Hacking Supercard Firmware 1.65 Screens!!

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
The things said above actually would make the usability better, but putting some stupid pictures and leet menus here and there would not be the same.

bobbyblunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There should be an enormous image of bobba fet with flashing eyes and rotating weapon.

seriously though, there's an awful lot of people around these forums who rate UI prettyness as a determining factor when choosing a flashcard, regardless of how the UI/cart performs.
Crazy.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
XD YES! I want a flashing rotating Boba Fett! XD

Seriously though, I think the SC Menu is fine the way it is. Sure, some minor improvments can be made, but functionallity > nice-on-the-eyeness or whatever you'd call it.

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should replace the numbers next to the game with the icon file that goes with the game.

I agree......
nds.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lame.

Supercard needs to get off its ass and do the following:

1) Get 100% GBA support
2) Rumble (uhh, ok)
3) Change the interface to utilize BOTH screen (top and bottom)
4) Keep the current interface, but use both screens.
5) Upgrade to FAT32

After that, it'd be nearly perfect.

I've heard the new supercard rumble isn't meant to have GBA support. I think myself the supercard team have given up the ghost of getting GBA working 100% perfect on the supercard and are trying ways to get rid of it.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There should be an enormous image of bobba fet with flashing eyes and rotating weapon.

seriously though, there's an awful lot of people around these forums who rate UI prettyness as a determining factor when choosing a flashcard, regardless of how the UI/cart performs.
Crazy.
I don't care how it looks. It's retarded to navigate, though! The DS has a touch screen making things sooo simple and fast. Why not use it?
dry.gif

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
i appreciate SC keepin the gui simple, but how hard would it be to add the ROM release icons and mabye have the rom list extend to both screens?
still nice(er) than current firmware I suppose
nyanya.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

carloandreacchio

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dunno about you, but hte saving on the NDS side of the supercard is quite easy... All you do is just save normally inside the game and it saves to a file on your card. Simple. I dont know why people find that hard?

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The SC menu sucks because rommon can't do better. Hell, all the other carts have a better gui than this (even NEO2
rofl2.gif
). And if you say a nice looking menu is slow, that's false. That's also because the programmers suck. Look how fast DS games can boot all the data they have.

But let's continue defend our purchases.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
The present SC gui is faster than the ez4.. also it boots games quicker.

Also I believe the reason for the top screen being in gba resolution is so gba games can be booted from the ds side menu, and run properly. None of the other cart manufacturers have cottoned onto this yet.

M3 has to go into gba mode and with the ez4 gba games can boot from ds mode but don't run correctly unless booted from gba mode (check f-zero for the problem to be seen easily, it's like every other frame when booted from ds mode on ez4 other gba games display a slight jerky action )

mastertop101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it looks better than before, but what I absolutely want, is being able to change the selected file by HOLDING down or up button, not only with new presses, and being able to move from 1st to last file by pressing up (and vice versa, but pressing down)

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
The SC menu sucks because rommon can't do better. Hell, all the other carts have a better gui than this (even NEO2Â
rofl2.gif
). And if you say a nice looking menu is slow, that's false. That's also because the programmers suck. Look how fast DS games can boot all the data they have.

You sound like a real coder and designer yourself. Maybe a little portfolio from you would help to support your claims but I doubt you could notice the difference between C and Java. Heck, another valid point there! We all LUV you.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The SC menu sucks because rommon can't do better. Hell, all the other carts have a better gui than this (even NEO2Â
rofl2.gif

Look man, you purchased the SC to play games, not to look at a damn menu. The menu is plain, but it's functional and thats all that matters!! Leave rommAn alone
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: