tinfoil installation to install your XCIs to the SD card (standard Atmos practice)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also are the games that are backed up meant to be on the root of the sd card like sx os?

The games will be installed to the “Nintendo” directory on your sd card (or on your “system” which is still the sd card but that will be your emunand.)

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HB Menu is just homebrew. Games will install in the Home Menu. You might have been mounting XCIs and only installing DLC/Updates? You can actually use the Tinfoil installation to install your XCIs to the SD card (standard Atmos practice)
ok so you are saying download/update Tinfoil and then ask tinfoil to reinstall the files that are already on my sd card?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DonAndy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Legend! An easier way then is to install JKSV on both cards and just export/import your game saves. https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSV/releases
Is this installed on the system memory then?

So I would need to install Atmosphere on both SD cards, then install JKSV on both cards and then import the save flles from the orginal SD card and then boot up and load on the 2nd memory card then export. is that correct?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this installed on the system memory then?

So I would need to install Atmosphere on both SD cards, then install JKSV on both cards and then import the save flles from the orginal SD card and then boot up and load on the 2nd memory card then export. is that correct?

No, just the app…you might want to grab a slightly older one for SXOS due to 11.0.0 being the last working FW
OK i have just seen the tutoial it seems far easier than i thoughtt.

Thanks!
Whew! Good stuff man. I trust you’re sailing on your own power now…good luck and enjoy!

ghostbitxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, same place. It doesn't give a percentage or anything, but the bar at the bottom is most certainly at least near the same place considering I emptied about 80GB of space during my uninstallation of other games. And just for reference sake, whether it helps or not, this is the error I keep getting in Awoo. And for the record, I've tried a different USB cable and port:

USBThreadFunc:72: USB transfer timed out or failed

OxS3qvJ.jpg

So @binkinator I figured I'd update you and the thread in case this helps anyone going forward.

First of all, I tried so many things. So so many things. So many things that I'm exhausted and don't even feel like listing them all out. None of them worked anyway.

I did manage to fix this, but I did two things and I'm not sure which fixed it. The first thing I did, was I re-enabled "Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator" in my Device Manager. Technically, that is enabled by default on the Windows OS, but I recently disabled it because it had been reported to fix stuttering issues associated with Elden Ring. Of course, disabling it didn't fix Elden Ring and I still get the stuttering - but that's another story lol. Aside from that, I simply rebooted my PC in case it needed a reboot for that change to take effect. Whether or not one, or both of what I did fixed it, I can't say. But it is working right now. After about 4 hours of pulling my hair out, it's all good.

I appreciate you trying to work with me through this.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So @binkinator I figured I'd update you and the thread in case this helps anyone going forward.

First of all, I tried so many things. So so many things. So many things that I'm exhausted and don't even feel like listing them all out. None of them worked anyway.

I did manage to fix this, but I did two things and I'm not sure which fixed it. The first thing I did, was I re-enabled "Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator" in my Device Manager. Technically, that is enabled by default on the Windows OS, but I recently disabled it because it had been reported to fix stuttering issues associated with Elden Ring. Of course, disabling it didn't fix Elden Ring and I still get the stuttering - but that's another story lol. Aside from that, I simply rebooted my PC in case it needed a reboot for that change to take effect. Whether or not one, or both of what I did fixed it, I can't say. But it is working right now. After about 4 hours of pulling my hair out, it's all good.

I appreciate you trying to work with me through this.

Glad you’re sorted and appreciate you coming back to close things out. Wow…would have never thought to re-enable the “Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator”…it wasn’t even on the list of shit to try, man. REALLY glad you figured this one out cause we might have been a while! Of course in my mind I get to chose to believe it was my suggestion to just reboot! Sorry about your hair!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restoring my eMMC RAW GPP right now as the other forum stated. Is rebuilding nand restoring eMMC though or am I just getting those two different actions mixed up?

Had to read all the way through that thread…so none of the other things worked and now you’re restoring from your backup?

How old is your backup in comparison to your current version and did you take another backup of your current before executing the restore?

Nintendai1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Had to read all the way through that thread…so none of the other things worked and now you’re restoring from your backup?

How old is your backup in comparison to your current version and did you take another backup of your current before executing the restore?
Like 4 years old probably. I did not make another before executing this restore. Are emmc and nand the same thing? I am going to have to rebuild my nand again because I forgot the restore backup I used had a boot problem from corruption.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice