1. chalupabatman

OP chalupabatman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Last edited by chalupabatman, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If you found the thread with the tool, why bother making a completely separate thread? At least if you posted there, OP might be able to help get you set up.

3. Clockdryve

Clockdryve Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Gave me an angle to bounce off and find it too :-)

4. Eskorbuto

Eskorbuto Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    hello i have success in making the fusion of the game.nsp plus update.nsp..and the result its a filename like this game+u.xci.... but i don't feel that the updated its integrated because switch asked me to update, so...does this app only allows to convert the game to xci, but not the update with it? or how can i do it properly?

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Since the update is integrated into the .XCI file and .XCI files are meant to be mounted, not installed, the update is only applied when the .XCI file is mounted. Therefore the update will never be installed into the console's internal memory unless you install it as a .NSP file. Also keep in mind that there is a difference between asking for a software update and a system update. If its asking for a software update, you do not have the latest update bundled with your .XCI file. If its asking for a system update, update your system.

6. Eskorbuto

Eskorbuto Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    thanks for the info. i think is better to mount game.xci and install updates via nsp...because i don't feel it worked for me in the way i wanted...it didnt asked me for system update...but game update...but it was already included in my xci made by 2 nsps

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i have just make an game.xci and ill do a game+update.xci and try one last time to see what happens.

7. JRoad

JRoad Developer
    Developer

Spain
    In isntallations it gets installed if you use the rommenu (the gallery installer from TX). It doesn't get installed with tinfoil since blawar felt that since legit xcis have a lot of the times older updates he should blacklist the updates inside them from being installed, which is in some way understandable.

About the update not being applied when the xci is unmounted, some retain the update version in the placeholder while some don't retain them. Still that check is done at the game's launch so the update would be mounted so either is a software update, he's right and an issue happened, he's using an old update or if he added dlcs he's using a lower dlc version than what he should be using.
    If the xci is mounting it should be fine, though it would be better to verify it with the functions NSCB have for that matter (verify, game info, ...). Normally when i see an user with that issue it's related to him using older update or dlc versions.
    I also think it would make more sense to use the official post.

Last edited by JRoad, Aug 30, 2019
  8. tokenwhiteguy

tokenwhiteguy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I am still too new on here to make my own thread or to pm you, but I figured how to get NSC_Builder working on a mac running parallels. It doesn't work natively like a regular pc, and I didn't know if you had anyone say anything yet. I figured you might like to know if you hadn't since I saw one of your build posts on github stating you hadn't out an effort into mac.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

put* not out

9. tokenwhiteguy

tokenwhiteguy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    If you can run Parallels (I'm assuming other virtual machines will work similarly) on your mac. Then you can open up parallels and run the app. However, it will tell you that the keys.txt is missing no matter which keys you have in it, and then will tell you that list.txt and mlist.txt are both missing etc. If you move it to local disk C:/ it will run properly.
    That being said:
    1. Using Lockpick (Look up on Google if you don't have it) you can dump keys using Lockpick on your CFW on your switch. This file is going to save in the Switch folder on your SD Card as Prod.Keys
    2. On your mac, Make a folder called (whatever you want to call it, it's to put everything. I will use the name MADEFOLDER for this example)
    3. Copy Prod.Keys to MADEFOLDER
    4. Move/Copy Base Game, Updates, and DLC into MADEFOLDER
    5. Download NSC_Builder, extract, and place it in MADEFOLDER but make sure it's its own folder EX: Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨Yourusername⁩ ▸ ⁨Desktop⁩ ▸ MADEFOLDER ▸ ⁨NSCB folder
    6. In NSCB folder open ztools
    7. Copy prod.keys into to ztools folder, and rename it to keys.txt (it will ask about changing file format. Hit yes.)
    8. Open your windows virtual machine
    9. Open the File Explorer
    10. Move MADEFOLDER to C:\
    11. Open NSCB folder
    12. Run NSCB
    13. Press 2 for Multi-Pack mode
    14. Go through steps
    22. Once finished, open NSCB_output
    23. Move your file back to your Virtual Machine's Desktop
    24. On mac open finder and open desktop to find file
    25. Move file to root (This means the first layer of your storage) of your SD Card
    26. move the SD Card back to switch
    27. Run the XCI from the CFW of your switch
    28. Praise Cthulu lol

I hope this helps!!

10. t1op

t1op GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I need some help.
    I want to convert most of my games from nsp to xci. I also want a custom xci that includes the nsp update so I don't have to install the update.
    I tried to process Ape Out. It wouldn't repack as an xci at all.
    I tried Atomik. It changed the base game to xci but left the update as a separate nsp.

Can anyone give me step by step directions?

UPDATE:
    Ok, I figured several things out with some trial and error.
    This is my simplified explanation (nothing new, just perhaps simpler delivery).

First of all, you need keys.txt to get this working. Run the lockpick payload and it will generate all of them for you as prod.keys. Rename that to keys.txt and put it in the ztools directory of NSC Builder.
    Note, you want to get these from the latest firmware possible or you will have trouble converting newer files.

If you simply want to convert files between nsp/xci, select "1" to process each file individually.
    If you want to combine games with their updates and dlc (or combine games?) select "2" to multi-pack. If you are doing a mix, still select "2".
    If you want to remove the linked account requirement from a game select 6 then 5.
    If you want to compress/decompress your nsz (install currently supported by tinfoil, not by goldleaf) or xcz (not playable on sxos, for storage only) select 8.
    I haven't used the other options.

Assuming you picked 1 or 2, you will then be asked to drop a file or folder onto the GUI or press 2 or 3 to select them from an explorer window.
    Then you have the opportunity to decide to process the file or folder you initially selected or add more.

You are then asked if you want to patch the key generation/required firmware.
    If you are on the latest firmware you probably don't need to worry about this. If you maintain a lower firmware, select accordingly.

Finally, if you are multi-packing, you are asked to decide if you are going merge all the files into one (like 1-8 games) or to separate each merge based on the game ID (like combining games with updates and DLC).

If you get errors, first make sure you have keys dumped from the latest firmware.
    Next make sure you have good dumps. For example, if you have SXOS and dumped a game with hbg shop and it told you it couldn't read the ticket and is just downloading ncas, your dump is incomplete and --as far as I know-- worthless. So you need another dump. Make your own with another app or download someone else's are your options.
    To make your own, I have found that Goldleaf version .8 provides an alternative for dumping these games (plus unlike hbg shop, goldleaf's dumping feature isn't limited to SXOS). There may be others...
    That's all I've figured out up to this point...

------
    Now if you have already used this tool, my dumbed down instructions probably seem redundant to the selections in the interface. I get it. Now that I know what they mean they seem unneeded to me too. However, I was VERY confused when I tried to get started and couldn't find any dumbed down explanation on what each option meant. I share this with the hope that someone else who is equally confused finds this thread and that my attempt to dumb down things makes the interface easier to understand for the first time through :)

Last edited by t1op, Jan 11, 2020
  11. papo1974

papo1974 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    how can i get the list.txt cause i keeps saying can't find list.txt and i have my keys.txt

12. Willxiam

Willxiam Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    hi everybody, i have a problem converting nsz to nsp, i get this error no zzlist.txt any ideas?? thanks

13. JRoad

JRoad Developer
    Developer

Spain
    If you're using the window selector to add the files it's broken on 0.99 and 1.00x versions. It's fixed on the master but not released yet.
    It isn't adding files to the text list so the system won't find the list.
    You need to drag the files in the window, use the new folder Walker or the new local library system.
    I'll release a new version with that fix at some point during the next day I don't have time for it this weekend.
    Anyway I'd welcome if people used the official thread for doubts.
    Even the OP is linking the official thread.

14. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    i seem to have run into a problem with this tool
    i used it many times with no issue now today i went to repack Ary and the secret of seasons .nsp and the 1.0 update .nsp into a single .xci and i got a file in the output directory called unknown.xci and it was only a few kb or something like that
    so then i went to process single file and tried to convert the game .nsp to a single .xci and still it's not working
    could this be because it is a new game that requires a higher FW than the keys file i am using ?
    i think my keys file is from 9.x.x
    here is the error message i got when i tried to process the single .nsp to .xci

IndexError: list index out of range
    [25552] Failed to execute script squirrel
    DONE

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    It sounds like you know what the issue is. In that case, obtain a key set from firmware 10.X

weatMod likes this.
  16. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    afaik, 0a is the latest key. I've had no issues even running the most recent games through software to alter or check.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Builder,