Hacking Supercard GBA Compatibility WIKI

Do you like the current layout (see notes below in #1 post for details)

• Yes - uses 1-line/entry/game when editing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - uses 3-4 lines per game when editing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Some people may not know about some of the issues about the WIKI page
It seems different people have different ideas on how the page should be displayed

In Question one - the current layout includes all games to have their own 'A-Z' title, with a 'jump to letter' index
It also uses this format mentioned below to add entries to it
Code:
{{SC_GBA|ROM Name|Result|Comment for Without game_config.txt|Comment for with game_config.txt}}

The alternative is one long list, with no 'jump to letter' index, & uses a format such as this:
Code:
{|
|-
|align="center" style="background:skyblue"|Actraiser (G)
|align="center"|0.5a
|align="center"|Works, some speed issues and major graphic glitches. Random freezes.
|}
for each game entry

In Question 2: Some people prefer to search for game names using the title of the game, while other prefer to search by 'ROM Number'

In Question 3: Some people believe that the version of the Emulator used should be included, & that the 3rd column currently being used should be removed

There's already a thread about GBA compatibility of the Supercard , but it's not being updated regularly.

So a few people have taken the trouble to set up a WIKI page @ http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Supercard_GBA which will allow anyone with WIKI access to update as-&-when games have been tested.
[Please note that there is already a more complete list over @ GBATemp Cheat Forums, made by raing3, but several games are missing and still need to be tested]

Currently the WIKI is being developed/updated with the info from 'GBATemp Cheat Forum', but if you have access to the WIKI and you have tested some games - please feel free to update the WIKI
(If you are willing to test for missing games - I would suggest that you visit the GBATemp Cheat forum first to see which are missing)

A couple of points though:

> When adding games that start with 'The' - please place them under the letter of the NEXT word of the title, & don't include the word 'The' in the title
  • e.g. 'The Legend Of Spyro' would be placed under 'L' as 'Legend of Spyro'
otherwises we'll end up with quite a few games under 'T'

> When editing the WIKI, there is a certain 'format' to adding entries (subject to change)
Code:
{{SC_GBA|ROM Name|Result|Comment for Without game_config.txt|Comment for with game_config.txt}}
Where 'result' can be:
  • Works / Working / Green -> Green background
    Issues / Blue -> Blue background
    Not Working / Doesn't work / Red -> Red background
for example:
Just change the red text said:
For Games that work without needing game_config.txt, use: {{SC_GBA|name of game|works|Works|}}
For Games that work but have some form of glitch, use: {{SC_GBA|name of game|issues|description of issue or fault|}}
For Games that work, but only with game_config.txt, use: {{SC_GBA|name of game|issues|description of issue or fault|Works|}}
For Games that fail, use: {{SC_GBA|name of game|not working|description of fault|}}

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Added Pokemon Ruby emerald and a few 2-in-1 games

Hopefully we get more help now
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe you could add a poll to see if we keep the template or not
If we decide to not use it I can easily convert it back to the normal wikitext and I can even alter the columns while doing so if needed. Just make sure it has the correct formatting first or you'll have to re-edit them all manually...

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As I stated in the other thread, it's best if we use Another World's template suggestion, because otherwise this project would end up taking AGES to finish, if only because of the ridiculous amount of time that goes in entering every entry manually. If we can get a full list, the only thing we'll need to do is add info about the games (whether they are working or not, the problems, and how to get them working if there is a way).

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In my post on the other thread I was tyring to remember the format that I was very used to and found easy to navigate.

To give you the exact idea of what I was supposed to be talking about (I have a bad memory)
PSX-PSP compatability wiki

Something like this would cover all areas and be very readable. you'd get your sorted alphabetically, instead of the NTSC-U e.t.c. we could have (U), (E), (J) e.c.t.
Take the ID column out OR even better replace it with Rom Number.
Take the Manual cloumn out and your done.

This would leave you with:

| Name | Rom Number | Region | Description |

I don't know if you can do a table like they have in the PSX-PSP wiki but I found that one to be very easy to follow.

EDIT: but I'm not sure whether it would require alot of work to create.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DarkWay; can you post a small part of the page source? I don't want to create an account just to see how it's done
tongue.gif

edit: we can probably recreate it without the source though

edit2: Here's another of our pages made with templates. What about that format?

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
DarkWay; can you post a small part of the page source? I don't want to create an account just to see how it's done
tongue.gif

edit: we can probably recreate it without the source though

[title:PSX-PSP Page Source]
==Numbers==

'''Name'''
'''PSX ID'''
'''TV Type'''
'''Manual (Y/N)'''
'''Notes'''

007 Racing
SLUS-01300
NTSC-U
No

007 Tommorow never dies
SLUS-00975
NTSC-U
[http://www.psxpspmanuals.com/read.php?4,1040 Yes]

3Xtreme
SCUS-94231
NTSC-U
No
popsloader @ 3.71:boots and plays fine - by killergp123  

40 Winks
SLUS-00874
NTSC-U
No
Works fine on 3.71 and 3.90 Pops tested by Raymondgt08

The source they used is quite horrible and there is probably a MUCH easier way of recreating it with alot less code.
tj_cooledit2: Here's another of our pages made with templates. What about that format?
EDIT: tj_cool that is basically identical except (I didn't look) the source code is probably alot easier to deal with, this is what I'd love to see the Wiki look like.

silly_z45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiki sounds like ti will end up a nice reference guide.

compatibility wise ive got one.

super street fighter 2 turbo revival - everyone says works which i agree with, however multiple times when i have reached the boss and akuma appears the game freezes if you get bison the rom is fine. other than that flawless but i felt i should let someone know.

Tekkin88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Umm. I just wanted to add that Golden Sun freezes when you obtain the Mercury Djinni in the Mercury Lighthouse. And I can't find a way to get around it right now. I can't put it on the wiki cause I'm posting from my phone. :/

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well, looking @ the poll results after only 3 days - seems like a majority like the '1line/game entry' & 'alphabetical' design - but seems not to concerned about version numbers

I'm not going to make any changes since in the 'other post' I'd suggested we'll give the poll a couple of weeks before making any changes (if any) - however there's not much chatter about whether we should have a 4th colour or not for 'games that work with config' or whether we should keep the 3rd column or not

However I admit I like the format that tj_cool put forward earlier about having the 'Game ID' column
tj_cool said:
edit2: Here's another of our pages made with templates. What about that format?
but not sure how'd that would look with the current format since it will only sort the columns in that section

I've also decided to remove the last question (about 'do you want 'version numbers'' ) on the poll & change it for a multi choice for different options

For those who have 'already voted' just add a post for your choices for the last question
& I'll add it to the results (somehow)

EDIT #2 (8/7/10): OK I've got rid of the poll as it seems as though no-one wanted to add any more votes

The end result was
'Use Current format?': 27 'For'; 6 'Against'
'Sort alphabetically?': 26 'For', 7 'Against'

So the WIKI will most probably be staying as it is

Things liked to be added:
Add 4th colour for games that 'Works with game_config.txt' [35.00%]
Add column for 'Version Number' of GBA Emulator [25.00%]
Add 5th colour to allow adding games that have NOT been tested [15.00%]
Add (sortable) column for 'ROM id' No [0000]-[2999] [10.00%]
Remove 'with game_config' column [5.00%]
Put games into 'sections' based on game name (with 'jump to' index) [5.00%]

Site & Scene News