Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

ZeroTransPat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.. once you install and use CFW... your NAND, which is stored on your switch memory itself, is no longer "Clean", thus you can be banned.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
It boots normally into the normal non hacked
firmware. I can't get it to boot into RCM mode even though my computer. Am I screwed?

Hold the Volume Up button and press power button, if no logo appears, then you are in RCM mode and then hook to PC and use Tegra to push payload.

Hold the Volume Up button and press power button, if no logo appears, then you are in RCM mode and then hook to PC and use Tegra to push payload.[/QUOTE]

What I mean is, it will only boot from the normal switch firmware and it's acting as if it's a clean switch with no mods after the update

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your trying to get Tinfoil working and had enough like me and are willing to format to try again. Use this...

Download and Extract.... It's call just the just the bits or something. It comes with everything you need Atmosphere and Fusee, with lots of little things ready go

-snip-

This is what I needed to get Tinfoil running agian...
Remove that link to JITS. Its a link to warez therefore it violates the rules of this forum.

Reactions: BigOnYa

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you update your switch ? A lot of newer games reqire a updated OS, I had the same issue with Mario 3-D land and fury....

I was on 9.1 and I updated to the newest version to make sure I can play it.
Ofw 10.0.2 something like that
Emunand on 11.0.1

Just trying to understand in other to play monster hunter do I need update both sysnand and emunand cause my emunand on 11.0.1 atmospheres can’t play it I even redownload sig patches. I’m on mariko switch mod chip

Reactions: DavidinCT

FFTfanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Framerate Counter sought

Hi, anyone know of a framerate counter that is compatible with Reverse-NX?

I am using the latest version of status monitor but the counter appears to be incompatible. It just reads (a clearly incorrect) 254fps.

Many thanks in advance

newuser227653

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi everyone i'm curious about hacking my switch but I'm not willing to buy a patched switch, where can I follow the development of finding a new exploit and what individuals should I pay attention to. Insert joke about me being a Nintendo employee here.

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone i'm curious about hacking my switch but I'm not willing to buy a patched switch, where can I follow the development of finding a new exploit and what individuals should I pay attention to. Insert joke about me being a Nintendo employee here.

you mean you are unwilling to buy an unpatch switch? SciresM said it's unlikely any software exploits on the v2. So it is a waiting game.

rob61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My early switch using SX OS and dongle has been working fine. However SX OS won't run above 11.0.0, and now the games coming out (it doesn't attach to the inet) will not run, saying the Switch needs a firmware update. Is there a way to bypass this so current games will play with 11.0 or earlier firmware (again, the Switch won't connect to the internet)? Are there links here to explain how to do this if possible?
Thanks!

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My early switch using SX OS and dongle has been working fine. However SX OS won't run above 11.0.0, and now the games coming out (it doesn't attach to the inet) will not run, saying the Switch needs a firmware update. Is there a way to bypass this so current games will play with 11.0 or earlier firmware (again, the Switch won't connect to the internet)? Are there links here to explain how to do this if possible?
Thanks!
You can patch the games on a pc with a program called XCIBuilder. It will patch the game to play on lower FW.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/xci-builder.516977/
or NSCBuilder:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-nsc-builder.524364/

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: rob61

rob61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can patch the games on a pc with a program called XCIBuilder. It will patch the game to play on lower FW.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/xci-builder.516977/
or NSCBuilder:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-nsc-builder.524364/
Thanks, I'll try that.

Update: I ended up using SAK (Switch Army Knife) and was able to strip out (patch) some newer games and they run fine under 10.2 using SX OS. I liked SAK because I run Windows and it is a native .exe so I didn't have to download a bunch of other stuff as well. Worked great! Thanks for your help.

Last edited by rob61,
Reactions: BigOnYa

RikkuSuave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a flag to unlock the Pro Editor + in NHSE? for some reason i can't use it even though i have access to save them from the online patterns. I bought the thing from nook points but it says " this design does not have a set type yet, you need custom pro editor +" but i did unlock it. I just want to make patterns :(

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I run a treasure island for my discord and it seems i broke my sd card slot from the continuous taking out and putting back in of the sd card.

Luckily i live close to a video game repair shop and they were able to fix it for me. My question is, is it safe to boot into a clean sysnand with the cfw memory card inside the switch? Obviously going forward i want to avoid taking out my sd card as much as i can.

I have a clean sysnand that i use for online play, and i have cfw emunand i use for my modding needs. Is it safe to keep the sd card in at all times regardless if im booting into sysnand or emunand?

Last edited by phillyrider807,

BoundlessK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly a noob, but having trouble nontheless and not sure where to post this...I had SX OS CFW installed and was on 10.2, everything running beautifully. I let my friend borrow the switch for a couple days and he updated it by accident to 11.0.1 and now my whole system is f*%$ed...i started the process of downgrading the FW and get to the point of loading Atmosphere through Hekate but i get the following screen...somebody help! I need my setup back!!

20210402_164830.jpg

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I run a treasure island for my discord and it seems i broke my sd card slot from the continuous taking out and putting back in of the sd card.

Luckily i live close to a video game repair shop and they were able to fix it for me. My question is, is it safe to boot into a clean sysnand with the cfw memory card inside the switch? Obviously going forward i want to avoid taking out my sd card as much as i can.

I have a clean sysnand that i use for online play, and i have cfw emunand i use for my modding needs. Is it safe to keep the sd card in at all times regardless if im booting into sysnand or emunand?

Yup, it's safe to keep it in - else my brother would have been banned ages ago lol

Not exactly a noob, but having trouble nontheless and not sure where to post this...I had SX OS CFW installed and was on 10.2, everything running beautifully. I let my friend borrow the switch for a couple days and he updated it by accident to 11.0.1 and now my whole system is f*%$ed...i started the process of downgrading the FW and get to the point of loading Atmosphere through Hekate but i get the following screen...somebody help! I need my setup back!!

View attachment 255916

Got a nand backup?

second question.

Is it also possible to have emunand/android and a partition where sysnand can read it all on the same memory card?

You can use hekate to resize partitions, if you are doing that I would make a backup of your sd card first though, then re-partition it

BoundlessK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, it's safe to keep it in - else my brother would have been banned ages ago lol

Got a nand backup?
--> unfortunately no...but the situation has evolved, I completed the downgrade to 10.2 and can get back into CFW, but the new problem is that I cannot use my game cards because of lotus fuse error 2002-2634...any ideas? or reliable recommendations for a pokemon shield/lets go eevee backup site?

You can use hekate to resize partitions, if you are doing that I would make a backup of your sd card first though, then re-partition it

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There really isn't anyone or anything to follow because no one is actively looking for an exploit. Of course if it is hypothetically released, it will be known everywhere but the chances are slim to none so just get an unpatched unit instead.

--> wait, so i can update Atmosphere CFW to update to latest 11.0.1?
Well yeah because Atmosphere has supported firmware 11.0.1 shortly after its release.

Reactions: Adran_Marit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu