• Start date
  • Views 320,099
  • Replies 844
  • Likes 72

adam1290

Trophies
XP
Country
I was just thinking. Is there anyone who could write some homebrew that would change the folder name depending on the game you wanted to play? So for example. You set up 5 different games in folders. The homebrew app would load and you'd choose the game you wanted and it would change the name of that folder to the title ID of your donor game therefore it would load that game, and all your other folders could just be redundant temporary file names?

I'd totally have a go but no idea what language or how to compile and run once done. I pick things up really quickly

Last edited by adam1290,

Nawashi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am having an idea as to why some people have issues with exeFS not showing up. Maybe the fault is the downloaded rom not having a header? Since exeFS, to my knowledge(correct me if I'm wrong) is basically just header information.

AtomicallyRetro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was just thinking. Is there anyone who could write some homebrew that would change the folder name depending on the game you wanted to play? So for example. You set up 5 different games in folders. The homebrew app would load and you'd choose the game you wanted and it would change the name of that folder to the title ID of your donor game therefore it would load that game, and all your other folders could just be redundant temporary file names?

I'd totally have a go but no idea what language or how to compile and run once done. I pick things up really quickly

It sounds like a good idea, however, the compatibility isn't universal with every game, right? For example, if you tried to play ARMS on a game title that isn't compatible with it, it would just error out. Wouldn't this make the system a lot more complicated?

I'd love to see this work though, would make the process a lot easier.

Unity150_magickavoxel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Switch backup loading is here: [prebreak]1[/prebreak]

1) Get a title id of any game you have installed from http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Title_list/Games (this is your target titleid)
2) Create a directory on SD : sd:/atmosphere/titles/*target_titleid*
3) use hactool to extract the romfs.bin and exefs files from your main nca from the game you want to run instead of your target (its in secure from XCI - the biggest one)
4) put romfs.bin in sd:/atmosphere/titles/*target_titleid*/romfs.bin, exefs files into sd:/atmosphere/titles/*target_titleid*/exefs/
5) Edit titleid in main.npdm (in exefs) to contain target title id (http://carlus.altervista.org/nx/title_id_patcher.html)
6) run a fs_mitm containing CFW release, run your target app (Cannot share the CFW files here, grab them from https://discordapp.com/invite/NbfhykM)

Note that saves don't work for me atm, you should wait for mememenu/similar.
Minecraft works, others not tested.

proof video:

So i have edited the .npdm file with tile fortnite titleid and have the romfs.romfs file do i rename to romfs.bin??

adam1290

Trophies
XP
Country
It sounds like a good idea, however, the compatibility isn't universal with every game, right? For example, if you tried to play ARMS on a game title that isn't compatible with it, it would just error out. Wouldn't this make the system a lot more complicated?

I'd love to see this work though, would make the process a lot easier.
No you're right, I mean, I have tried Fortnite with most as that seems to be a good donor game, but still, I tend to try with that, and then with Puyo Puyo and if they don't work then I just class the game as not working!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg