Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Swedish Male commits suicide on internet. He told about his plans at the swedish board Flashback.

Raw translation:
Hanged himself in live broadcast
Police snatched out - the man who died

Several people were shocked to witness when a young man on Monday hanged himself live on a web page.

The police were alerted and pulled out the man's apartment in a Swedish city, but failed to stop the man in time. He is now confirmed dead.

- I've seen a lot online but this is the worst I've seen in my entire life, said a person who witnessed the incident, via a webcam was looking directly at an Internet site.

Police were alerted at 13:44 and was in place in the man's apartment at 14:05. There began immediately with cardiopulmonary resuscitation but discovered that it was too late

I myself think Sucide is the must cowardly someone can do. :/

MOD edit
Topic closed.

All that is useful has already been said. Plus please remember any reports of suicides usually leads to copycats. There are always spikes in suicides when they are reported in the media, which is why most news outlets choose not to report them.

If you have issues or thoughts of self harm please contact a professional service. There are many free services. For anyone in Australia you can contact Lifeline on 13 11 14. Check with your country.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
That was bizarre

I kinda lol'd when the face turned blue and then white again

Quincy said:
Wow that video is.. not to be rude.. but it made me lol. It looks like he's humping against the wall!
Hell yeah, me too

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
im not sure about your locales, but in Australia news outlets will pretty much refuse to publish stories about suicides, can this site not do the same thing?
imagine if somebody is thinking about killing themselves and then they stumble upon this page
it is truly disgusting that you linked the video (even if in a spoiler)

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
im not sure about your locales, but in Australia news outlets will purposely refuse to publish stories about suicides, can this site not do the same thing?
imagine if somebody is thinking about killing themselves and then they stumble upon this page

I have to agree with this.

It's okay to post the news, but posting a video of the actual suicide is a bit much and very unnecessary.
This really isn't the site to be posting such videos.

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Video removed
smile.gif

(though dubble warning + spoiler would be enogh)

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
mercluke said:
im not sure about your locales, but in Australia news outlets will pretty much refuse to publish stories about suicides, can this site not do the same thing?

QFT.

Perhaps it might be best to remove the video you know.
EDIT:
Geh, too late.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
It's difficult.

I'd like to force everybody that is giving away romantic descriptions of scuicide to watch 8'000 of these videos uncut.

On the other hand: suicide is really an illness, and the act itself is only the last stage.

So I'd prefer to show a 2-min video of his crying relatives, that have to live now with this egoistic act.

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Suicidie is indeed an egoistic act, I totally agree with that.
You're only ending your own suffering just to leave all your relatives with lots of grief...
Be a man and stand up against the world, dammit

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Lube_Skyballer said:

And don't forget that his relatives have to face not only his suicide now - but some thousand kids that watch his last video for their amusement.

Wow. What a hero.

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Clookster said:
Lube_Skyballer said:

And don't forget that his relatives have to face not only his suicide now - but some thousand kids that watch his last video for their amusement.

Wow. What a hero.
Also on the FlashBack forum they are making jokes of him....
What did the police when they found him?

So here you are. I thought you were hanging on FlasBack.
I feel like i need to use my dagger on some people...

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
After reading this and watching the video, (before it got taken down) it just sickens me to see that somebody could do this to themselves, not to mention what Clookster and Phoenix said about what his relatives are going through.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's easy to say that suicide is selfish, but if you know anybody or god forbid if you yourself have been suicidal, you would know just how difficult it is. It's an illness and it's extremely difficult to think rationally. I was shocked to find out how many people around me were at one point suicidal. People very, VERY close to me. When I stop and think about it, I realize how much I personally neglected those people. Sometimes you really have to step back and have a look at ourselves before we judge.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
nutella5600 said:
Sometimes you really have to step back and have a look at ourselves before we judge.

Yes, that's true.

Obviously he made that video for his virtual friends on a online suicide community. There are some of these communities, and people are interested in "seeing" how it's working.

It's just the same as a 16-year old guy posting a receipt of his last game he bought (5 days before release) and then dumping it in a "hype thread".

Maybe internet addiction is just some sort of suicidal behaviour in general...

Frogman

This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
That scares me...
I'm not watching that video. Do you guys realize (the ones who watched it) you just wtched somebody be killed, it wasn't a movie it wasn't special effects that man took his own life before your very eyes and to think that you are makeing jokes about that makes me feel sick.
I really think you need to edit your posts to say something different

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The biggest problem was that people on FlashBack didn't think he was serious. so they messed/temped him to do it :/

only check http://www.flashback.org/t1322408
It's the original thread. Wasn't able to google translate the site but you may translate each post for themself.

As i said, alot of people though he was trolling.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Coreyfrog7 said:
Do you guys realize (the ones who watched it) you just wtched somebody be killed, it wasn't a movie it wasn't special effects that man took his own life before your very eyes and to think that you are makeing jokes about that makes me feel sick.
I really think you need to edit your posts to say something different

You see dying or dead people in the news as well, don't you? There is war somewhere. People are dying just right now. Most of them don't want that as bad like the guy in the video.

I dont think that anybody here made fun of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte