1. Adran_Marit

OP Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
    Please answer the first questions as those aren't the error codes per-se but what part of the game failed to write.

I suggest updating your console if you haven't done that with choidujourNX and try again

2. drvipej

drvipej GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Getting Error Code 0x00299002 with Tinfoil
    I am not on Firmware 7.x.x, I am on 8.1.0
    Got the latest Reinx 2.4
    CAn't install Goldleef nsp also
    why :(

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  3. Adran_Marit

Australia
    What version of goldleaf are you using?

Also I highly suggest USB install with goldleaf or tinfoil

drvipej likes this.
  4. drvipej

drvipej GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The latest one, either way, no nsp is possible to be installed

5. Adran_Marit

Australia
    Huh that's odd.... I suggest asking in the discord group for help

6. the_matrix_neo

Newcomer

Morocco
    hello i wan't to install nsp with tinfoil wireless but the python installer closes after it says sending URL s to .. on port ..

7. Adran_Marit

Australia
    OG tinfoil or tinfoil from tinfoil.io if its the latter use nut.

8. Luc20100

Luc20100 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I just recently got my HW ipatched v4.1.0 switch running with emuMMC using atmosphere 0.9.2 with emulated 8.1.0 FW. It keeps prompting me "A controller update is avilable. Update now?" I keep click "Later" as I am unsure if this would cause issues with my original nand FW when I power off and startup again. What can I do to remove this?

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    There is no way to remove this however it is safe to install as long as you haven't modified your Joy-Cons.

Adran_Marit likes this.
  10. Luc20100

Luc20100 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the info. Yes, I just wanted to make sure nothing would happen like super nag or other problems.

Draxzelex likes this.
  11. mr_underground

Newcomer

United States
    **Header Note**
    I had to remove the links since this is my first post, but the two main guides I refer to for downloading the sd contents and trying to run cfw are the nh-switchguide and the second one is [GUIDE] Nintendo Switch Homebrew - From Stock to emuMMC CFW on the homebregeneral website. Also, I am using a Mac to do the PC parts of the process.

I have a 7.0.1 unpatched switch that I've been trying to run cfw (atmosphere) but not succeeding. After seeing the Kosmos splash screen and sept splash screen I just get a black screen, it seems to crash and then I press the power button to boot in regular mode. I have partitioned my sd card using these instructions (Mac OS) and I inject the hekate_ctcaer_5.0.1.bin payload using fusee-launcher.

For the sd card contents and launching atmosphere I've tried two different methods, first one is downloading all the seperate files following this tutorial and second one is downloading the kosmos package.

Following the both tutorials hekate runs smoothly I can navigate around make backups and manage my emuMMC but the launch menu is empty, I get this message saying "No main boot entries found..., you can use the following entry to boot stock or use more configs button for more entries" More configs is also empty. I tried to "unset archive bit" and "fix archive bit" with no luck (I thought of this because of the final question in this FAQ). So I decided to try and take the hekate_ipl.ini file from the kosmos package, copy and paste the contents of the hekate_ipl.ini from the first tutorial into the kosmos .ini file and place that in my bootloader folder and the launch menu seemed to work with the options of running cfw. But this is where I run into my MAIN problem right now which is when I choose the cfw to launch I get the Kosmos splash screen and the sept splash screen but after that its just a black screen and I cannot do anything else except just power on the switch in regular mode. I get this problem when I try the kosmos package as well.

My SD card is FAT32 partitioned for emuMMC CFW and the switch has not had the ExFat update.

One extra note is that the nh-switchguide tutorial that I was following says that its important to have an eShop game on the console before doing the tutorial, but I skipped that part since I don't want to connect my switch to the internet (I'd consider connecting to the internet if it's needed for cfw to work and for me to play the games I want to play).

All in all I'm looking for a solution where cfw to works and I'm set up comfortably to enjoy the video games, Thanks :)

12. Adran_Marit

Australia
    the black screen issue sounds like something isn't in the right place. For more speedy answers I suggest asking in the kosmos discord for help

Alternatively if you don't want emunand you can try booting with reinx to see if it works. (use these files if you do) just make sure to replace any other file you have

13. St3alth_B0mba

St3alth_B0mba Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'll describe my issue and cross my fingers.. I had reinx installed and had the sysnand up to 5.1.0 and attempted to use choidujour and update to 8.1.0. i followed the steps and it looked like everything went ok and i rebooted it at the end.

problem: now it wont boot up. i can inject a payload using tegra, but it loads the splash screen for reinx for a second then switches to the splash screen for atmosphere and then it cuts to a black screen and thats it.
    i tried replacing my sd card files with the reinx 2,4 files and got the new version of tegra. and the switch is fully charged and sd card is fat32. and the only thing on the sd card, other than the contents of the reinx 2.4 switch folder, is the backup i made before i modded anything.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Need a second opinion
    I'll describe my issue and cross my fingers.. I had reinx installed and had the sysnand up to 5.1.0 and attempted to choidujour and update to 8.1.0. i followed the steps and it looked like everything went ok and i rebooted it at the end.

problem: now it wont boot up. i can inject a payload using tegra, but it loads the splash screen for reinx for a second then switches to the splash screen for atmosphere and then it cuts to a black screen and thats it. i tried replacing my sd card files with the reinx 2,4 files and got the new version of tegra. and the switch is fully charged and sd card is fat32. and the only thing on the sd card other than the contents of the reinx 2.4 switch folder is the backup i made.

14. Adran_Marit

Australia
    Did you leave reinx.bin on the root of your sd card? What format is your sd card?

15. St3alth_B0mba

St3alth_B0mba Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    no, and i didn't, but when i put it back on there the reinx splash screen loaded like normal but it still went to the black screen.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  16. Adran_Marit

Australia
    what format is your SD card? Do you have a gamecard in the gamecard slot?

St3alth_B0mba likes this.
  17. St3alth_B0mba

St3alth_B0mba Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    well when i started this it was in exfat but i read a query that had about the same issues and the fix was to reformat the sd card to fat 32. I tried it and it still didn't work. I don't get the schitzo moment where it switches from reinx to atmosphere anymore though

Also there is a game in there

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

ok took out the game it worked. it updated but now the homebrew menu wont pop up. i think i saw a thread on here about this

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  18. Adran_Marit

Australia
    Yeah you downgraded. If you're on 8.1 and want reinx use the files from the front page of the guide and hold R while openi g album to get homebrew menu.

Otherwise SX or atmo support 9.x

19. maraxion

maraxion Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    Great info.
    Just got an old switch pre July 2018 so im good.
    But is it still so that only 6.2 and below can have homebrew on the switch? Hoped to be able to run some programs and movies, but its was on 9.0.1 when I got it.

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    The exploit used by unpatched consoles is not reliant on the firmware. The firmware is only relevant for playing games. All manner of hacking including CFW, homebrew, & mods work as long as the exploit works.

maraxion likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Updated, Hacking, Switch