Hacking Supercard Firmware 1.65 Screens!!

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The SC menu sucks because rommon can't do better. Hell, all the other carts have a better gui than this (even NEO2 
rofl2.gif
). And if you say a nice looking menu is slow, that's false. That's also because the programmers suck. Look how fast DS games can boot all the data they have.

But let's continue defend our purchases.

Look man, you purchased the SC to play games, not to look at a damn menu. The menu is plain, but it's functional and thats all that matters!! Leave rommAn alone
dry.gif

If that's the case, then why are most in this thread excited about the "Firmware 1.65 Screens", that look nearly the same as the old ones...

The existence of this thread proves that Supercard users want (and deserve) a better looking menu. I really cannot understand people that want the SC menu to be ugly
wacko.gif

DownwardSpyral

The Fastest Thing Alive
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it looks better than before, but what I absolutely want, is being able to change the selected file by HOLDING down or up button, not only with new presses, and being able to move from 1st to last file by pressing up (and vice versa, but pressing down)

You can press L or R to quickly cycle pages.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
The new GUI does look a lot better, but id put the list on the bottom, and the tabs and icons and shit on the top window, when you select a game, it pulls the rom info and icons, displays it on top screen, add your cheats or settings, and press Y to boot it.

i really like this idea wunsick. having the rom info/image/codes on top screen with a touchable list on bottom sounds sooo slick

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is what I posted on another forum to express what I personally think about the Supercard vs M3, since I own both of them:
QUOTE said:
I have both and I prefer the SC.
Reason ? It boots faster.
Everytime I switch on the DS it gets straight to the game list,select a game and start playing,not warning screen and no wasting time to backup the save and eventually get warnings about sav files not found
With the M3 , after warning screen(which is a mask to hide the fancy menu loading in the background) and all the relatives sav backups and failed sav backups, go to the menu, search the folders , start a game and wait for the sav loading routine again etc...
It's just time consuming.
I prefer the SC, that's all.
If a game doesn't run immidiatly, I can get a patch or I can play it on the M3 in the meantime, untill an update comes along.
My M3 is mostly used for GBA games, it plain owns there and serves me as a second card when I need to play some DS multiplayer games with my younger brother.
So I use them both, but I like the SC better, and it was cheaper too.
I think the new firmware is going to be fine.

omegatr0n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
man i love my supercard...but m3/g6 is becoming quite impressive with the amount of firmware updates...i wish romman had the time to site down and code that often

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
Well... I prefer a few update every now and then. Not every day but if they provide some new features or a better compatibility why not.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't understand why people think this is new firmware. I highly doubt they can update the SuperCard GUI so this will only been screens for the Rumble Version menu.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

KINGOFNOOBS

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its still new firmware either way. The new 'GUI' might only be for rumble. But its new firmware regardless. SCL 1.65 Might not be the same as SCLR 1.65 Firmware. But its new firmware netherless (according to the YYJOY forums anyway)

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The existence of this thread proves that Supercard users want (and deserve) a better looking menu. I really cannot understand people that want the SC menu to be uglyÂ
wacko.gif

Totally agree!

So often i read that the menu isn't for looking at it... but i MUST look at it and then i realize that it's ugly and NOT state of the art.

We don't WANT the menu, we just care more about the important stuff like rom compatibility. You have fun playing games, not oogling at a menu
lecture.gif

zacstill

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, it looks better than before, but what I absolutely want, is being able to change the selected file by HOLDING down or up button, not only with new presses, and being able to move from 1st to last file by pressing up (and vice versa, but pressing down)

HOLY CRAP
I didn't know that!
Thank you!

By the way, supercard gui is absolutely fine.
I agree about holding the directional buttons and pressing up to go to the bottom of the list, if they implemented that it would be PERFECT

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The existence of this thread proves that Supercard users want (and deserve) a better looking menu. I really cannot understand people that want the SC menu to be ugly 
wacko.gif

Totally agree!

So often i read that the menu isn't for looking at it... but i MUST look at it and then i realize that it's ugly and NOT state of the art.

We don't WANT the menu, we just care more about the important stuff like rom compatibility. You have fun playing games, not oogling at a menu
lecture.gif

It would be a good idea for supercard to put something on a firmware update to boot a file. The file could contain a GUI written by another programmer, a version of moonshell or whatever. The supercard team could write a GUI to get us started. If you prefer the supercard menu, you don't put the file on and it just boots as normal.

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

HOLY CRAP
I didn't know that!
Thank you!

By the way, supercard gui is absolutely fine.
I agree about holding the directional buttons and pressing up to go to the bottom of the list, if they implemented that it would be PERFECT
don't forget scrolling of long filenames!

those are the real additions i want too...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since