Supercard GBA Compatibility WIKI

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by CannonFoddr, Jun 12, 2010.

?

Do you like the current layout (see notes below in #1 post for details)

1. Yes - uses 1-line/entry/game when editing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No - uses 3-4 lines per game when editing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jun 12, 2010
  1. CannonFoddr
    OP

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Notes concerning the Poll above

There's already a thread about GBA compatibility of the Supercard , but it's not being updated regularly.

So a few people have taken the trouble to set up a WIKI page @ http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Supercard_GBA which will allow anyone with WIKI access to update as-&-when games have been tested.
    [Please note that there is already a more complete list over @ GBATemp Cheat Forums, made by raing3, but several games are missing and still need to be tested]

Currently the WIKI is being developed/updated with the info from 'GBATemp Cheat Forum', but if you have access to the WIKI and you have tested some games - please feel free to update the WIKI
    (If you are willing to test for missing games - I would suggest that you visit the GBATemp Cheat forum first to see which are missing)

A couple of points though:

> When adding games that start with 'The' - please place them under the letter of the NEXT word of the title, & don't include the word 'The' in the title
    • e.g. 'The Legend Of Spyro' would be placed under 'L' as 'Legend of Spyro'
    otherwises we'll end up with quite a few games under 'T'

> When editing the WIKI, there is a certain 'format' to adding entries (subject to change)
    Code:
    {{SC_GBA|ROM Name|Result|Comment for Without game_config.txt|Comment for with game_config.txt}}
    Where 'result' can be:
    • Works / Working / Green -> Green background
      Issues / Blue -> Blue background
      Not Working / Doesn't work / Red -> Red background
    for example:

2. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    Added Pokemon Ruby emerald and a few 2-in-1 games

Hopefully we get more help now [​IMG]

3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Maybe you could add a poll to see if we keep the template or not
    If we decide to not use it I can easily convert it back to the normal wikitext and I can even alter the columns while doing so if needed. Just make sure it has the correct formatting first or you'll have to re-edit them all manually...

4. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    As I stated in the other thread, it's best if we use Another World's template suggestion, because otherwise this project would end up taking AGES to finish, if only because of the ridiculous amount of time that goes in entering every entry manually. If we can get a full list, the only thing we'll need to do is add info about the games (whether they are working or not, the problems, and how to get them working if there is a way).

5. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    In my post on the other thread I was tyring to remember the format that I was very used to and found easy to navigate.

To give you the exact idea of what I was supposed to be talking about (I have a bad memory)
    PSX-PSP compatability wiki

Something like this would cover all areas and be very readable. you'd get your sorted alphabetically, instead of the NTSC-U e.t.c. we could have (U), (E), (J) e.c.t.
    Take the ID column out OR even better replace it with Rom Number.
    Take the Manual cloumn out and your done.

This would leave you with:

| Name | Rom Number | Region | Description |

I don't know if you can do a table like they have in the PSX-PSP wiki but I found that one to be very easy to follow.

EDIT: but I'm not sure whether it would require alot of work to create.

6. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    DarkWay; can you post a small part of the page source? I don't want to create an account just to see how it's done [​IMG]

edit: we can probably recreate it without the source though

edit2: Here's another of our pages made with templates. What about that format?

7. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    EDIT: tj_cool that is basically identical except (I didn't look) the source code is probably alot easier to deal with, this is what I'd love to see the Wiki look like.

8. CannonFoddr
    OP

United Kingdom
    @ tj_cool: I've been thinking that IF we do stick with your method (template) I think we'll have to have a 5th colour as well: white = untested

9. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Just don't use any colour.

10. silly_z45

Newcomer silly_z45 Advanced Member

Australia
    wiki sounds like ti will end up a nice reference guide.

compatibility wise ive got one.

super street fighter 2 turbo revival - everyone says works which i agree with, however multiple times when i have reached the boss and akuma appears the game freezes if you get bison the rom is fine. other than that flawless but i felt i should let someone know.

11. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    Add it on the wiki [​IMG]

12. Tekkin88

Member Tekkin88 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Umm. I just wanted to add that Golden Sun freezes when you obtain the Mercury Djinni in the Mercury Lighthouse. And I can't find a way to get around it right now. I can't put it on the wiki cause I'm posting from my phone. :/

13. CannonFoddr
    OP

United Kingdom
    Well, looking @ the poll results after only 3 days - seems like a majority like the '1line/game entry' & 'alphabetical' design - but seems not to concerned about version numbers

I'm not going to make any changes since in the 'other post' I'd suggested we'll give the poll a couple of weeks before making any changes (if any) - however there's not much chatter about whether we should have a 4th colour or not for 'games that work with config' or whether we should keep the 3rd column or not

However I admit I like the format that tj_cool put forward earlier about having the 'Game ID' column
    but not sure how'd that would look with the current format since it will only sort the columns in that section

I've also decided to remove the last question (about 'do you want 'version numbers'' ) on the poll & change it for a multi choice for different options

For those who have 'already voted' just add a post for your choices for the last question
    & I'll add it to the results (somehow)

EDIT #2 (8/7/10): OK I've got rid of the poll as it seems as though no-one wanted to add any more votes

The end result was
    'Use Current format?': 27 'For'; 6 'Against'
    'Sort alphabetically?': 26 'For', 7 'Against'

So the WIKI will most probably be staying as it is

Things liked to be added:
    Add 4th colour for games that 'Works with game_config.txt' [35.00%]
    Add column for 'Version Number' of GBA Emulator [25.00%]
    Add 5th colour to allow adding games that have NOT been tested [15.00%]
    Add (sortable) column for 'ROM id' No [0000]-[2999] [10.00%]
    Remove 'with game_config' column [5.00%]
    Put games into 'sections' based on game name (with 'jump to' index) [5.00%]