Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I need some help if possible.

my main board on my switch is starting to fail and now and again my SD card stops being read. I have tried installing a new SD card reader but it’s still the same so my question is.

is there any other way I can boot to AMS?

Not a short IMO, but rather a busted pin, this has happened to myself and several others, it is possible to fix and to fix properly by replacing the connector, maybe a mobile phone repair store can do it, or, there are members of the community who can do it

Reactions: burhansalih

carlcromwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello folks
I m totally new to this.
I installed atmosphere yesterday on my Switch and could access the homebrew through the albums folder.
Today when I started the Switch again it was all gone. Any ideas? Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello folks
I m totally new to this.
I installed atmosphere yesterday on my Switch and could access the homebrew through the albums folder.
Today when I started the Switch again it was all gone. Any ideas? Thanks
I think you have a misunderstanding. You do not "install" Atmosphere. Atmosphere is just some files you slap onto your SD card. And your console won't read those files unless you perform the entire exploit which is sending a payload while the console is in RCM. No part of that exploit is permanently applied to the console and the exploit has to be repeated everytime the console is turned off. There is also no way to make the exploit permanent because of the limitations of the exploit itself.

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes,it's an xci i heard people say they are bad do you think this is the problem?
XCI require separate patches from clean nsps, the issue is most likely what drax alluded to: you have up to date sigpatches, but for the wrong bootloader. Es patches work independently of the loader, so they work for your signed nsps, but your fs patches are not working and therefore neither is the xci.

carlcromwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you have a misunderstanding. You do not "install" Atmosphere. Atmosphere is just some files you slap onto your SD card. And your console won't read those files unless you perform the entire exploit which is sending a payload while the console is in RCM. No part of that exploit is permanently applied to the console and the exploit has to be repeated everytime the console is turned off. There is also no way to make the exploit permanent because of the limitations of the exploit itself.
Ok thank you! Is there another cfw without this issue?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thank you! Is there another cfw without this issue?
Like I said, you are misunderstanding the situation. This has nothing to do with CFW. All CFW no matter what console you are discussing are just files on an SD card and need to be loaded via an exploit. The exploit on the Switch just so happens to require sending a payload while the console is in RCM and no part of that exploit can be made permanent. Therefore switching CFW will have no effect on the permanence and the only way to change that is by discovering an exploit that can be made permanent.

smudgester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I have a corrupted SD card when everything was working fine when I was last used it last week. This is a hackable Switch which, until now, has been running Atmosphere [ through an RCMLoader jig ] fine.

So I opened Tinfoil - about an hour go - and when I closed it, the Switch it had to do a firmware update which it said it completed successfully and was restarting. Ever since I have been getting

"[ERROR[ Fatal Error [NXBOOT] Unable to identify package!!
Press POWER to reboot"

and, one time it even came up with a big red "boot.dat" icon (though I could have been trying to inject the wrong payload at this point)

I have already tried replacing the atmosphere and sept folders on the SD card but it is still erroring. It doesn't even be attempting to load the payload off the RCMLoader :(

Does this sound like a corrupted SD card ? TBH IIRC I think I had the same issue a few weeks ago but replacing the two folders solved it that time ]. If it is a corrupted SD, is it worth trying to rescue the games off the SD card ? And if so which folders (on the SD card do I need to backup) ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as of todays date, What modding can i do with my V2 Mariko Switch? and should i modchip it? But where do i buy modchip from?
You can only hack Mariko Switches with the SX Core modchip but it is hard to find and unless you have soldering experience, even harder to install or find someone to install it for you. Unless you're 100% confident you can find and solder the modchip yourself, you're better off buying an unaptched unit.

I think I have a corrupted SD card when everything was working fine when I was last used it last week. This is a hackable Switch which, until now, has been running Atmosphere [ through an RCMLoader jig ] fine.

So I opened Tinfoil - about an hour go - and when I closed it, the Switch it had to do a firmware update which it said it completed successfully and was restarting. Ever since I have been getting

"[ERROR[ Fatal Error [NXBOOT] Unable to identify package!!
Press POWER to reboot"

and, one time it even came up with a big red "boot.dat" icon (though I could have been trying to inject the wrong payload at this point)

I have already tried replacing the atmosphere and sept folders on the SD card but it is still erroring. It doesn't even be attempting to load the payload off the RCMLoader :(

Does this sound like a corrupted SD card ? TBH IIRC I think I had the same issue a few weeks ago but replacing the two folders solved it that time ]. If it is a corrupted SD, is it worth trying to rescue the games off the SD card ? And if so which folders (on the SD card do I need to backup) ?
No, your SD card is not corrupted. The issue is you updated your console to firmware 12.0 which is not supported by Atmosphere. Next time, don't have Wi-Fi settings on a hacked console. Not only do you put yourself at risk for getting banned but you also risk updating to a firmware not yet supported by CFW.

smudgester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, your SD card is not corrupted. The issue is you updated your console to firmware 12.0 which is not supported by Atmosphere. Next time, don't have Wi-Fi settings on a hacked console. Not only do you put yourself at risk for getting banned but you also risk updating to a firmware not yet supported by CFW.

Hmm - I am sure the Switch had WiFi disabled :( Or at least I was using 90dns.

So it's just a case of waiting for Atmosphere to catch up ?

korax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone im new here and also kind of new to the jailbreaking scene, I have been trying to upgrade my sd card for weeks now and have tried multiple threads with no help. I have a 128gb exfat sd card running atmosphere and i am trying to use a new 512gb also exfat card. A simple copy and paste results in “fatal error failed to stat stage2 (atmosphere/fusee-secondary bin)” The only way i can get the card to boot and run games is by creating an imo file of the 128 card then restoring to 512 card but then I cannot extend partition to use full gb of card i have tried multiple programs please help.

carlcromwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Like I said, you are misunderstanding the situation. This has nothing to do with CFW. All CFW no matter what console you are discussing are just files on an SD card and need to be loaded via an exploit. The exploit on the Switch just so happens to require sending a payload while the console is in RCM and no part of that exploit can be made permanent. Therefore switching CFW will have no effect on the permanence and the only way to change that is by discovering an exploit that can be made permanent.

Ok gotcha. Thank you so much!

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hey everyone im new here and also kind of new to the jailbreaking scene, I have been trying to upgrade my sd card for weeks now and have tried multiple threads with no help. I have a 128gb exfat sd card running atmosphere and i am trying to use a new 512gb also exfat card. A simple copy and paste results in “fatal error failed to stat stage2 (atmosphere/fusee-secondary bin)” The only way i can get the card to boot and run games is by creating an imo file of the 128 card then restoring to 512 card but then I cannot extend partition to use full gb of card i have tried multiple programs please help.
It's most likely because you are using a partition based EmuMMC. That can't just be copied to the new sd card.
Follow this guide: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/transfer_sd/

Another thing you should not use exfat. It has a bigger risk to be corrupted. Fat32 is recommended.

Reactions: BigOnYa

korax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's most likely because you are using a partition based EmuMMC. That can't just be copied to the new sd card.

Another thing you should not use exfat. It has a bigger risk to be corrupted. Fat32 is recommended.

well the reason i use exfat is because most of my games are over 4gb and i cant put those files on the Fat32 can i follow the guide above if i stay exfat or is there a way to put the bigger games on a fat32

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1