OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
AdZxCLA.jpg

Thanks to my wondrous grandmother and her 2mbps upload speed, the livestream is back on! Same time, same place! I will be playing Halo, Cave Story +, Superman 64, and if I have time and can find someone with a good server, I'll be playing Minecraft online! If anyone has a reliable server they'd allow me and others to destroy, please PM me with info! Thanks!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
you going to play superman 64? you want this to be a success, don't play superman 64...
Protip, I'm not doing this stream for you. If you don't like what I'm playing, fine, don't watch. Others have requested it, so I'm playing it. Skelle isn't the only one who wants me to play it.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
you going to play superman 64? you want this to be a success, don't play superman 64...
What determines his stream being a "success"? If he plays Supeman 64 for a while and gets bored/frustrated/angry/etc, he can just switch to another game if he so desires. I don't recall a stream's success being measured by whether or not you can beat one terrible game out of many games you're playing.

Anyway, turns out I don't have work till 5:30pm EST on Saturday, so I'll definitely be watching, assuming the TwitchTV app on my tablet doesn't decide to be a pain, like it often does. :)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Livestream will be in approximately 3 hours everyone, here's a link to the GoFundMe page: http://www.gofundme.com/276ae0

For some reason GoFundMe is having issues searching for charities for me, so I couldn't select any charity, but rest assured all the money will go towards Child's Play and I won't touch a cent. If you feel the need, you can check my feedback thread in the trading section or you can just ask around to verify I'm trustworthy.

EDIT: If someone wants to try and make a donation page for Child's Play for me, I'd appreciate the help. If you also can't create one, then I'll know it's not on my end. Thanks!

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello everybody, Tom Bombadildo (formerly known as Suprgamr232) here and I'm advertising (with the permission of the almighty Costello) a monthly charity livestream I'll be doing...well, once a month.

FAQs

What is this magical thing you speak of?
The gist of it is, I'll be live streaming myself playing PC games, whatever ones you guys may find enjoyable, and while streaming I'll have post a GoFundMe link for anyone to come and donate to a charity of my (or your, if you have a suggestion/request) choosing.

How do I know you won't steal my monies???
I'll be using GoFundMe, an online fundraising site that has the option to donate money to charity instead of your own wallet. It's completely free and donations will be going straight to the charity itself, I won't see a dime of it. For more info on GoFundMe, you can check out their website at: http://www.gofundme.com

What charity will you be fundraising for?
At the moment, the charity will be for Childs Play (anyone familiar with Penny Arcade should be well aware of what they do, if not, here's a link for more info). I remember first hearing about what the Penny Arcade guys did and I remember watching their PATV episodes about it, and it really touched me in appropriate places. Ever since then, I've donated most of the extra leftover money I have at the end of the year and they deserve more than I can give, so hopefully you guys can help.

Why are you doing this?
Why, because I'm a nice guy of course! ...or sometimes, at least. I've been wanting to do something like this for a while now and never had the...means to do it, and now that I've got time and such, I decided to start a once-a-month thing to help raise money. In short, I want to make a difference. A bigger difference. Yeah.

When will these streams be happening?
I want to try and do them the first Saturday of every month (so the next stream would be March 2nd) at varying times during the day. I'll try to find a good time to get maximum viewers, so I'll have to experiment a bit and get a little bit of feedback.

How do I view this..."live stream"?
I'll be hosting the LiveStream at twitch.tv/suprgamr232 and I'll post a GoFundMe link somewhere or other for you guys to donate while I play. Donations are completely optional, but are encouraged. Every little bit helps.
When's the next Live Stream?

Saturday, March 2nd at 2PM EST.

What will you be playing?

Right now, this will be up to you guys! Post your suggestions for games you want to see me play, and I'll do my best to acquire them for you! At the moment I'll only be able to record PC games, so we'll stick to those for a bit along with emulators as well. My PC handles everything pretty well, so suggestions up to PS2/GC/Wii are allowed (as long as the game is playable in the emulator) If no suggestions come in, then I'll pick a game at random from a list and I'll just continue on doing that until something better comes along.

EDIT: So far we have Halo 1/2 and Cave Story+, and Superman 64. If I have any time left at the end, I'll (hopefully) be playing Minecraft online! (Anyone with a nice stable server that will allow me to destroy stuff, PM me please). I'll be inviting you guys to the server and we'll be playing a bit of Minecraft together.

Here's a nice video with some info as well:

If there are any other questions or anything let me know, and if you have suggestions for a game or anything really go right ahead and post.

At least its something useful you do...

They did the same thing back in Netherlands.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Lolol omg I haven't done this in a while.

Decided sometime this month, in honor of Xuphor, I'll be doing another stream where the donations will go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. I haven't decided a day yet, as I have to purchase a few things first, but it will be in July. I'll try to make it an all day thing, playing whatever games I have on my PC that I feel would be enjoyable to watch. I can also pull out some emulators, in case my PC Master Race games get boring. I'll bump this thread whenever I decided on a day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O