Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
viz said:
QUOTE said:
...a MoonShell2.NDS file in the same directory as these shortcut specific files. Why they elected to do it this way makes absolutely not sense to me...

found a typo!

QUOTE(Another World @ Jun 9 2010, 10:31 PM)
For any typos or misspelled words, I kindly ask that you PM me. Please do not clutter this thread with those comments.
*hint hint*
Great review, I read it a while ago.

For the GBA Cheats section I recommend citing this.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
HuRRicaN said:
I have a question, what exactly are the make and specifications of the SCTWO's onboard CPU?

all i was told was that it is more powerful than the i-player cpu, and it shows as it eats up battery life much faster. i don't know anything more and did not have the time to track down any information.

mong29 said:
How did Ninja Five-O worked? I can't get to run at all!

From the Review
The GBA EMU v1.21 was used for all testing along with the gPSP "game_config.txt" file.

The SCDS2 EMU is a port of the Dingoo GBA EMU which is a port of gPSP. Thanks in part to the Dingoo SDK gPSP was able to be ported to the I-Player and in turn compiled for the SCDS2. The ported gPSP EMU can utilize an external file called “game_config.txt”, a file which helps to tweak the emulators performance through the external manipulation of various EMU based variables and settings. The “game_config.txt” file should be placed into the NDSGBA ROOT folder, and will allow for many games, not officially supported, to play as expected. The Another World Homebrew file by Foxy has an entry in the “game_config.txt” file, and this file is required to get this exceptional commercial quality Homebrew port up and running. It begs the questions if other Homebrew files can be fixed by using this file, one can only hope that the Homebrew community will insert the correct lines of information into the "game_config.txt" file to help improve GBA Homebrew compatibility.

download.gif
Game_Config.txt 5.94 KB

*hint*hint*

i made an adjustment to the listing in the review, the gba section now reads "Ninja 5-0 - Pass (Requires game_config.txt)"

-another world

mong29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, what kind of hex editer or gba head reader do I need to make changes in the game_config.txt?
I really want Ninja 5-O running!(:

HuRRicaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mong29 said:
Um, what kind of hex editer or gba head reader do I need to make changes in the game_config.txt?

Just a regular text editor like notepad, it's just normal text file !

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
mong29 said:

ninja 5-0 already has an entry in the file. grab the file (linked in the review) and place it as instructed (as per the review) and you will be all set.

-another world

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
the review really put me off the supercard dstwo, poor build quality ,poor gba support, no gba homebrew loading properly, beta and rushed feel of the flashcart overall, 1.05 firmware rendering the flashcart useless, and poor updates compared to cyclo ds, it doesn't help that the acekard 2.1i is not that much better either and i don't have much choice if i want to upgrade to a dsi xl, a real shame cyclo ds don't make a dsi flashcart.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you have to weigh it with the positives. scds2 has an active support team who continue to update their slot2 linkers when all other teams have dropped slot2 support. the sdk will bring lots of exciting homebrew, and i've personally been talking to devs about porting their emus to the scds2. eventually (later this month) we will see snes and e-book support, to be followed by the video support. those 3 features are yet to be reviewed, they may impact my review greatly. gba homebrew support was a disappointment but the gba_config might make it possible to get some of those files working. one of the most important things for me is that the team is paying attention. items i complained about in the review were fixed on the recent eos firmware update. they really want to make this a great cart and it has the potential to be great. if they glued the shell shut the build quality would not have been an issue. i've abused my scds2 already and its performing just fine. if you treat your kit with respect it should last.

if you were looking to get this card for the in-game menu, i would comment that those items are buggy gimmicks. so far i've used the in-game guide to load .bmp photos. i've yet to play a nds game that required me to look up "help," and one should remember that a large majority of nds games are targeted towards the 14 yr or younger gamers. these games really don't have the challenge level that NES games had in their era. The slow-motion is silly and i can't find a use for it. any game i've played that are that hard (contra 4?) have cheats which take away the challenge. the on-the-fly cheat making tool is really neat but i think better suited as a separate homebrew. right now i know a handful of people actually using that tool, literally i could name them all on one hand. its a fun tool to play with and it might be useful while trying to learn to make cheats. however, why make cheats when a dedicated group of gamers are already compiling cheat databases for us? the save states have their uses when you can't game until the next save point, but the save states are buggy. sometimes they load the game but the game does not execute. so if you rely on the save states you could end up having to replay a large portion of the game. the only thing i really like about the in-game menu is the ability to turn cheats on/off at will. its fun to test what some crazy cheats do (like moon jump), without having to reset the rom each time to pick new cheats.

once all the bugs are worked out and the sdk has been released i think that gamers will buy more of this card. it has potential to be the future of this hobby as long as they can work out the software problems.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up