Hacking Supercard microSD reader

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
After my previous microSD blew up in its own original reader I am left with the SC reader's bundled USB reader. Is it trustworthy? Anyone used it extensively without problems?

D

Deleted-119707

from what i have heard, card readers that are bundled with flash carts arn't really good. some (i think all) are well known to corrupt cards. from my own expirience, i use the card reader that came with my r4, i used for a few months then it corrupted my micro sd card.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Dunno if we can relate there. From personal experience, and with grief, I regret having sold the R4 reader(the metallic one with a red light) cause it has been the single best reader I ever used. It never corrupted or broke or heated up and read both SD and SDHC, its light always shut off when safely removing hardware or ejecting which gave me a sense of safety, none of the others do that.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The card readers bundled with flashcarts generally aren't inherently bad, just cheap and inconsistant. Some work well, while others of the same make cause no end of problems.

As for the reader that comes with the SCDS1, I haven't even tried it. I'm currently using this one, and it's been good to me so far.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Mine corrupted a microSD totally and died some days later. I wouldn't trust the microSD-readers that comes with Scds1 at all.

jmr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive been using mine for 8 months between my 2 scdsone's, ez-flash4, camera, pocket pc, divx player & its been flawless

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches