How to Use NSC Builder

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by chalupabatman, Nov 25, 2018.

1. chalupabatman
    OP

chalupabatman GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    Last edited by chalupabatman, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If you found the thread with the tool, why bother making a completely separate thread? At least if you posted there, OP might be able to help get you set up.

3. Clockdryve

Clockdryve Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2019
    United States
    Gave me an angle to bounce off and find it too :-)

4. Eskorbuto

Eskorbuto Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2018
    Australia
    hello i have success in making the fusion of the game.nsp plus update.nsp..and the result its a filename like this game+u.xci.... but i don't feel that the updated its integrated because switch asked me to update, so...does this app only allows to convert the game to xci, but not the update with it? or how can i do it properly?

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Since the update is integrated into the .XCI file and .XCI files are meant to be mounted, not installed, the update is only applied when the .XCI file is mounted. Therefore the update will never be installed into the console's internal memory unless you install it as a .NSP file. Also keep in mind that there is a difference between asking for a software update and a system update. If its asking for a software update, you do not have the latest update bundled with your .XCI file. If its asking for a system update, update your system.

6. Eskorbuto

Eskorbuto Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2018
    Australia
    thanks for the info. i think is better to mount game.xci and install updates via nsp...because i don't feel it worked for me in the way i wanted...it didnt asked me for system update...but game update...but it was already included in my xci made by 2 nsps

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i have just make an game.xci and ill do a game+update.xci and try one last time to see what happens.

7. JRoad

JRoad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    In isntallations it gets installed if you use the rommenu (the gallery installer from TX). It doesn't get installed with tinfoil since blawar felt that since legit xcis have a lot of the times older updates he should blacklist the updates inside them from being installed, which is in some way understandable.

About the update not being applied when the xci is unmounted, some retain the update version in the placeholder while some don't retain them. Still that check is done at the game's launch so the update would be mounted so either is a software update, he's right and an issue happened, he's using an old update or if he added dlcs he's using a lower dlc version than what he should be using.
    If the xci is mounting it should be fine, though it would be better to verify it with the functions NSCB have for that matter (verify, game info, ...). Normally when i see an user with that issue it's related to him using older update or dlc versions.
    I also think it would make more sense to use the official post.

Last edited by JRoad, Aug 30, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted