CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've got a problem and need help. I got a new SuperCard DSTWO to replace one I sold to a friend for a 10$ profit. The 32gb micro SD card I'm using is brand new as well. However whenever I try to play it on my 3DS (on the most recent firmware) I get the same error "Please hold the POWER Button" etc. I have my cart updated all the way with the newest firmware (updated on a DSL) the newest EOS patch and everything. It shows up as ALEX RIDER STORMBREAKER every time on my 3DS as well, but it just won't boot. The really strange part is that it works flawlessly on my DS Lite!
Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? It's really starting to infuriate me, and it seems to be happening to a lot of people, but no one knows why or how to fix it.

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well its obvious that the DS Lite would work because the DS Lite does not have updatable firmware.

If you have copied over the latest EOS system and the latest patch, try re-formatting the SD card and follow the same process again.

CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well its obvious that the DS Lite would work because the DS Lite does not have updatable firmware.

If you have copied over the latest EOS system and the latest patch, try re-formatting the SD card and follow the same process again.

I've tried that multiple times now. Still with no luck.

The DSTwo needs to read data off the MicroSD to boot properly, seems recent units are shaped differently and the way that the 3DS squeezes the DSTwo likely makes it lose contact with the MicroSD.

We don't know any sure-fire fix.

I've noticed. I sure hope one comes out soon. Would you recommend buying a new one, or will it more than likely have the same problem?

CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Contact issues happen to other carts, it's just the AK2i was the most common which is why the thread was made for it.

But here it sounds like there's something else going on, especially since there's like 10 people in the past week reporting the same issues when we haven't seen it before.

CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Contact issues happen to other carts, it's just the AK2i was the most common which is why the thread was made for it.

But here it sounds like there's something else going on, especially since there's like 10 people in the past week reporting the same issues when we haven't seen it before.
I agree. But what steams me the most is that it works perfectly every time on my DS Lite. Which makes me no want to buy a new one, since a fix specifically for the 3DS MUST be possible eventually.
Would you recommend getting a new one in hopes for this problem to be gone?

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shows up, so no contact issues.
It doesn't show "no find sdscard", which is the DSTWO message when a microSD card is not inserted, so it's not the microSD card either.
My guess is you didn't install the correct firmware or didn't install it properly.
Here's the latest EOS: http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/f...supercard-dstwo-eos-1112012-12-24-f31269.html
Here's the latest Firmware: http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-supercard-dstwo-firmware-119-f31202.html
Ive gone through the EXACT same issues he has had, we downloaded everything properly, its as Rydian said, must be a contact issue.

Reactions: Nxenz

CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It shows up, so no contact issues.
It doesn't show "no find sdscard", which is the DSTWO message when a microSD card is not inserted, so it's not the microSD card either.
My guess is you didn't install the correct firmware or didn't install it properly.
Here's the latest EOS: http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/f...supercard-dstwo-eos-1112012-12-24-f31269.html
Here's the latest Firmware: http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-supercard-dstwo-firmware-119-f31202.html
Copied both of those to my SD card, updated on a DS Lite, but still got the same message on my 3DS.

What is weird is that, very rarely, it will load correctly if I mash A after I initially press A to choose the game (STORMBREAKER.) So it HAS to be some kind of contact issue. Though in the back of my mind I hope it's a software issue so that it can be easily fixed!

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ive gone through the EXACT same issues he has had, we downloaded everything properly, its as Rydian said, must be a contact issue.
Rydian said:
Also,
The DSTWO shows a message if the SD card is not connected and the card does show up on your 3DS AND it works on a DS Lite.
That's a firmware issue, no doubt about it.
Perhaps the Supercard DSTWO also has a few PCB revisions that don't work with the latest firmware and you guys are the unlucky ones.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Copied both of those to my SD card, updated on a DS Lite, but still got the same message on my 3DS.

What is weird is that, very rarely, it will load correctly if I mash A after I initially press A to choose the game (STORMBREAKER.) So it HAS to be some kind of contact issue. Though in the back of my mind I hope it's a software issue so that it can be easily fixed!
You could open the DSTWO up and see if somethings loose in there.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also,
The DSTWO shows a message if the SD card is not connected and the card does show up on your 3DS AND it works on a DS Lite.
Perhaps the Supercard DSTWO also has a few PCB revisions that don't work with the latest firmware and you guys are the unlucky ones.

But I wasn't even on the latest firmware (and still am not).
Im still on 4.4.0

Reactions: Nxenz

CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Im still on 4.4.0
That's a difference we have, I am on the most recent 3DS firmware.

You could open the DSTWO up and see if somethings loose in there.
I wouldn't even know what to look for, or what could even BE loose.

Also,
Is there anything we could do about this, if we are that unlucky? Are you saying it's the hardware that isn't working and we'll need to get a new one, or just wait until a new firmware?

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im still on 4.4.0
That's a difference we have, I am on the most recent 3DS firmware.

I wouldn't even know what to look for, or what could even BE loose.

Is there anything we could do about this, if we are that unlucky? Are you saying it's the hardware that isn't working and we'll need to get a new one, or just wait until a new firmware?
The issue here is strange, since the cards seem to work in the DS Lite.
So I think the card is held to tight by the 3DS slot which disconnects something.
I wouldn't know what to look for either, but the DSTWO is a small card how hard could be to miss something on a card that size when it's loose.
But perhaps a different solution is to use some sandpaper or something and make it fit better.
You can also wait and see if the Supercard team has an answer to this problem, since there are quite a few people suffering from this exact same issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1