Hacking Switch Informations by serial number - READ THE FIRST POST before asking questions

segway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you keep it on 4.1.
I heard that in the future you may have a software exploited that you don’t need to go into rcm with required hardwar eg. rcm jig.

But for me, I dont mind put in the rcm jig to boot up to rcm mode and launch SX OS or Atmosphere from there.
So I updated my console to 5.1.0

Your choice :)

Keeping the system at 4.1, wouldn't that cause certain games not to launch because it's looking for an update? I've seen some that don't give you a choice to launch the game, just update.

D

Deleted User

Serial: XAJ700393XXXXX
Region: EU/IT
Firmware: 4.1.0
Color option: Neon
Store: ebay
Bundle : No
Purchase date: 2017-06-29 (Release Date)
FUSEE WORK : i don't know because I haven't jig

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a look at where I may be buying my second switch from.

I have a choice of XAJ700226 or XAJ700416.

Am I correct in thinking the 226 model would be better because it may come with older firmware (albeit >=3.02) or does the 416 have some known hidden revision advantage e.g. improved reliability?

WithinRafael

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: I read this; ... It's pretty recent, so is it correct in saying 4.1 is no good for emulators until CFW comes out? I might update in that case, enjoy my digital titles and then CFW the unit in a few months? What do people think?

That article is a bit misleading. It's my understanding that:
  • You're not going to instantly void your warranty, at least in the US. (The burden of proof would be on Nintendo's side.) The FTC has been very active in this area lately. [1][2]
  • nx-hbexploit300 exploit only works on Switch OS 3.0.0.0 [3]
  • Fusée Gelée (FG) exploits Tegra's chip recovery mode firmware [4] and works for any current/future version of Switch OS. Due to some oversights, this cannot be patched via updates to existing devices. If your device works with FG, you don't need to worry about the Switch OS version.
  • New, patched, devices are starting to appear in store. Following the reporting directions in this forum thread is very important to create an accurate picture of serial number allotments.
  • Reportedly, there is a (currently private) exploit (deja vu) for patched units, as long as they're on Switch OS 4.1.0 (and possibly lower). If you end up with a patched unit (check with FG), it's important to keep on 4.1 in preparation for exploit release. [5]

[1] hxxp://motherboard,vice,com/en_us/article/yp3nax/jailbreaking-iphone-rooting-android-does-not-void-warranty
[2] hxxp://www,ftc,gov/news-events/press-releases/2018/04/ftc-staff-warns-companies-it-illegal-condition-warranty-coverage
[3] hxxp://github,com/switchbrew/nx-hbexploit300
[4] hxxp://github,com/Cease-and-DeSwitch/fusee-launcher/blob/master/report/fusee_gelee.md
[5] hxxp://twitter,com/SciresM/status/1016724847504736256

(Sorry about the broken links; this forum has a terrible new-members-can't-post-links policy.)

Last edited by WithinRafael,

Tommy92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serial:XAJ100248XXXXX
Serial on device matches serial on box:Yes
Region:US
Firmware:4.1.0
Color option:Red Joycons
Store:Amazon
Was a bundle (if yes, which):Yes, Mario Odyssey with Physical Game
Purchase date:7/14/18
Fusée Gelée works:Don’t know. As soon as I saw the FW was over 3.0.0 I turned it off and packed it in the box for a return

WithinRafael

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fusée Gelée works:Don’t know. As soon as I saw the FW was over 3.0.0 I turned it off and packed it in the box for a return

As others have mentioned, you're wasting your time, energy, and resources in seeking out a 3.0 device. You just need unpatched boot rom (high probability you have one now.)

Tommy92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDITED* Firmware:4.0.1 NOT 4.1.0
Fusée Gelée works: How can I check?

Serizawa

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Serial: XAJ400496
Serial on device matches serial on box: Yes
Region: JPN
Firmware: 4.1.0
Color option: Red/Blue
Store: BIC Camera
Was a bundle (if yes, which): No
Purchase date: 7/15/18
Fusée Gelée works: No idea

Last edited by Serizawa,

Tommy92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware:4.0.1
Fusée Gelée works: Installed paperclip and held power & + and its a black screen. I believe that means Fusee Gelee works. correct?

tecfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I believe that means Fusee Gelee works. correct?
This means you are in RCM mode. Next step would be to connect the the console, while in RCM, to a PC and send some payload (biskeydump) using tegrarcmsmash to see if Fusee Gelee can be triggered or not.
But according to your serial and the fact, that it is a bundle, the console is 100% unpatched.

Last edited by tecfreak,

Tommy92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This means you are in RCM mode. Next step would be to connect the the console, while in RCM, to a PC and send some payload (biskeydump) using tegrarcmsmash to see if Fusee Gelee can be triggered or not.
But according to your serial and the fact, that it is a bundle, the console is 100% unpatched.
Got it to work! I used the web fusee launcher. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

Attachments

• 54618085-A837-47F7-8934-C0B90B48CCC7.jpeg
    54618085-A837-47F7-8934-C0B90B48CCC7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 183

neobahamut1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
f me, i just order switch yesterday without reading this threads.....i can see my dark future already....
its Asian switch. i ask the seller, and he said that it latest batch.
paid using money i collect for year. forgive me daddy.....

Ryu Kenshin

Trophies
XP
Country
f me, i just order switch yesterday without reading this threads.....i can see my dark future already....
its Asian switch. i ask the seller, and he said that it latest batch.
paid using money i collect for year. forgive me daddy.....
Can you cancel the order or return it? I think if you don't open the box, you can return it with a small fee. :rolleyes:

neobahamut1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Can you cancel the order or return it? I think if you don't open the box, you can return it with a small fee. :rolleyes:
hem, should i get the switch first and try sending payload to its, or just cancel right now?. im curious and at the same time f up. cause another one or two hour, they will ask me to collect my nintendo switch at their store.
by the way, the switch came from singapore.

Last edited by neobahamut1989,

Ryu Kenshin

Trophies
XP
Country
hem, should i get the switch first and try sending payload to its, or just cancel right now?. im curious and at the same time f up.
You can try to send the payload and if it fails, you still can play with game cartridge and wait for Atmosphere CFW that utilizes 4.1 userland exploit :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1