Supercard microSD reader

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Searinox, Aug 7, 2008.

Aug 7, 2008

Supercard microSD reader by Searinox at 11:44 AM (1,057 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Searinox
    OP

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    After my previous microSD blew up in its own original reader I am left with the SC reader's bundled USB reader. Is it trustworthy? Anyone used it extensively without problems?

2. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    from what i have heard, card readers that are bundled with flash carts arn't really good. some (i think all) are well known to corrupt cards. from my own expirience, i use the card reader that came with my r4, i used for a few months then it corrupted my micro sd card.

3. Searinox
    OP

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    Dunno if we can relate there. From personal experience, and with grief, I regret having sold the R4 reader(the metallic one with a red light) cause it has been the single best reader I ever used. It never corrupted or broke or heated up and read both SD and SDHC, its light always shut off when safely removing hardware or ejecting which gave me a sense of safety, none of the others do that.

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The card readers bundled with flashcarts generally aren't inherently bad, just cheap and inconsistant. Some work well, while others of the same make cause no end of problems.

As for the reader that comes with the SCDS1, I haven't even tried it. I'm currently using this one, and it's been good to me so far.

5. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Mine corrupted a microSD totally and died some days later. I wouldn't trust the microSD-readers that comes with Scds1 at all.

6. jmr

Newcomer jmr Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    ive been using mine for 8 months between my 2 scdsone's, ez-flash4, camera, pocket pc, divx player & its been flawless

7. Link5084

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    SCDS1's card reader shouldn't be a problem