Homebrew Discussion Surprise! Nintendo is working on VC including (NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBA, GBC, DS).

Exannor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they did actually start working on this rather than it just being a placeholder and applied it to the 3ds as well, I would definitely be hyped. I've been playing leafgreen and sapphire through gbarunner and I wish I could play more titles.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulating Gen 6 isn't trivial on something like the Switch. I'll be shocked if we ever get Dolphin at fullspeed. This list is pretty much the Wii U VC as-is.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As others have said this means nothing and was there since launch. It's also not from the eShop as the guy claims but from the search function of the Nintendo website - it's for the filter and is also in the JSON of the DS for example.
So they are just filters for searching? Maybe it's some kind of eshop code from wii days

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Figures, they went after all the big rom websites so they're gonna provide it themselves. Still, I don't think Nintendo is naive enough to think their roms aren't easily accessible anymore.

Duhasst0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they give us mother 3.

Right there with you, but it's Nintendo, they aren't gonna do that. At least for us English speaking audience, it's not gonna happen, but if it does, maybe we will have a Fan like Tomato who did the last translation stuff for the mother series.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are people so eager to by the same exact game over and over again? I guess those born after 1999 dont know what it was like to just by a game once and keep using the same game. I only buy it once. when it comes to virtual console i have the original copies so why would i spend money to buy it a second and 3rd time. That's just stupid. Just to have it on the switch? NO thanks. There are those that will buy it on the wii, the wii u and the switch. You all ever heard of keeping something older? Now those that dont have a copy it makes sense to buy it on the switch.
Those that want to buy it 3 times just to support the company must be on a different level.

Skittyusedcovet

Gbatemp’s Favourite Skitty
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why are people so eager to by the same exact game over and over again? I guess those born after 1999 dont know what it was like to just by a game once and keep using the same game. I only buy it once. when it comes to virtual console i have the original copies so why would i spend money to buy it a second and 3rd time. That's just stupid. Just to have it on the switch? NO thanks. There are those that will buy it on the wii, the wii u and the switch. You all ever heard of keeping something older? Now those that dont have a copy it makes sense to buy it on the switch.
Those that want to buy it 3 times just to support the company must be on a different level.

I was born in ‘92 and keep buying games multiple times to support the developers. I know there are others like me and were not stupid by any means. lol I like keeping my non digital versions pristine. I find it really funny when you say someone is on another level. Your the second person on the earth to say that to me. First time I heard that was when some guy told my grandma that when she couldn't keep to the rhythm of clapping her hands and he said she was on another level. Its not a bad thing to be on another level.

Right there with you, but it's Nintendo, they aren't gonna do that. At least for us English speaking audience, it's not gonna happen, but if it does, maybe we will have a Fan like Tomato who did the last translation stuff for the mother series.

I hope nintendo takes Tomato's translation. He offered it to them if I remembered correctly. Thats like free money for nintendo right there. I keep hoping that one day it will happen.

Fadi5555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think gamecube will gonna come eventually?
Because there’s some rumors talking about it in the past. Also do you think that an official wii/gc emu on Chinese NVIDIA Shield TV will coming to the switch?

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Do you think gamecube will gonna come eventually?
Because there’s some rumors talking about it in the past. Also do you think that an official wii/gc emu on Chinese NVIDIA Shield TV will coming to the switch?
Yep, this VC is going all the way, dude. From the Commodore 64, to the latest PS4 and Xbox One titles. Who needs more than one console, am I right?

You heard it here first.

Reactions: Skittyusedcovet

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was born in ‘92 and keep buying games multiple times to support the developers. I know there are others like me and were not stupid by any means. lol I like keeping my non digital versions pristine. I find it really funny when you say someone is on another level. Your the second person on the earth to say that to me. First time I heard that was when some guy told my grandma that when she couldn't keep to the rhythm of clapping her hands and he said she was on another level. Its not a bad thing to be on another level.

I hope nintendo takes Tomato's translation. He offered it to them if I remembered correctly. Thats like free money for nintendo right there. I keep hoping that one day it will happen.

The level i was referring to was the support. I like to support companies that make products i like. I draw the line when its the same exact game over and over. Since people seem to like these retro games like my self, how about releasing games just like them?
I would love to see a new real chrono trigger in snes style.

Last edited by Captain_N,
Reactions: Skittyusedcovet

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can anyone pass up the opportunity to make money off something that is old and already complete and sell it to a new audience? Want to buy my yo-yo? It lights up! Or perhaps these jeans that have holes in them. They so retro!

Reactions: Jonna

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I would in general agree:
But there is a gain in going from wii/wii u to switch.

Portability!

There is a gain from going from 3ds/ new 3ds to switch

Bigger portable Screen (with option to play on TV) and many more controller choices!

Personally I am not interested in buying all my VC again. However if they let me upgrade/migrate them from wii/wii u/3ds/new 3ds. I would happily pay a small fee to do that.

Last edited by SonicMC,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol