Hacking Question Switch Bricked After NAND Restore

GameLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if there are similar threads like this one, but no matter where I look, I cant find an answer to my question.

So last night I accidentally updated my Switch to 6.2.0 (from 6.0.0). I had recently updated to 6.0.0 with ChoiDujour in order to get my exFat SD card to work on my switch, but it didn't burn any fuses in the process. Keep in mind I made a NAND backup just before the update.

After restoring the 6.0.0 NAND backup to my 6.2.0 switch, I was able to boot into rcm mode, but then the screen went black after the Nintendo logo appeared. After this, not even rcm mode would work. I tried formatting the SD card, using diffrent usb cables, etc.

Nothing would work.

Am I screwed or is there something that can be done (at least to get back into rcm mode)?

-Levi

D

Deleted User

You need to boot with nogc kip that choidujour provides. As it makes it possible to get past the nintendo screen, and you only need to use it once.

GameLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to boot with nogc kip that choidujour provides. As it makes it possible to get past the nintendo screen, and you only need to use it once.

How am I supposed to do that when I cant even go into rcm mode though? Also the choirdujour update happened a while back and I've been able to go into CFW for a few weeks now. I updated to 6.2.0 through the system and probably burned fuses on it as well.

GameLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is getting pretty bizarre then because I don't remember the switch going dead or something like that happening. TegraRcm wont accept the switch no matter what I do. I always hold down the Power Button + Volume Up for 3 seconds and that's normally what gets it in. I don't why this time would be any different.

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me like your possibly not triggering rcm (bent a pin, or something).

Or possibly the USB cable/port might be the culprit.

Try a different computer and cable, see if the switch gets detected.

GameLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even after doing all that, rcm still doesn't look like it wants to work. Tried plugging in different USB cables to different ports, holding down different buttons, etc.

What should I do now?

Last edited by GameLizard,

GameLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:

Turns out that I'm able to get into RCM mode (after reseting switch) AND I'm also able to get into cfw. There's one catch though: Everytime I but it into sleep mode, I have to go through the process of reseting it again. Not sure what the problem is, but one step closer to finding an answer!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
UPDATE:

Turns out that I'm able to get into RCM mode (after reseting switch) AND I'm also able to get into cfw. There's one catch though: Everytime I but it into sleep mode, I have to go through the process of reseting it again. Not sure what the problem is, but one step closer to finding an answer!
Sleep mode crashes the Switch when fuses are burnt to 6.2 on a lower firmware, that's now been fixed with the Fusee Primary bootloader.

Reactions: mdmachine

careless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:

I've currently got a similar problem, restored a NAND backup and my console is now bricked.
How did you "reset" the switch? Mine won't turn on after charging all night, and when I try to inject the payload I get a "no TegraRCM device" error. I seriously doubt it's a cable/computer/jig issue as all of them were working fine until I restored my backup

ucef

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hold Power button Vol+ and Vol- after that go to settings et reset with saving data

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: