1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Don't use TegraRCMGUI. Just use TegraRCMSmash instead.

Try using TinWoo instead. Its based off of Awoo Installer which has never given me or anyone else any issues.

First, there is no such thing as "1st" or "2nd" generation Switch. There are Erista and Mariko units. Secondly, if by "2nd generation" you mean Mariko, then the only way to hack those is with the TX modchip. While the modchip will work regardless of firmware, SX OS does not support firmware 11.0.1. However Atmosphere does and the next official release will allow users with the modchip to boot into it.

LukeIMG19 likes this.
  2. JTTUNING

JTTUNING Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hello

This is my first time on a forum so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area but I have a switch with display but no back-light I have checked the back-light connector and I am getting a voltage of 0.12 3.85 0.12 0 and I have checked the back-light chip (TPS61163A) and the resistors are not shorting out so I'm wondering would it be a bad lcd or is their something else I should check.

Thanks in advance

3. LukeIMG19

LukeIMG19 Newbie
    Newcomer

I copied the command from TegraRCMSmash and nothing happens in cmd/powershell still. Just says it's trying on USB device, and then nothing after that line. I'll try again, but I imagine I can't as it's too new, but it's annoying I can't get a message telling me I definitely can or can't. I probably have a Mariko unit in that case, how can I check? And which Atmosphere release will support TX modchip? 0.17.0?

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Mariko units are sold in the red boxes so if you bought it new like that, then there's your answer. The other way to check is with the serial number which you can find here. And yes, the 0.17 release of Atmosphere will allow booting on the TX modchip.

LukeIMG19 likes this.
  5. MagnesG

MagnesG GBAtemp Lurker

United States
    help all my sysmodules are not found

6. Rizzo0

Rizzo0 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey everyone I have been out of the scene for a while but I wanted to get everything updated so I can play Hades on OFW while retaining my Emunand.

What are your recommendations to update my current setup:

OFW-10.0.4
    Emunand-9.0.1
    SXOS-2.9.3.

I read that atmosphere already has support for 11.0.1 on Emunand but I would rather not have to redo my whole setup if I don't have to and can stick with SXOS. Thanks guys.

7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If you're not using XCI files, then switching to Atmosphere is no big deal. TX's future is uncertain, and switching to Atmosphere might be recommended.

If you're using your sysMMC for online play, it needs to be updated to the latest version through the system settings.

Your emuMMC can be updated using Daybreak on Atmosphere (recommended method of updating). You should update to 11.0.0 of you plan on using SX OS, and you should update to 11.0.1 if you plan on ditching SX OS. Alternatively, you can use ChoiDujourNX on SX OS to update (not recommended).

Your CFW, whatever it is, should be updated to the latest version.

8. LukeIMG19

LukeIMG19 Newbie
    Newcomer

Yep, I'm XKJ which is 100% patched (and box is definitely red). Looks like a SX Core is (near) impossible to get hold of, so I'm out of luck for now. Thanks anyway!

9. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    i have one question.....but i am not sure if that is allowed to ask

10. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    so if this isnt allowed to ask then sorry....but is there a way to extract a dev build of a game and repack it for retail (like they did with the PKMN Sword Betas)? i have the Lets Go beta as NSP but its only usable on a Dev unit....is there any program to do it?

11. Neville_Shorttop

Newcomer

United States
    I am having some interesting behavior with Atmosphere 0.16.2. If I hold the power button and select turn off inside Atmosphere on my emunand, the screen goes black and it appears to turn off. However, if I press the power button to boot my ofw sysnand, my Switch will freeze on the "Nintendo Switch" logo. If I press the button again, it will boot into my sysnand correctly. If I reboot atmosphere to Hekkate and power off from there, I don't encounter this problem. My first thought was atmosphere was rebooting to RCM, but this doesn't appear to be the case. What's happening here? Thanks!

Last edited by Neville_Shorttop, Dec 31, 2020
  12. Nugzy

Nugzy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I havent touched my Switch in a couple years and I'm trying to get everything updated so I can play newer nsps. I dont remember much, but the system settings say Reinx 6.0, the Switch is in AutoRCM so I have to inject payload to boot whenever it dies, and I do have a backup of BOOT0, BOOT1, rawnand, and device.keys. Is it just a matter of clearing the SD card and adding the new files of Atmosphere etc from sdsetup? Do I need to update the system firmware or can I leave it on the older version?

13. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Switch to the latest version of Atmosphere with the appropriate signature patches, and update to 11.0.1 using Daybreak.

14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Are you using the latest version of both Hekate and Atmosphere?

15. C0sm1cn00dle

C0sm1cn00dle Member
    Newcomer

United States
  16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Are they in the right folder?

17. Kanakops

Kanakops GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
  18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    For starters, ChoiDujour only supports up to firmware 6.2 so that is already out of the question. Secondly, 99% of users mistake a black screen for a brick or something else stupid so majority of "bricks" are not actually bricks.

Kanakops likes this.
  19. PixyGixy

PixyGixy Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    idk if i post this here but is it possible to edit a nsp to change the icon

20. Neville_Shorttop

Newcomer

United States
    I am.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH