Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what installer do i use for files to large for fat32?

@Hayato213 is correct. Any modern installer will be able to handle large files. You have two really good ones already installed. Let’s stay focused on getting your machine fixed.
ok give me a bit of time to get this done the kids are here i post it picures

Perfect. No rush.

someone in youtube had in atomphere hosts beside the default.txt maybe they have different set up

Quite possible but we’re focused on fixing the files that you have and making sure they work as expected. No need to stray from the happy path which is to fix your dns:mitm (default.txt) and test its effectiveness using Switch_90DNS_tester.nro. There is no sense in moving forward with anything else if we can’t get this simple piece of the puzzle resolved.

Sure why would my serial be wiped out I didn’t use that method .

We absolutely need your Prodinfo to be wiped out using exosphere.ini. Not sure what you mean by not using that method as you have the exosphere.ini file in your root directory.

as for the screenshot you shared…

For Switch_90DNS_tester.nro you need to look at the releases…not pull down the source code. Switch can do nothing with source code. You need the binary located here: https://github.com/meganukebmp/Switch_90DNS_tester/releases/tag/v1.0.3

No the full serial number is there

This is really bad news and means your exosphere.ini is not being called. This means Ninty is able to track your every move in fine detail. We must get this turned off if you want any hope of not being banned with extreme prejudice.

On a hunch, can you check to make sure you don’t have double extensions on this file as well? It’s possible you have exosphere.ini.txt. If so, you need to remove the .txt.

Wat cause the double extension and tinfoil not installing sd card?

This is just Windows Operating system hygiene and the way you move about a Windows PC. See my note about Windows Explorer setting to make the extensions visible. Also when using notepad.exe it often defaults to .txt. You need to change to make it say *.* when saving any new files. That way it won’t append txt to anything you create. You might want to switch to notepad++ which is a more WYSIWYG text editor but to be perfectly honest, at this point, I’m afraid to introduce any “new tech” we’re not already wrestling with at the moment.

Last edited by binkinator,

chipshill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finding an older V1 is probably still the easiest path.

Yes, all V1 (Erista), V2 (Mariko) and V3 (Aula) can be modchipped with enough money and skills. $120 (yank $) + install. Of course you can save some costs of installing by DIY.

Yes sir. Proper sorted.

OLED is absolutely beautiful but you pay for the beauty at each step. :-)

No dongle required for a chipped device.

But they’re still beautiful.

Absolutely. At this point Atmosphere stands alone as the only CFW current with Ninty Firmware. No politics.
Finding an older V1 is probably still the easiest path.

Yes, all V1 (Erista), V2 (Mariko) and V3 (Aula) can be modchipped with enough money and skills. $120 (yank $) + install. Of course you can save some costs of installing by DIY.

Yes sir. Proper sorted.

OLED is absolutely beautiful but you pay for the beauty at each step. :-)

No dongle required for a chipped device.

But they’re still beautiful.

Absolutely. At this point Atmosphere stands alone as the only CFW current with Ninty Firmware. No politics.
That was the most concise reply I could have hoped for. Thank you.

Since then I’ve already bought an oled model so I’ll be heading over to AliExpress for a diy job and a 2 month delivery time.

Nice to see a dongle is no longer required. I just need to catch up with the actual chip details now then. It looks like the cfw is installed to the actual chip, which is new to me if correct!

Note: apologies for the double quote. My phone is acting up and I can’t remove it

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was the most concise reply I could have hoped for. Thank you.

Since then I’ve already bought an oled model so I’ll be heading over to AliExpress for a diy job and a 2 month delivery time.

Nice to see a dongle is no longer required. I just need to catch up with the actual chip details now then. It looks like the cfw is installed to the actual chip, which is new to me if correct!

Note: apologies for the double quote. My phone is acting up and I can’t remove it
Longest 2 months of your life or close to it I’m sure.
While you wait, @Modzvilleusa did a detailed video on everything you need to do, buy, think, look like and feel about modding v3 Aula (OLED).

Dongle still works for V1 (and you can install a Trinket M0 on a V1 to do away with that…but that’s another thread.)
edit: in case you buy that V1. ;-)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/trinket...software-new-fusee_suite-uf2-packages.553998/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/interna...ybitsy-m0-express-guide-files-support.508068/

CFW still goes on your SD card. The chip takes a FW load of it’s own to operate. You definitely want the upgradable FW version of the chip. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-flash-the-hwfly-clone-chips.606008/

Last edited by binkinator,

agoramilio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all.... So I am having trouble transfering files from computer to switch over USB. My computer sees the switch when I connect it, and im able to load a bin file, but whenever I use Tinfoil, Goldleaf, Tinleaf, or DBI, it always says USB isnt connected. Halp?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi all.

Today, I purchased a Nintendo Switch OLED. I now have two Switches. One is a launch model that's exploitable.

I want to turn my old unit into my CFW unit that doesn't go online. I want the new one to be stock and untouched (doubt it's hackable anyway).

What's the best way to arrange this (including system transfer and all).

I want the old one to be hackable, but not get banned if possible. Is there a CFW that keeps it sanitized so I could boot into stock and go online (with legitimate games)?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all.... So I am having trouble transfering files from computer to switch over USB. My computer sees the switch when I connect it, and im able to load a bin file, but whenever I use Tinfoil, Goldleaf, Tinleaf, or DBI, it always says USB isnt connected. Halp?
Try using Hekate's UMS instead then. It can be found under Tools.
Hi all.

Today, I purchased a Nintendo Switch OLED. I now have two Switches. One is a launch model that's exploitable.

I want to turn my old unit into my CFW unit that doesn't go online. I want the new one to be stock and untouched (doubt it's hackable anyway).

What's the best way to arrange this (including system transfer and all).

I want the old one to be hackable, but not get banned if possible. Is there a CFW that keeps it sanitized so I could boot into stock and go online (with legitimate games)?
CFW is what gets people banned so what you're asking for is impossible. Your best bet is to keep a clean eMMC backup made before every running any CFW/homebrew then restoring that prior to going online.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Try using Hekate's UMS instead then. It can be found under Tools.

CFW is what gets people banned so what you're asking for is impossible. Your best bet is to keep a clean eMMC backup made before every running any CFW/homebrew then restoring that prior to going online.
Got it, so my answer is then

1. Make a clean eMMC backup
2. Remove ALL wireless credentials
3. Hack it and never bring it back online

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I correct in assuming stealth shop is no longer a working repository? Haven’t been able to get the new games/dlc and updates section to work for days.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I correct in assuming stealth shop is no longer a working repository? Haven’t been able to get the new games/dlc and updates section to work for days.

Their discord says they were having issues but are up again as of 3/11.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is stealth shop the only working repo? Or is there anything else still active?

theres a subreddit with a wiki about who is up/down. Not sure I should be talking about the damn switch piranhas here through.

*damn auto correct

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Hayato213 is correct. Any modern installer will be able to handle large files. You have two really good ones already installed. Let’s stay focused on getting your machine fixed.

Perfect. No rush.

Quite possible but we’re focused on fixing the files that you have and making sure they work as expected. No need to stray from the happy path which is to fix your dns:mitm (default.txt) and test its effectiveness using Switch_90DNS_tester.nro. There is no sense in moving forward with anything else if we can’t get this simple piece of the puzzle resolved.

We absolutely need your Prodinfo to be wiped out using exosphere.ini. Not sure what you mean by not using that method as you have the exosphere.ini file in your root directory.

as for the screenshot you shared…

For Switch_90DNS_tester.nro you need to look at the releases…not pull down the source code. Switch can do nothing with source code. You need the binary located here: https://github.com/meganukebmp/Switch_90DNS_tester/releases/tag/v1.0.3

This is really bad news and means your exosphere.ini is not being called. This means Ninty is able to track your every move in fine detail. We must get this turned off if you want any hope of not being banned with extreme prejudice.

On a hunch, can you check to make sure you don’t have double extensions on this file as well? It’s possible you have exosphere.ini.txt. If so, you need to remove the .txt.

This is just Windows Operating system hygiene and the way you move about a Windows PC. See my note about Windows Explorer setting to make the extensions visible. Also when using notepad.exe it often defaults to .txt. You need to change to make it say *.* when saving any new files. That way it won’t append txt to anything you create. You might want to switch to notepad++ which is a more WYSIWYG text editor but to be perfectly honest, at this point, I’m afraid to introduce any “new tech” we’re not already wrestling with at the moment.
i have one installer installed

ok i got confused i didnt use

Incognito method just​

Exosphere / DNS MITM does that blank keys?​

is my tinfoil folder set not corect and thats why i cant install it? like i had the 90dns?
when installing games what folder do i put them in?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have one installer installed

ok i got confused i didnt use

Incognito method just​

Exosphere / DNS MITM does that blank keys?​

is my tinfoil folder set not corect and thats why i cant install it? like i had the 90dns?
when installing games what folder do i put them in?

We’ve never mentioned Incognito. We’re doing exeosphere. Exosphere will blank out (not replace for real) you Prodinfo. It won’t do anything with your keys. If zeros are not happening in your system serial number settings then something is wrong and you will need to reread that part of the instructions.

Timfoil has It’s own installer. It takes care of everything once you install it outside of applet mode.

90DNS_tester is just a .nro file that needs to be placed in /switch/ directory and then run via hbmenu.

Did you go back over the exosphere.ini and default.txt instructions again and get them corrected? Our focus right now is to get these two files set up exactly like the guide says.

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We’ve never mentioned Incognito. We’re doing exeosphere. Exosphere will blank out (not replace for real) you Prodinfo. It won’t do anything with your keys. If zeros are not happening in your system serial number settings then something is wrong and you will need to reread that part of the instructions.

Timfoil has It’s own installer. It takes care of everything once you install it outside of applet mode.

90DNS_tester is just a .nro file that needs to be placed in /switch/ directory and then run via hbmenu.

Did you go back over the exosphere.ini and default.txt instructions again and get them corrected? Our focus right now is to get these two files set up exactly like the guide says.

yes i found problem i will post pictures in 5 mins. the file extentions wasnt turn on that really should be in the guides probbly complete banned now.
i will run 90 dns send pics you show me how the tinfoil get install and folders but i wont do that till u see my pictures

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: m