Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was trying to install Pokemon Brilliant Diamond at first, but it's doing the same thing with basically every game
Well I just realized I'm missing a lot of other potential information so I'll just list as many questions as possible. Is this in emuMMC or sysMMC? How is the SD card formatted? Where are you trying to install the games? If to the SD card, have you checked to see if the SD card is fake or not? If you haven't, try using FakeFlashTest. If you have, do you have another SD card that you can try instead?

123Lory321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well I just realized I'm missing a lot of other potential information so I'll just list as many questions as possible. Is this in emuMMC or sysMMC? How is the SD card formatted? Where are you trying to install the games? If to the SD card, have you checked to see if the SD card is fake or not? If you haven't, try using FakeFlashTest. If you have, do you have another SD card that you can try instead?

This is emuMMC, the card is FAT32, i'm trying to install the games on the sd card and i'm 100% sure it's not fake, i don't have another empty sd card atm :(

Edit: also, i've tried installing the games on the switch itself, same result

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is emuMMC, the card is FAT32, i'm trying to install the games on the sd card and i'm 100% sure it's not fake, i don't have another empty sd card atm :(

You should still check to see if the SD card is fake or not because that can help narrow down the problem here. The only other things you can try is getting the games from another source. Also as an aside, if you post 10 times, you gain the ability to insert screenshots and hyperlinks,

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

what are you injecting for cfw. package3 or fusee.bin? and which sigpatches did you dl.

DrahosR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I have updated emuNAND on my ipatched 4.1.0 Switch to Atmosphere 1.2.5 and system to 13.2.0 and can't read cards in card slot anymore. Don't care too much about that, but it doesn't seem like I can start Home Brew apps in non-applet mode, because they require a game in the slot to start with R+A.
What do I need to do?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have updated emuNAND on my ipatched 4.1.0 Switch to Atmosphere 1.2.5 and system to 13.2.0 and can't read cards in card slot anymore. Don't care too much about that, but it doesn't seem like I can start Home Brew apps in non-applet mode, because they require a game in the slot to start with R+A.
What do I need to do?
How do you launch into Atmosphere? Hekate or fusee?

DrahosR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hekate. On my other SD card it works fine with like AMS 19.4E? and 12.0.3? something like that. But someone helped me put it all together, now I'm on my own.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do I need to do?
Toggle NOGC on whichever payload your injecting. for fusee its the stratosphere config, for hekate its the hekate ipl or can change in hekate options.

DrahosR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
enable NOGC on whichever payload your injecting. for fusee its the stratosphere config, for hekate its the hekate ipl or can change in hekate options.
The reason I asked how you launch is because the answer is to disable nogc but that will differ depending on if you use Hekate or fusee. Since you use Hekate, you can go into the Hekate menu itself to disable nogc.
Where is that exactly? and that will not affect my stock firmware in any way, right? Since I'm on ipatched system

DrahosR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Ok, thank you. I'll look around. Last question. I'll be able to play backups that way or just games on the card reader? Or both?

FreddisLettis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have never hacked a switch before and had a question about hacking/jailbreaking mine. I have hacked my 3DS, but I did that because the 3DS homebrew community has been working on their stuff for a decade and this makes Luma3DS essentially risk free. But the switch has better security, and I'm not worried about my console getting bricked. That's what NAND backups and EmuNAND are for. I'm worried about bans, because my account isn't something I can just unban from a backup. I have looked into emuNAND and like the idea, but I'm worried that I'll get account banned before I can factory reset the emuNAND. Additionally, me and my sister used to share a switch and I don't want her getting banned as well because I did something stupid and she wanted to play splatoon 3 years ago(She might be fine even if i get banned but idk, this is switch noob paradise after all). But i was thinking, if I backup my saves, log out, hack my console, reset emuNAND, and THEN log back in to the sysNAND. Can i still be banned(this assumes I also use a alt account for emuNAND). I hope someone who knows what they're doing can give me an answer.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have never hacked a switch before and had a question about hacking/jailbreaking mine. I have hacked my 3DS, but I did that because the 3DS homebrew community has been working on their stuff for a decade and this makes Luma3DS essentially risk free. But the switch has better security, and I'm not worried about my console getting bricked. That's what NAND backups and EmuNAND are for. I'm worried about bans, because my account isn't something I can just unban from a backup. I have looked into emuNAND and like the idea, but I'm worried that I'll get account banned before I can factory reset the emuNAND. Additionally, me and my sister used to share a switch and I don't want her getting banned as well because I did something stupid and she wanted to play splatoon 3 years ago(She might be fine even if i get banned but idk, this is switch noob paradise after all). But i was thinking, if I backup my saves, log out, hack my console, reset emuNAND, and THEN log back in to the sysNAND. Can i still be banned(this assumes I also use a alt account for emuNAND). I hope someone who knows what they're doing can give me an answer.
You don't really need to worry about account bans as those are limited to other types of activity such as credit card fraud.

Reactions: FreddisLettis

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use a emunand and a brick is impossible.
accounts dont get banned unless cc fraud is done on it.
once console is banned theres no going back.
if you set it up right, even a 5yr can navigate a cfw switch without risk of ban.

theres really no risk if you do it right. and 3ds is fine now because nintendo gave up on punishing people for pirated games and cfw on 3ds's. honestly just as easy to hack a switch as a 3ds, probably even easier, definitely faster.

Last edited by Chaosta,

FreddisLettis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use a emunand and a brick is impossible.
accounts dont get banned unless cc fraud is done on it.
once console is banned theres no going back.
if you set it up right, even a 5yr can navigate a cfw switch without risk of ban.

theres really no risk if you do it right. and 3ds is fine now because nintendo gave up on punishing people for pirated games and cfw on 3ds's. honestly just as easy to hack a switch as a 3ds, probably even easier, definitely faster.
Thank you so much for telling me this! I had heard that you could get banned for homebrew so hearing this is really reassuring.
Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Pretty sure Mike would have won lol