Hacking Supercard Lite vs EZ4 Lite

zragnarok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the SC Lite has officially started pre-ordering for about $10-20 more than the EZ4-Lite.... I currently have a EZ4-Lite with 1gb microSD but im getting annoyed with the slowdowns because I play alot of Animal Crossing and everytime I enter or exit a house (like 10 times a day) I have to sit through the slowdown... I dont want the G6 because I dont want to be stuck with 512mb..... SO anyone know if the SC has any distinct advantages over the EZ4?

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well the people that have them now are complaining about slowdowns and not been able to save but hopefully romman will release a patcher or update that will fix this on friday.

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well the SC Lite has officially started pre-ordering for about $10-20 more than the EZ4-Lite.... I currently have a EZ4-Lite with 1gb microSD but im getting annoyed with the slowdowns because I play alot of Animal Crossing and everytime I enter or exit a house (like 10 times a day) I have to sit through the slowdown... I dont want the G6 because I dont want to be stuck with 512mb..... SO anyone know if the SC has any distinct advantages over the EZ4?

I bet it's the same with supercard. I think u need a really good micro SD card to do the job but so far I've lived with it (but i don't like playing animal Xing on it tho). If u like the game so mcuh just get the real game... i'm sure it's worth it nayways,

mr_saturn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
To get a playing experience same as the real game card your only option is G6/G6 Lite.

O rly? That's quite a statement considering the supercard lite isnt officially released yet.

There IS a new patcher. Check out scdev.org. Slowdowns greatly reduced if not completely eliminated.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get a playing experience same as the real game card your only option is G6/G6 Lite.

Actually ACWW works just like the "real thing" on my EZ2 and EZ3.
wink.gif

gryto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
No slowdown on entering a house on M3. That's probably because I patched it with "normal mode" (the M3 has 32mb ram, and normal mode loads the game into it).
I believe all M3s have this ram, so all can use normal mode. Also, with the right memory card slowdowns can be (mostly) eliminated.

I don't know much about EZ4 Lite, but if it has some patching option like that try it.

chinlgbatemp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my EZ4 lite from Winsunx yesterday and was using Sandsik 512 non-Ultra.
Animal crossing run fine online or offline without any slow down.

AeroScap

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The lagging at the doors is due to a bad dump, to my knowledge there are 3 dumps out there of AC

1) which lags at the intro and that is it, (plays perfectly after)

2) lags at every door and intro e.g. you

3) just isnt compatible with wifi online play

It is a simple caus of using the right patcher.

---------

On topic you should get the SC lite caus it fits and has faster RAM for your lagless play.

MrGosu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so which version of animal cross is everyone using? :X
u.s version i think i'm using the u.s one and takes like 10 sec loading going from the my room to the main world.

kvad

Trophies
Website
www.dynamitepig.com
XP
Country
SC lite fits perfect, EZ4 lite sticks out a little (I don't notice nor care really).

The main thing which annoys me about the EZ4 lite is that you have to open up the cart to take out the micro SD card. Where the SC lite is spring loaded.

SC lite uses their fugly menu system, EZ4 lite looks nice and is skinable. Who cares since you just select the game, for a total of 2 seconds you're in the menu.

EZ4 lite has some WiFi issues not sure if its 100% fixed yet either.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a SCminiSD but Animal Crossing still runs fine .. just like with the earlier postter with M3, you just set the rom to load to the cart's ram instead of running directly from the SD. Takes about 35 secs to load the game, but that's better than 10 sec slowdowns all the time.

the SCLite specific patcher is supposed to fix the problem, but I don't have one so couldn't tell you if it really does.

cohmapapp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does chism's FAT code work on the Supercard MicroSD? I know that only a couple homebrew apps have FAT support for the EZIV lite (Moonshell, eTool).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up