Review SuperCard (SD): "How To" Guides and FAQs

vuandvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sorry im new to the forum. But once you update the supercard firmwarm using the kernel. Do you leave the kernel file in the root of the sd after ward or do u delete it. I got confuse on this part. Thank you, please help.

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Delete it.
smile.gif

Once it's updated it's flashed.
No need to keep it on the card storage.

vuandvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the infos, i greatly appreciated its tuff for newbies thank you alstair
Quick question the gba. and the sav file from the superpass 2 folder does it have to be in the SD card all the time with the patched NDS rom for The DS to load the supercard menu.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thank you for the infos, i greatly appreciated its tuff for newbies thank you alstair
Quick question the gba. and the sav file from the superpass 2 folder does it have to be in the SD card all the time with the patched NDS rom for The DS to load the supercard menu.

Yeah you need to keep it on there all the time to boot the Superpass2 up each time you play. Or you could use the Superpass2 to install flashme, then you could delete it.

vuandvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gba. and the sav file that you use to put in the sd are the same file use to program the Superpass 2, base on the the original DS game that is inserted in to the superpass 2. Please clarify this for me i dont want to mess up. Thank you

vuandvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What gba and sav file do you use to put in the SD card. Please help, is it the same one use to program the Superpass 2 from the SC GBAsav folder

sushivader

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I seem to be running into a problem.

I've read how to config the supercard and such. I bought a supercard from somewhere and i bought a pass card from Jandaman. It was good until he gave him a EZ pass 2 card isntead of a superpass2 card. So now i'm completely confused. I can get ymy supercard SD to work for GBA games but when it comes to DS games i can't. I tried configing my EZ pass 2 card. I followed the instructions up to the very went when they said "look for a green light that says pass." So aftewards i disconnected everything, plugged in my game, (lunar dragon song) on the ezpass2 card and Nothing happens. A blank white screen pops up. I tried the guides way of installing a NDS game on my SD card and I waited till the program said complete before i took the SD card out and placed it in my supercard. So what am i doing wrong to receive this white screen?! can someone help me?! or do i really need ot exchange my ezpass2 card for a superpass2 card.. thanks!

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm interested in the answer to Blueskies' question too.
And adding to that, I know this sounds lame, but I was just wondering what the save data tab is for on the SC menu? It sayd do you want to write to SD? But then I thought when you save ingame (for DS games) it already automatically saves to the .sav file in the SD no??

crowba

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, i just bought a NDS to get in touch with handheld programming and homebrew software. I Got a SupercardMiniSD and a SuperPass2. Now the Superpass 2 needs those *.gba and *.sav files and the game for the insert.

Now i only have: Metroid Prome first Hunt (EU)(AMFP-0) and Lost Magic (EU)(AM9P-0) and i cant finde the *.gba and *.sav files for those 2 Games..

Seems just the Japan version of Lost Magic and the US version of Metroid Prime Hunters is available
frown.gif

now: is there any way to use my passcard 2 with Metroid Prome first Hunt (EU)(AMFP-0) or Lost Magic (EU)(AM9P-0)

thanks in advance

Elixir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi, i just bought a NDS to get in touch with handheld programming and homebrew software. I Got a SupercardMiniSD and a SuperPass2. Now the Superpass 2 needs those *.gba and *.sav files and the game for the insert.

Now i only have: Metroid Prome first Hunt (EU)(AMFP-0) and Lost Magic (EU)(AM9P-0) and i cant finde the *.gba and *.sav files for those 2 Games..

Seems just the Japan version of Lost Magic and the US version of Metroid Prime Hunters is available
frown.gif

now: is there any way to use my passcard 2 with Metroid Prome first Hunt (EU)(AMFP-0) or Lost Magic (EU)(AM9P-0)

thanks in advance

A passcard doesn't run games, the supercard does. The passcard merely changes where the Nintendo DS reads the DS game information from.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, a few questions about Supercard SD. What's the biggest size SD it accepts? Second: Are PNY brand SD cards compatible with supercard?

D

Deleted User

Thanks for this guide. I would have been at a total loss as at what to do. You taught me a few things. Thanks again.

DVST8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone, I just received my SC lite today and passcard. I followed all the instructions and this is what happens.

- DL the latest Kernel for the SC Lite,
- format my Micro Sd to FAT
- opened up the S.C. program and began to choose the games I needed to patch.
- I have the patched games already transfered to the drive in which the Micro sd is in.
- pop the micro sd card into my dsl and everything loads fine
- Of the games I have installed, half of the games load up 2 white blank screens. The other time the top screen is black and the touch screen is on. Lastly Both screens turn black and nothing loads.
What the heck am i Doing wrong here? I followed the directions to a tee. Thanks in advance.

OK Update, out of 8 games 1 of them worked. Kirby's touch and paint... Does this mean that the other games are corrupt?

julezS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you update the firmware with the file supplied in the update on your DS. I think it's the bin file. Just load it in the supercard menu like you would a game. The newest patching software needs the newest firmware to work.

seanjohn9992003

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hey guys and gals

I'm really at a loss

Ive followed your guide.. updated the firmware to the latest (1.63).. and transferred the roms after patching them.. so its 2 files per rom... (one is nds.dsq and the other nds.sav)

but for some reason.. there are no games on the LIST tab?? none at all!

however the SAV files appear under the saver tab??

what am i doing wrong?

Hope you can help! thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol