Not open for further replies.

Ncjayroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont understand what I am do I g wrong. I hold volume up and tap power, the screen stays black. But when I plug it in to Pc the switch comes on. Please help me

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I dont understand what I am do I g wrong. I hold volume up and tap power, the screen stays black. But when I plug it in to Pc the switch comes on. Please help me

First of all your switch should be connected to your pc to begin with. Second of all do you have a jig. You can't just hold volume up+ power, you need a jig or use the tinfoil method

Ncjayroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all your switch should be connected to your pc to begin with. Second of all do you have a jig. You can't just hold volume up+ power, you need a jig or use the tinfoil method

Yes I have a jig, paper clip, bent to measurments, it's connecting on pins 1 and 10,. It stays black even when I tsp the power button, just when I get ready to plug in pc, it powers on instead off showing the black screen with RCM boot options

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am also on firmware 5.1.0

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes I have a jig, paper clip, bent to measurments, it's connecting on pins 1 and 10,. It stays black even when I tsp the power button, just when I get ready to plug in pc, it powers on instead off showing the black screen with RCM boot options

I am also on firmware 5.1.0

connect it to the pc first before you try to boot into RCM. If it doesn't work, try to adjust the jig a bit since sometimes i might not be in the right position. Your pc makes a sound whenever a usb is plugged in right? If so you'l know it works if you hear the sound, yet the Switch's screen remains off

Ncjayroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
connect it to the pc first before you try to boot into RCM. If it doesn't work, try to adjust the jig a bit since sometimes i might not be in the right position. Your pc makes a sound whenever a usb is plugged in right? If so you'l know it works if you hear the sound, yet the Switch's screen remains off
Thanks guys bout to try your suggestions now and do you guys have any advice for the next process for as a good uploader and bins that have been confirmed to work properly

Just tried and the screen stayed black and pc made a sound saying it was connected

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks guys bout to try your suggestions now and do you guys have any advice for the next process for as a good uploader and bins that have been confirmed to work properly

Just tried and the screen stayed black and pc made a sound saying it was connected

then you have successfully booted into rcm. As for the rest it really depends on what you want to do with your switch

Reactions: Ncjayroc

Ncjayroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then you have successfully booted into rcm. As for the rest it really depends on what you want to do with your switch
Honestly I may never go online with this thing just want to get homebrew, some good game to me, switch games if possible and thanks again

Ncjayroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a little help, just got my switch in Rcm mode so what do I do next? I just want to down load nintendo switch game roms and play them offline

Sorry for all the questions I just want to learn how to finally do this myself. Always had to pay somebody and I know I need help

Ncjayroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or you were just to ignorant to actually do your own work.
Yes in the definition of that word by Webster I am. If you noticed I said I was a Noob

Yes in the definition of that word by Webster I am. If you noticed I said I was a Noob
I am not claiming to be any more knowledgeable then a rookie who wants to learn and I can never learn to do it my own without someone to teach me but I did look up the paper clip directions and have gotten to this point of RCM mode by my research and work so far on this site

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
or you were just to ignorant to actually do your own work.

Maybe you could stop being a jerk and actually HELP for a change?

I need a little help, just got my switch in Rcm mode so what do I do next? I just want to down load nintendo switch game roms and play them offline

Sorry for all the questions I just want to learn how to finally do this myself. Always had to pay somebody and I know I need help

Can't help you with the actual downloads not can i post download links here but google TegraRCMSmash, that is what you're going to use to load your payload. After that, if you're on the most recent firmware follow this guide here https://gbatemp.net/threads/quick-g...ates-dlc-with-devmenu-no-sx-os-needed.512337/

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As other have suggested, read the tuts on here. The reason you had troubles in the beginning is because pluggimg your switch into your PC after launching RCM triggers the switch to boot into normal mode. You have to plug it in to your PC first, shut it down and then boot into RCM. As others have said, use tegrasmashgui.

Glad you figured it out

Reactions: Pluupy and charlieb

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
oh come on, there are DOZENS of theads dedicated to this sort of thing, but this person completely disregards the threads and chooses to make junk threads.

So we're not allowed to ask questions anymore? Not to mention you referred the person to GOOGLE, not to any specific thread about this subject. So if you're not going to help, just ignore the thread

Reactions: Pluupy and charlieb

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
even with the tuts with the sheer volume of info can be confusingand overwhelming for some new users. The hostility to people asking questions is bewildering.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
even with the tuts with the sheer volume of info can be confusing and overwhelming for some new users. The hostility to people asking questions is bewildering.

Yeah somethings can be overwhelming, hell i STILL Feel the same way and i've been doing this for a while now. Which is why i ask questions to the people who know better than me

Reactions: charlieb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Better leave them alone i guess