1. TheWolfLord

TheWolfLord GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Aight when I get a chance to do it I'll report back.

Draxzelex likes this.
  2. GBK

GBK Member
    Newcomer

Macau
    Noob self-answer here. The saved copy appears to be a single file in ftpd, NX-Shell, and Tinfoil, but under the hood it is file/00,01,etc. I unmounted the SD card and view the folder on PC. So the saved copy seems larger than 4GB on FAT32 system but it is a valid backup copy.

3. chrisd

chrisd GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This might be a strange question, but how do you restore sysnand? I don't see anything for it on the hekate menu; Only see restore emuMMC.

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Its under Tools.

5. chrisd

chrisd GBAtemp Regular

United States
    @Draxzelex is it in a specific spot? Under tools I only see "Backup eMMC", "Restore eMMC", and "Dump Package 1/2". Is "Restore eMMC" actually for both sys and emu, and I just don't realize it?

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Yeah "Restore eMMC" can restore both regular eMMC (sysMMC) and emuMMC. Not sure why they're not listed separately but I guess CTCaer didn't want a billion different menus and options.

7. Chuparla

Chuparla Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands Antilles
    Hi Please, I need help,

I have been trying a lot of different options but I cannot make it work.

I had my switch hacked and working perfectly on atmosphere, but my mistake I clicked on the update software option and my system went to 11.0.1.

Now using the last version of atmosphere, sigpatches and my RCM bootloader with last version fus primary.bin I cannot make it run, instead this code appears and the screen goes black after it.

The console runs normally in no RCM mode, booting normal.

Any help, I have tried with a new sd card but is the same, any ideas?

Attached Files:

8. chrisd

chrisd GBAtemp Regular

United States
    @Draxzelex Thanks for that clarification. So form that, I realized that I have only been doing eMMC backups and not emuMMC backups of NAND, etc.

I notice when I flick on "SD emuMMC Raw Partition" that the buttons for backup go grey, and don't allow me to press them. I'm guessing that means that I don't have an emuMMC raw partition, but I do have a separate partition for emuMMC. Given all that, how should I be preserving this? I used a partition manager software on my PC to make a clone of the entire SD card, as in the old emuNAND days of the 3DS, but other than that I'm not sure. Is it as simple as making and restoring an image of the partition, or is there more to it?

Last edited by chrisd, Feb 1, 2021
  9. chrisd

chrisd GBAtemp Regular

United States
    accidental double post, plz delete

Last edited by chrisd, Feb 1, 2021 - Reason: duplicate on accident
  10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    How is the SD card formatted?

No it really is as simple as making and restoring an image of the partition. I will admit I have not dabbled in backing up emuMMC on partitions on the Switch although I am familiar with doing it on the 3DS so the principle should be the same. However it is more important to have an eMMC backup than an emuMMC backup.

11. Chuparla

Chuparla Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands Antilles
    The SD is formated in Fat 32, it was working before. I think it may be a problem of authentication as I updated my switch while I was under atmosphere CFW. Could this affect?

I want to try to factory reset in the switch and try again, is there any way I can keep the save data on my switch without accessing CFW?

I just tried to connect to online and apparently I have been baned (this may affect?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

okay, I do
    not know why, but I made it work from the Hekage 5.0

Last edited by Chuparla, Feb 1, 2021
  12. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    This is the "real" internal storage. It is separately listed ;)

alexander1970 likes this.
  13. TheWolfLord

TheWolfLord GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Here's a super noob question. I tried to run tinfoil while docked and plugged into the tv. It crashed+corrupted or something so I just reinstalled it(works fine). Woops like that aren't gonna do anything to my tv right?

14. BigOnYa

BigOnYa Sofa King Special

United States
    No...won't hurt your tv.

Last edited by BigOnYa, Feb 1, 2021
  15. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So I'm new to hacking Switches. I have two right now that are unpatched. One is on 5.2.0 and the other is on 10.2. I bought an SX OS Pro kit years ago but I just never got around to hacking it because I never had a big memory card. I finally decided to start and got a 512GB Micro SD card. I plan to just have a hacked one and a non-hacked one, and I also plan on just playing pirated games and some emulation, not much else. Which Switch should I install CFW to, and should I use Atmosphere or SX OS?

16. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    If both are unpatched it doesn't matter which unit you run CFW on, You should stick to Atmosphere in the long run, Team Xecuter hasn't released support 11.0.1, and that firmware been out for a while, look like there will never be support.

17. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Should I update one of my switches to 11.0.1 or do you think I should just leave it on 10.2?

Last edited by JustAGuy, Feb 2, 2021
  18. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You can update to 11.0.0 if you want to use SX OS, current only Atmosphere support 11.0.1.

19. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
    nothing that I know of needs 11.x at the moment so leaving it on 10.2 is fine

20. Pokepicker

Pokepicker GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    Reading up on RetroArch it seems as they want my SDcard to be formated as FAT32. But I’m running a 128gb card in exFat or whatever. I’m hesitant to give it a go as they mention potential file corruption etc.

Can it corrupt other files, or just Retroarch related files?

21. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
    exfat can corrupt all sorts of different files, from homebrew to games, all depending on where thte corruption happens

fat32 is recommended and games can be installed over usb

Draxzelex likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH