Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Is there any way to get this working for GBA VC games? My saves for my GBA Ambassador games are on my EmuNAND, but since GBA VC titles load from SysNAND all my saves are gone :/
If you are using rxTools, then install those on Emunand also, then you can load them from Emunand..

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using rxTools, then install those on Emunand also, then you can load them from Emunand..

I am loading them on EmuNAND, but when you actually open them from EmuNAND it basically loads the SysNAND copy. That's why both have to be installed.

That seems to be why I can't load up my saves properly.

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I am loading them on EmuNAND, but when you actually open them from EmuNAND it basically loads the SysNAND copy. That's why both have to be installed.

That seems to be why I can't load up my saves properly.
Oh okay then, probably use savedatafiler?

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, does that also mean that we can inject a Header "1" game save file on a Header "2" game considering both are same games?
Not sure what you mean with "headers" but I'd say yes. Svdt makes the console decrypt the savefile when it exports it, and makes it encrypt it back when importing it. For most games it's enough to efficiently inject saves between different consoles, I'd say.

Reactions: KJ1

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Not sure what you mean with "headers" but I'd say yes. Svdt makes the console decrypt the savefile when it exports it, and makes it encrypt it back when importing it. For most games it's enough to efficiently inject saves between different consoles, I'd say.
Okay, thanks for replying! :D

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
please correct me if i'm wrong, but this tool is somewhat kinda akin to the HANS payload and requires the game one wants to dump the save from to init, letting said game handle the decryption?
Thus a batch mode (translated to meme speak "DUMP ALL THE SAVEGAMES") is impossible?

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a newbie guide on how to use svdt? I dumped my own Starfox 64 3D cartridge and would now like to transfer the savegame. So far so good I figured out that the left-hand side shows the save contents of the currently inserted cartridge and the right-hand side shows my SD card but where do I copy the files from the cartridge to? The folder-structure of the Nintendo 3DS folder is really confusing. One thing I figured out is that the folders inside are named after the TitleID but after looking up the TitleID of Starfox 64 3D and finding the matching folder I still didn't figure out where to put the files :/

ac1d_sn0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I just installed homebrew today and I really want to edit the hex values of my character in terraria, however, after dragging svdt into my SD card it wont show up under the homebrew launcher. I would appreciate any kind of support you guys can offer, thanks!

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is making multiple saves for a game possible to say swap in and out ? Like if a friend wanted a Animal crossing town on my 3DS and I wanted mine I could save my game with this and let her play make a town then save her game in this app then when I want my save just import it and so on ..

yashar13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I need to put saves of ocarina of time 3d on my cartridge, but I found on filetrip only In .sav format, when I use svdt they're in .bin format. Is there a way to convert sav in bin? Thanks in advance

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
if you can use savadatafiler, i recommend to use that instead of svdt/tdvs. more functionality, extdata support i think too.
unless anyone wants to tell me why the homebrew is better? sure, it's nice that's not stolen/illegal etc etc lol, but i want the best tool for the job.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out