Hacking 2017 switch patched?

subkillj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,

I got a Switch from 2017, I checked the serial number, it's not supposed to be patched obviously. It runs on FW15.0.1.
However when I go to RCM mode and try to inject a payload, I get the "Smashed the stack with a 0x0000 byte SETUP request!" message.

I am a bit concerned as this would mean that the switch is patched but I don't understand how it would be possible on such an early gen.
I tried a bunch of payload, starting with Hekate and fusee from SDSetup, then I tried the last version of Hekate (6.0.1) and it did not work either.
I switched cables but still nothing.

Does anyone know where this issue might come from and what I could try? before I start digging for an unpatched console again but it is a bit dissuasive.

Thank you

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I got a Switch from 2017, I checked the serial number, it's not supposed to be patched obviously. It runs on FW15.0.1.
However when I go to RCM mode and try to inject a payload, I get the "Smashed the stack with a 0x0000 byte SETUP request!" message.

I am a bit concerned as this would mean that the switch is patched but I don't understand how it would be possible on such an early gen.
I tried a bunch of payload, starting with Hekate and fusee from SDSetup, then I tried the last version of Hekate (6.0.1) and it did not work either.
I switched cables but still nothing.

Does anyone know where this issue might come from and what I could try? before I start digging for an unpatched console again but it is a bit dissuasive.

Thank you

0x0000 is patched.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I would suggest to boot into the OFW and look up the serial number in the Settings menu (Settings -> Serial Numbers).
Maybe the serial number on the outside is not the same as the motherboard.
You could have a refurbished Switch where someone used the motherboard of a newer Switch in an old case.

subkillj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would suggest to boot into the OFW and look up the serial number in the Settings menu (Settings -> Serial Numbers).
Maybe the serial number on the outside is not the same as the motherboard.
You could have a refurbished Switch where someone used the motherboard of a newer Switch in an old case.
Thank you for your reply. Indeed I checked and the real serial number is not the expected one, its a patched version. I was not aware of this trick this will help my research :mellow:.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your reply. Indeed I checked and the real serial number is not the expected one, its a patched version. I was not aware of this trick this will help my research :mellow:.
People out there reshelling V2s with V1 cases. That’s low. Sorry that happened to you man.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not even usually intentional, when you're repairing consoles you just use what's available.
At that point the serial number is useless. Should probably remove it altogether or something. Something to prevent “accidents” from happening.

Reactions: Blythe93

abraarukuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
At that point the serial number is useless. Should probably remove it altogether or something. Something to prevent “accidents” from happening.
can you help me find my switch unpatched or not?
Post automatically merged:

can you help me find my switch unpatched or not? its XAW1

abraarukuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Can anybody point me to the tutorial how to hack the unpatched switch? Video would be helpful.

And do I need computer and jig everytime I turn on switch?

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody point me to the tutorial how to hack the unpatched switch? Video would be helpful.

And do I need computer and jig everytime I turn on switch?

This is a good guide:

https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND

Videos are generally unrecommened round here.

If you follow the above guide it tells you to turn on autoRCM which eliminates the need for a jig, as the console will boot into rcm mode whenever it is turned on. You will still need some way of sending a payload (Computer/Android phone/Dongle)

abraarukuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
This is a good guide:

https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND

Videos are generally unrecommened round here.

If you follow the above guide it tells you to turn on autoRCM which eliminates the need for a jig, as the console will boot into rcm mode whenever it is turned on. You will still need some way of sending a payload (Computer/Android phone/Dongle)
Thanks for swift reply,
So first time I need jig ya?

And sending payload everytime I restart switch or only one time?

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if i not let switch battery die, no need to send payload ya?

That is correct, if you never let it turn off you will never need to send the payload again. Please be aware though that if the battery dies while autorcm is enabled it will take a long time to charge enough to be able to turn on again, it only charges very slowly in rcm mode

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte